• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

COMPLETED: Europeans getting Kingdom Hearts 2 on March 28, here's how!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtholyf

Before you read this I need to make a very important note. Swap Magic, slide tool, flip top, and mod chip only can NOT run the english NTSC kingdom hearts 2 alone, you need to convert the game into PAL first. The main problem when importing the english Kingdom Hearts 2, is the fact that it is in NTSC. Your playstations are in PAL format and even if you use a chip or swap magic, your biggest problem is your tv which is in PAL. The only way you get the import to work is by coverting the game to ntsc to pal and using the following directions. For more information on why you must do this pm me. Also very important, Swap Magic's function is not to play backup games, but to simply skip the protection. In every ps2 game which is checked when the game is first booted. Swap Magic is a simple program that tricks the ps2 into not having to read the protection, since the ps2 only reads protection when a game is auto booted, if you use Swap Magic it will only check for Swap Magic's copyright protection, once Swap Magic is booted, without reseting your ps2, you use the boot menu and boot up your backup causing the ps2 to be tricked. This is all Swap Magic really does.

WITHOUT FURTHERADO HERE IS THE GUIDE

1. Buy Magic Slide kit (this entail the Magic and Swap Magic best combo ever! buy here 620 in stock) $30
2. Buy the US kingdom hearts 2 (I suggest ebay or preorder here (fast shippin) $50-$55
3. If you don't have any blank DVD-Rs buy some (in the store or ebay it here. 50pack-$18
4. Download DVD Decryptor (a free program for making backups get it here) $0
5. Go to google look up instructions on backing up Ps2 games (or click here, note: you'll need to scroll down some to find what you need: . $0
6. Make Back up (self explanortory). $0
7. Put Backup into Computer and orignal game disc in box (look up). $0
8. Go to google look up instructions converting a NTSC game to PAL (type in "NTSC to PAL") or click here $0
9. Once converted take game out and enjoy your Kh2 game which should work great. $0

If you have kit and game and the DVD-Rs Subtotal: $0
if you only have the game and kit but no DVD-Rs Subtotal: $18
If you only have the game and DVD-R's Subtotal: $30
If you only have the game, but no DVD-Rs or kit Subtotal: $48
If you only have the kit and DVD-R's Subtotal: $50-55
If you only have the kit then Subtotal: $68
***** Most common If you only have the DVD-Rs Subtotal: $80-85
If you have nothing then Subtotal: $98-$103

Last edited:

wtholyf

That's cool, I've just heard people say they will die if they don't have it and are willing to pay up $150 for it

wtholyf

Sigh Wrath of Roxas that will not work. If you are in europe you have a PAL tv. Swap magic might be able to run the game, however your tv will not display the game correctly, the game will not only be in black and white, it will also have a screen thats flips around and spazzes out constantly, im afraid your 1 step method will not work. The game is in NTSC the TV is in PAL, put two and two togather and you will see it will not work.

Deathspank

Holy is right. I tried explaining this to you Europeans earlier, but meh. The game is in NTSC format, meant to run on NTSC Playstations and televisions. In order to get it working properly, you'll have to use that method. And, there's also no guarentee that after the conversion the game will still display properly. It just boosts your chances. It's really better to just wait for the game to come out in your own country...you're not really going to miss much. As usual, I'm going to be capping all the cutscenes and boss fights. Anyway, unless you have 60 bucks that you don't mind wasting possibly, just wait.

P.S.
I remember trying to play a PAL game on my NTSC PS2 and oh man...I am never trying to play a foreign game not meant to be on that system ever again. Everything was in black and white and completely out of focus. You couldn't even see the screen...The only thing that was clear was the audio.

P

PeaJay18

wtholyf said:
If you are in europe you have a PAL tv. Swap magic might be able to run the game, however your tv will not display the game correctly, the game will not only be in black and white, it will also have a screen thats flips around and spazzes out constantly, im afraid your 1 step method will not work. The game is in NTSC the TV is in PAL, put two and two togather and you will see it will not work.

