• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comparing 1.5 info to 2.5 info?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

On January 25th of 2013, the box art for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix was revealed, along with other bits of news. While this fact got me all kinds of excited for a potential 2.5 box art reveal in the near future (3-ish days!), I realized that 2.5 hasn't been following the same schedule as 1.5 did before it.

-The 1.5 collection was revealed at TGS 2012, while 2.5 was announced at D23 in October of 2013.
-The release date of 1.5 was revealed at the Jump Festa of 2012, we STILL don't know the release window of 2.5, already deep into January of the new year.
-After it was announced, 1.5 was the only KH game in the spotlight, while 2.5 "technically" has to share the attention with KH3.
-No doubt 2.5 has more content than 1.5, but it has also been stated that 2.5 has been easier to develop.

With all of these factors in mind, do you think we'll get the cover art soon, or do you think we'll have to wait for a rough release date first?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It is reasonable to think that Square Enix might wait exactly a year after 1.5's release in Japan before releasing 2.5 or even announcing it. Perhaps they will announce a release date a month or two before 1.5 "anniversary" and release it the same day 1.5 did or a month after.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
This news draught concerning the game is kinda weird. With 1,5 we had 3 extra interviews between now and December.

Hopefully we'll get some serious news in March or earlier, near the PS4 launch in Japan

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This news draught concerning the game is kinda weird. With 1,5 we had 3 extra interviews between now and December.

Hopefully we'll get some serious news in March or earlier, near the PS4 launch in Japan
Mr. Nomura promised us that he would try to release a Kingdom Hearts game on a yearly basis, so we his word to trust. If not, then let us occupy ourselves with other games from the same or different genre, or even watch movies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It is odd how little we know, but the game was announced later than 1.5 so I assume it either started development later or they're just swamped with more to do! Which is understandable! The good news is that it's going by smoother so that's good.

Hm. Maybe they're hoping for a closer release between the localized and the Japanese releases.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hoho, restless, are we? Probably they want to make it one big blast for all of us by revealing the release dates of both versions and showing footage from the near-completed product? That way they can focus on polishing the game for now and not be distracted. 2014 is still a long year to go, after all.

Anyway, the exact moment the release date is announced, I'm probably going to pre-order the LE from my local game store. I have to get my hands on it come what may.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Agreed. If we're getting any news, it will be in conjunction with news on III and Final Fantasy XV.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I thought Hashimoto only said something about "waiting a little longer" for further information about KH3 and FFXV. Needless to say, it triggered some uproar from a few of our members here, going as far as saying that if there wasn't anything good to share, might as well not have made an appearance.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought Hashimoto only said something about "waiting a little longer" for further information about KH3 and FFXV. Needless to say, it triggered some uproar from a few of our members here, going as far as saying that if there wasn't anything good to share, might as well not have made an appearance.

Translation error? Seems specific though...

It’s worth mentioning that the expression used by Hashimoto-san can be translated both with “in the near future” and “in a few days.”

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I rarely say this abouta rerelease, but the wait is killing me. I need some news! Granted, these early months are often void of it, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back