• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Conan the Barbarian (2011)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
[video=youtube;pgAwtW1QXvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAwtW1QXvg[/video]​

Gram

Banned
Awards
No. Please no. I refuse. And if I see another remake (that isn't Star Trek) I will blow something up.
2h7ibdf.jpg
can i help!?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Looks kinda shitty. Today's sense of aesthetics is just not good for a barbarian movie. And this guy looks nothing like Conan should look.

conan.jpg
=/=
conan11.jpg

Unless this is a very very young Conan, maybe in his early 20s, they could have done so much better.

No. Please no. I refuse. And if I see another remake (that isn't Star Trek) I will blow something up.

Then get your explosives ready, because there's over 20 remakes confirmed to be done before 2013.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Looks kinda shitty. Today's sense of aesthetics is just not good for a barbarian movie. And this guy looks nothing like Conan should look.

conan.jpg
=/=
conan11.jpg

Unless this is a very very young Conan, maybe in his early 20s, they could have done so much better.

im more concerned bout how the girl looks
you know wuz im sayin'

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
αsiя;5466118 said:
A remake of the 1982 Conan the Barbarian.

Conan the Barbarian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conan the Barbarian is a property that's been around for a long, long time and has existed in a variety of different mediums. I don't believe this movie is a remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, it is simply another movie based in the world of Conan the Barbarian.

conan.jpg
=/=
conan11.jpg

This is horrible criticism. That picture was drawn by a fantasy artist, depicting a fantasy world. If you want a live action Conan movie that's actually good, you're not going to having someone who looks like that. Arnold may have looked like that drawing, but I think we can all agree that he's a horrible actor and barely understandable.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
This is horrible criticism. That picture was drawn by a fantasy artist, depicting a fantasy world. If you want a live action Conan movie that's actually good, you're not going to having someone who looks like that.
I don't see how that's horrible criticism. Conan is a barbarian, he should look like an absolute brute. This is the same complaint I had when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine. He's just too damn pretty (though Hugh did pull the role off in the second Xmen). Even if a man does not exist who can get that kinda look, I think 300 proved that CGI can fill in whatever gaps need filling. And from the looks of this trailer, Conan may actually be having witty batter. Yeck!
Arnold may have looked like that drawing, but I think we can all agree that he's a horrible actor and barely understandable.
Haha of course. Which is why he had little to no dialogue in the original movie.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
believe it or not conan the cimmerian was actually an educated man. savage, but also smart.

i'm not sure i like the look of this new conan, but i'm willing to look past that if he better conveys howard's philosophies than ah-nold

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
So I just got back from watching this, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Despite my remarks about the actor not looking like Conan should, everything else in the movie is spot on.

The brutality, Conan's quick wit (in battle, his dialogue is often short and to the point, which is great), Ron Pearlman as his dad was great (and how his role ends is fuuuucckked up), random naked bitches, and there was hardly a single character that seemed flat. Even the main villain's thugs all had an easily recognizable appearance and personality. The story actually covered quite a large amount of material from the books to establish Conan's journey to get where he is, which also helps us understand him as a character. The action, above all, was extremely satisfying too. The final fight scene was a thing of beauty. And I loved how many of Conan's poses in this are taken straight from Frank Frezetta's illustrations.

My only nitpicky complaints are that Conan never mentions Crom (the god he worships in the book, while in the movie he's more of an atheist), though his dad does so at least that acknowledged him, and some of the fights make the people look like they're just walking sacks of blood that will bleed out if you so much as poke them. Sooooo much blood...though that's also an aspect I love about it, because god there's some brutal kills in this.

Very successful as far as summer action flicks go, and I'd love to see a sequel. Conan the Conqueror plz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back