• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Complications With My Mom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardman

I need advice...

I'm 17, growing more independent everyday, growing up, kind of kid, so take that into account.

The problem is, basically, me and my mom are not exactly "agreeable," to put iy kindly, I hate arguing with her, especially since when I do, it almost always leads to my unjust punishment. The thing is, I'm a debatable person, so sometimes, I'll voice my opinion at inappropriate times. But when her and I argue, I fear for the safety of my social life, so I usually concede (sp?), the problem is, she'll accuse me of being a smart-ass, and escalates the argument even further. Then when we do stop after I've already gotten grounded for a couple of days, she claims she has done nothing wrong, and won't admit to it, even after I point out both of our flaws in the conversation.

Thing is, shes a single mother, so I understand the amount of stress she has thrust upon her. I've already tried just completly not talking to her to avoid accidenty causing an argument. I dont know what to do. I need ways to deal with this.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
this happens with pretty much every kid who's in that growing up phase. most mothers aren't comfortable with letting their children go and I'd imagine it's probably even harder for a single mother. I know it's not fun to deal with most of the time because

1. Who likes arguing with their mom all the time
2. Who doesn't want some freedom

but idk just try to be patient and understanding. it's frustrating for sure but honestly if you just think things through before you say them, you and your mother will hopefully have a much healthier relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back