• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

COMPLETED: Europeans getting Kingdom Hearts 2 on March 28, here's how!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Watcher

Sorry to bother you however I just noticed to converting link you have is PAL to NTSC, but don't we need a NTSC to PAL patch thing in order to convert it? Can you please send a link to a NTSC to PAL converter patch

emojunkie1612

^^ i think its pretty much the same as converting PAL to NTSC just like. the other way round.

im using swap magic to get mine ... the game doesnt get shipped till April 4th though.

Im just gonna back it up and see if it works... if it dont ill convert it simple as :)

wtfolyf thanks ALOT for your guide.. i got everything i need now thanks to you ... except the game but i preordered it ;)
thanks again

Last edited:

Galoop

hey guys i live in the uk and i have got the full sytem i got my ps2 chipped btw dont get ur slimline one chipped since it only works two dayz anyway get ur blok ps2 chipped then get a NTSC Converter for about 11 quid on ebay so your total will bhe about 40 quid by now then get ur ps2 chipped is 50 so all that is up to £90 plug in ur converter set it into RGB then off you go i have recently bought Final Fantasy X-2 and it works perfectly u dont need to get all this crap that WTF says jus do tht PAL PS2 OWNERS!

Yanos_Darkspawn

emojunkie1612 said:
Will the quality be good on the game if im converting it and using Swap Magic ?

The quality is good, but a black band of 1/4 of the size of the screen apeears at the bottom of the screen, so the game will look a bit deformed, like a panoramic version on a normal tv

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Yeah...but you forgot the easiest way....

Buy an NA T.V.
Buy a PS2
Buy/Preorder KH2
Sure,it'll cost you like 200 - 300 dollars,but the upside is you can play it without all that fancy crap :p
There.Oh,and I live in NA,so no worries for me :p

Yanos_Darkspawn

emojunkie1612 said:
^^ is there any way of getting rid of that?
is it because the image isnt centralled?

No there is no way if you're using a patched version and it doesnt have anything to do with the image centrated or not. That's the reason why they dont release a game directly in US and Europe(apart from translations), because when you patch the game at home, you are doing a bad conversion from the ntsc one. To do a good conversion, you must rewrite the entire code of the game, and that takes time and effort(and must be done by profesionals). That's why some games come with a bad conversion and lose speed(like FF X) or screen resolution(like RE:4).
But, if you have a tv compatible with ntsc system or a special cable to rewrite the signal, you could play the US version without patching it. Or play it in black and white.

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
uh what is the point? when it is easier to wait for it, atleast that way we don't have to spend like $150 on it and just £39.99 instead, sop yer this is sooo overrated, i mean what is the point? and some TV's in the UK are already NTSC compatible, like my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back