• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Concerns regarding what comes next?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
Due to the massive restrictions placed on the Disney worlds, this time around, and nothing more than nitpicks have we finally gotten concerns for KH4 and where the series will go from there? Frankly after the plethora of negativity and majorly harsh critiques within this community....I've lost that motivation to have any hope. I'll still love the game, I guess. Anyone else?

Last edited:

mriku90

Awards
Due to the massive restrictions placed on the Disney worlds, this time around, and nothing more than negativity.

I think you're just posting ridiculous things to get people to comment. Literally the only negativity I've seen in the Disney aspect was Frozen. Every other Disney World was for the most part incredibly praised especially POTC, Tangled, Toy Story, and BH6.

It has a solid B even in the audience in Metacritic.

You want to see a nothing more then negativity, take a gander at Jump Force and Anthem. Geez people need to stop with nothing but negativity narrative.

Either you're just viewing a very small circle and think it's the majority or you're just trolling.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Literally the only negativity I've seen in the Disney aspect was Frozen. Every other Disney World was for the most part incredibly praised especially POTC, Tangled, Toy Story, and BH6.
Yes, and No, it just varies from the perspective of the player(s) and their enjoyment of that specific Disney world in KH3. Sometimes they like a specific world (e.g. Frozen) other times they don't like a specific world and have their share of criticisms (e.g Monstropolis, San Fransokyo, The Caribbean). So Just because one specific world (e.g. Frozen) has its negativity doesn't mean that the other worlds (e.g. PoTC, Tangled, the Toy Story and Big Hero 6, etc.) have positives and free without it flaws.

Besides we're not sure on which Films (specifically Disney's most recent animated films) that will become Disney worlds (e.g. Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, etc..) in the next game or KH4 will end up having restrictions like what happened to the Frozen and the Pixar worlds (although I'm okay with the original storylines for the Pixar worlds and were the ONLY restrictions Pixar had put on Nomura and his team) in KH3.

Also with Frozen II coming out this year, I'm optimistic that Disney and the people who worked on Frozen won't be as restrictive like they were for the Frozen world in KH3. On top of that, Anna and/or Elsa could become Party members for Sora for the first time, just like how Hercules became an official party member for Sora in KH3, but not in the other numbered titles (KH and especially KH2).

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
I think you're just posting ridiculous things to get people to comment. Literally the only negativity I've seen in the Disney aspect was Frozen. Every other Disney World was for the most part incredibly praised especially POTC, Tangled, Toy Story, and BH6.

It has a solid B even in the audience in Metacritic.

You want to see a nothing more then negativity, take a gander at Jump Force and Anthem. Geez people need to stop with nothing but negativity narrative.

Either you're just viewing a very small circle and think it's the majority or you're just trolling.

Then I blame myself if critiques and statements regarding the Disney worlds, the story WITHIN most Disney worlds specifically Arendelle, Corona and the restrictions placed on the Pixar worlds that won't allow any fights with their respective villains like Randall or Zurg, lack of original worlds, lack of Final Fantasy characters, lack of Disney bosses, and boy do I see a common thread between the negativity for the lack of exploration of the existing original worlds. Specifically Radiant Garden.

If these do not at all count as negativity towards the game, then please inform me at once. It's better off that I say nitpicks than negativity, then.

Thorf

Going off on a slight tangent: I see these claims all over the place, but I'm left wondering what the source of this info is.

How do we know specifically that Disney was so heavy handed this time compared to previous games?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Going off on a slight tangent: I see these claims all over the place, but I'm left wondering what the source of this info is.

How do we know specifically that Disney was so heavy handed this time compared to previous games?
I forget which one it was, but Nomura did say in an interview that the Disney worlds were harder to do this time around because of greater involvement and restrictions from Disney.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I forget which one it was, but Nomura did say in an interview that the Disney worlds were harder to do this time around because of greater involvement and restrictions from Disney.

Yeah, Frozen especially.

But I dunno, I still think most of them were the best the series has ever done in terms of pure Disney content sooooo, I feel like their restrictiveness worked? I don't get why so many people are saying it like it turned out bad.

I guess some have a conspiracy theory where Disney forced them to "focus" on the Disney, when in actuality both DDD and 0.2 were once meant to be part of 3's narrative so when both were cut as separate games it left this one with significantly less to tell, imo. And then even worse the KH team/Nomura themselves totally made the decisions to push most of the big stuff till the end.

Aurora Lark

Awards
I think the worlds turned out pretty great and none of them except Hundred Acre Wood did disapoint. But I was shocked at how half baked Hundred Acre Wood was this time and even though I love the characters I would have prefered they kept it out to return in KH4 or some other game. I wouldn't worry about worlds for the next game thers stell plenty of them out there

wwinterj

My only concern about the next game is if it'll be on a console I own or not. I don't want the series all over the place again. Given the interest shown in the Switch though I feel a Switch exclusive might happen.

mriku90

Awards
My only concern about the next game is if it'll be on a console I own or not. I don't want the series all over the place again. Given the interest shown in the Switch though I feel a Switch exclusive might happen.

DDD 2? I think it's safe to just stick with next gen Sony console. I always do consoles for Nintendo and Sony. I do not care a single iota for Microsoft.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, Frozen especially.

