• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comparing CoM and Re:CoM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Besides the obvious being a full PS2 remake, what are some things you like better about Re:CoM? What are some things you like better about the original CoM?

What I liked better about in CoM is that the first fight against Marluxia was a lot more of a challenge. He was fast and attacked you a lot. In Re:CoM it seemed really dumbed down. His attacks were really strong, but he wouldnt attack much, and he'd move really really slow, so it was pretty easy to beat him. I was really disappointed about that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I liked how it was a bit easier to attack in Re:CoM.

Thought the one camera angle in CoM was better. I dunno, just didn't like how the cutscenes in Re:CoM was done.
Also, for both of them, if Sora was a little less angsty, that would have been great.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You keep your Mickey cards during the final fight with Repliku so you can heal in Re:CoM, but you can't in CoM

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The poor lip-syncing in Re:CoM kills it for me.

vtabbers

My biggest complaint is the changing of that one stinking line. When Axel sends of Namine in CoM, he says
"All the actors are in place... now give me one hell of a show."
And I always thought that was so perfect for him, because it kind of defines him as a villain... more or less playing by his own rules and watching everyone else crash and burn.

But no, in Re;CoM it was toned down.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
My biggest complaint is the changing of that one stinking line. When Axel sends of Namine in CoM, he says
And I always thought that was so perfect for him, because it kind of defines him as a villain... more or less playing by his own rules and watching everyone else crash and burn.

Yeah... yeah. I think that's the only thing I don't like about Re:CoM. That was my favorite line from the game, and one of my favorite scenes in the franchise. So it was a little disappointing to see it changed, especially when the rest of the dialogue is essentially verbatim.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Not in the GBA version, silly
Yeah, there were no voices in the gba version so I imagined his and young Soras voices too. I just thought you were talking about RECOM and doing so literally.

yes, it defined him as a villain. The line change I could do without but his realization about enjoying himself hinted at something deeper, and that I liked.

Monkey D. Rocky

I agree, that line really made me choose Lea (Axel) as one of my favorite characters in anything. But I kinda felt that COM was a lot harder than RECOM. I played COM when I was really little so maybe since I wasn't that smart I didn't do well in the game. Also, I like to hear characters speak, that's why I like anime over manga. So obviously, I liked RECOM more.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm kind of nostalgic towards the original CoM to be honest. The chiptune music, well-done sprites, and lack of voice-acting really made the experience distinct from future KH games. The poor lip-syncing in CoM as well as not-so-good VA just doesn't do it for me.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I like remakes a lot, the obvious factor for me being the graphics update and cinematic just being a lot more friendly with the eyes. However, I don't know, I loved COM on the gameboy because some of the effects were cool and like I said, I'm a sucker for eye candy.

LeFreak

I'm kind of nostalgic towards the original CoM to be honest. The chiptune music, well-done sprites, and lack of voice-acting really made the experience distinct from future KH games. The poor lip-syncing in CoM as well as not-so-good VA just doesn't do it for me.

I feel the same way, especially since CoM was the first KH game I ever played.

Awards
In the Remake I loved when Axel kills Vexen and Sora's like "WTF IS GOING ON?"
Also the pimp slap that Larxene gives Namine XD

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think I prefer the original CoM. I found Re:CoM to be a cakewalk, which was not the case for CoM. I also have fond memories of my GBC and my GBA days so the sprite art resonates with me more.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It's hard for me to say which one is better. While Re:CoM is 3d and not 2d and has voice acting I like the look of the original plus I can still remember seeing the commercials for CoM on tv (which were the first commercials for KH I saw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back