Sort of true, but there are 2 things you need to take into account when playing imported US games with Swapmagic - newer versions of Swapmagic include the option to choose between the output mode PAL or NTSC, and secondly, most TVs in Europe are capable of displaying a NTSC picture. If your TV has a Scart socket and your PS2 is connected directly to the TV's Scart socket there's a 99% chance you'll get a full colour NTSC picture.

Although wtholyf's method will work for PAL version, it's just not necessary in the majority of cases...

k_shadows

As far as I'm aware, PeaJay is right, and even if you don't have a PAL TV with NTSC playback (which most TVs, especially new ones, do - mine does), there are other options. Some people have mentioned connecting to the TV via an RGB cable (I've not tried this so I don't know if that works). I know people who use Swap Magic to play all their imports and they've never had any trouble with the PAL/NTSC thing. They just use the swap magic discs and it all plays fine.

And for those who keep saying that it's better for the Europeans to just sit back and wait for KH2 to come out - playing imports is not as complicated as some people seem to think, and if you have a mod chip then it's easy as pie, I think, and also, you can import games for the same price as you'd pay in the shops when they come out here. So you're paying the same price, to play it months earlier. For example, I'm guessing KH2 will be £40 in shops in UK when it comes out, £30 online. From looking at different import sites, it costs about £30-40(personally, I've paid £32 inc. shipping) to import it to the UK. So, in some ways, it seems silly to wait. :)

wtholyf

It is true that you can use an RGB cable to get a full picture but another problem that will be there is that the screen will still be spazzy and impossible to see anything. I know there are ways of converting your tv from PAL to NTSC. One way for example is buying a box, which channels out NTSC and PAL signals, thus enabling you to use both signals when you wish. Another way however (if you want a new tv) is look for a tv that supports both signals, those do exist but you usually see them online only. Now then it is true that you can choose PAL or NTSC at the load up screen, HOWEVER this is only due for the fact that the NTSC Swap Magic company took in account being able to run all back ups, and assumed importers would need to use this as well. Also the reason many importers who play the japaneese versions get there games to run on there PAL or NTSC ps2/tv. Is because unlike any other country, Japan uses both PAL and NTSC, Infact in stores you mostly see the NTSC japaneese versions, however the PAL versions of the games are always developed first. And when you import, based on your location, the company knows which version to send you. Lastly the site that has the guide to switch NTSC to PAL and visa versa, will soon offer Kingdom Hearts 2 to you torrenters. Yes they are multiple ways to deal with your tv, I just thought this is the simplest/cheapest way, because tv signals are quite a hassle.

Hujju

I live in sweden in europe and i actually bought a ntsc playstation 2 just to be able to play KH2.:)

wtholyf

Ntsc Ps2 will have the game run but if your TV doesn't accept NTSC signals then your game will be in Black and White and the screen will be Spazzy.

zora keyblade

umm a site says that : swap magic and the slide tools can change ur colour system so i guess ur wrong and i have already tried with grandia 3 from the us to my tv is ok and the newest tv,s can change it on the tv by itself so dont worry :)

wtholyf

Lol Zora I'm afraid you are wrong. Programs can't change tv signals, only a signal can change a signal, if something is set by frequency no wave can change it, this is mere physics my friend i suggest you study more. Swap Magic can't change the signal of a tv. Hoiwever yes there are new tvs that have both signals built in, however not everyone is rich and has recently bought a tv. Your Grandia 3 worked because of your tv and/or it was converted to PAL when you were importing (because the PAL version was already out they could send you ti based on your location, read my first post entirely). Sorry man you are WAY off.

zora keyblade

no im not dude it also stands in that thread on the other forum that swap magic is an easier way and the grandia 3 game was from the us and i got an old tv and i just used swap magic and it worked loooooooooooooooooooooooooool :D

Yanos_Darkspawn

I have swap magic and just downloaded shining force neo. I tried to put Swap Magic on ntcs but it remained black and white. But I soon as I patched it to pal, it worked fine(it loses a bit of quality because a black band appear at the bottom of the screen)

wtholyf

Thank you Yanos for proving that and I hope (if you used my guide) my guide helped you. You see Zora swap magic alone wont work unless the game is black and white. Btw lol did you just argue with one of the laws of physics Zora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back