But I dunno, I still think most of them were the best the series has ever done in terms of pure Disney content sooooo, I feel like their restrictiveness worked? I don't get why so many people are saying it like it turned out bad.

I guess some have a conspiracy theory where Disney forced them to "focus" on the Disney, when in actuality both DDD and 0.2 were once meant to be part of 3's narrative so when both were cut as separate games it left this one with significantly less to tell, imo. And then even worse the KH team/Nomura themselves totally made the decisions to push most of the big stuff till the end.

I agree, this game did the disney worlds way better than other titles in the series did. The only world I feel didn't quite work other than 100 Arc Woods, was Arendelle. We didn't really spend time with the movie cast members and I didn't feel like there was any connection.
It felt like the whole movie happened and Sora and co. where just off somewhere else doing their own thing, where as Corona had us meet and befriend Rapunzel and Eugene, even if most of the story took place off screen, we sill got to be part of their adventure.

I don't see Square bringing the games all to once console just to split them again, especially after making a big deal about getting them together. On top of that other than the Switch I don't see there being to many alternatives to the Sony line, unless they want to make another mobile game...

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It felt like the whole movie happened and Sora and co. where just off somewhere else doing their own thing, where as Corona had us meet and befriend Rapunzel and Eugene, even if most of the story took place off screen, we sill got to be part of their adventure.
Even though Corona did a better job with SDG being involved with the Tangled Cast than Arendelle did, but in my unpopular opinion, I honestly felt that Kingdom of Corona felt too linear and slow (up until you reach the Kingdom) but that's just me. Not to mention some of the scenes in the world felt rather forced than Arendelle and the Caribbean (e.g. Flynn/Eugene's reason on wanting to return the satchel, him being knocked out, His escape with Maximus (minus the Thugs helping him, cause I don't think Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling and the Dam off-screen while SDG went looking for them) and revealing his real name at the end of the world). Along with the fact that SDG pay little to no attention to Pascal whatsoever and Donald and Goofy did NOTHING when Marluxia used his sleep aroma and knocked Sora unconscious and stood idle before Maximus woke him up. :/

Plus, Sora almost interferred with the movie's events and the world order when he tried to call Rapunzel when she was returning to Gothel before Marluxia showed up. So even if Corona is above Arendelle in story, it still was below the other Disney worlds in KH3.

I'm still optimistic that we would return to Arendelle in a future KH game and adapts the events of the 2nd film along with Disney and the people who worked on Frozen being less restrictive compared to KH3 version of the world.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Man, some of you people are really letting other peoples opinion of the game over-take your own. Subscribing to the hive mind is not mandatory. If you like Kingdom Hearts III then good for you, but if you don't then fair enough.

I'm still optimistic that we would return to Arendelle in a future KH game and adapts the events of the 2nd film along with Disney and the people who worked on Frozen being less restrictive compared to KH3 version of the world.

Yeah, I think the restrictions with Arendelle was because of Frozen 2. After seeing the teaser trailer, there's already a tonal shift with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff. I think Disney wanted to maintain the authenticity of those characters, and have Arendelle return for Kingdom Hearts IV.

But hey, Arendelle gave us freaking Marshmallow as a party member, that's very creative, and the Heartless boss for Arendelle is freaking cool too!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Yeah, I think the restrictions with Arendelle was because of Frozen 2. After seeing the teaser trailer, there's already a tonal shift with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff. I think Disney wanted to maintain the authenticity of those characters, and have Arendelle return for Kingdom Hearts IV.
Same can be said for Wreck-It Ralph. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Wreck-It Ralph was actually considered as a world at first during the development of KH3, but was scrapped at the last minute when they heard that Disney was doing a sequel to Ralph (Ralph Breaks the Internet), which is why he ended up as a link summon in the final game. It's unfortunate it wasn't a world as it would've been a spiritual successor to the Tron worlds in past KH games and have it be a world-within Twilight Town either at the Old Mansion or some Taito Arcade building as we already got three of the "revival era" Disney films in KH3 (Tangled, Big Hero 6, Frozen).

Hope it's in the next KH game.

Thorf

This is precisely why I'm asking, as I find that community interpretation of Nomura's interviews often goes way too far, inferring things that just aren't there.

What I've seen in interviews is lots of mention of working together with the original creatives, but I have yet to see anything where Nomura even suggests that Disney were very restrictive. And yet this seems to be taken as a given by many in the KH community.

Is it fair to conclude that this is probably just a conspiracy theory?

A similar topic is Nomura's supposed reaction to what happened with Versus XIII and FFXV. I have yet to see any sign that he was even upset about this, although I see posts about his supposed feelings all over the Internet. It's a bit weird.

I understand that it's possible to read between the lines, and also that Nomura and Square's public statements may well be subject to spin of some kind, but it surprises me how much the community seems to consider these things as known facts.

Edit: In case someone thinks I'm just trolling here, I guess I should add that I'm genuinely asking about this, and I'd love more information. I've read up about these things, but I wasn't around in the online community when they unfolded. (My way of dealing with the huge gap between KHII and III was simply to disengage until III got a release date.)

Back