• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Communication

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's commonly known that we're a species that likes to communicate with one another. In fact, it's probably one of the most important skills that we have. We've come a long way of finding ways to talk with one another, and there's so much to choose from that it's almost impossible to not have a way to talk to someone unless they're off the grid or not tech savvy with phones. I was curious what everyone's favorite way of communicating with friends and family happens to be. And why that is. [Questions are optional.]

What's your favorite way of talking to someone; Face to face, texting, over the phone, or other?

How often do you talk to your friends or family each day?

Do you like talking to others?

How often do you reply?

What app do you like to use the most for a form of communication?

-- My Answers --

What's your favorite way of talking to someone; Face to face, texting, over the phone, or other?

Texting or email.

I have trouble talking over the phone because, I can't do small talk at all. Even if it's relatives, I get nervous. I want to hang up as soon as possible. And sit downs with anyone other than my immediate family or my boyfriend tend to not go so well. It becomes extremely awkward, when I have little to say about myself. I always dread the 'how are you?' and the 'what have you been up to lately?' kind of questions. xD

I talk to my mom the most during the day and evening. Everyone else in my family I usually leave alone unless I want to know if they need something or if they're doing okay. I talk to my friends from time to time. Not every day. I got too many friends. lol.

Honestly it depends wholeheartedly on my mood. I could go days without talking to someone, but I also like having someone to talk to each day. Kind of 50/50. And I don't like talking to strangers whatsoever. I'll be polite and say hi during walks outside in my neighborhood, but I really don't want to be pulled into a conversation against my will. Which has happened twice. I just want to walk outside in peace! lol.

How often do you reply?

*laughs for an hour*

I'm really bad about replying to a majority of my messages unless it's something really important. I'll still read the contents of a message, then forget to reply a few days or months later. (Or in this case, I have messages presumably from last year.) Usually, I'll try to respond as quickly as I can but, a lot of the time it doesn't happen. Whereas on Messenger, Discord, Skype, or Email, I'm a lot better about it? Don't get me wrong, I do care about the people taking their time to talk to me, but it's hard to do that, when I'm distracted by a ton else.

I'm equally as bad about it on the phone. Usually my phone is dead 50% of the time or I don't carry my phone 85% of the time. It's a flip phone and I rarely use it.

Messenger, Skype, and Discord.

Last edited:

Peace

Awards
Hmmmmm. I don't really have a favored means of communicating. I feel it's easier for me to form responses via text because I try to make sure there's no room for misunderstanding as I try to do with my writing.

I don't talk to my family much anymore because I assume they're too busy with work and kids. I tend to talk to my friends more often. Especially since two of them come over to my place to either chill and/or play Terraria or D&D. With someone else on the latter over Discord. Or if I find something that someone I know would laugh at if I know enough about their interests, I'll message them.

It really depends on my mood. I usually tend to keep to myself.

How often do you reply?
I try to respond as quickly as possible. Though if someone tries to contact me in the morning, I won't hear it because I mute my phone when I come home from work.

I AM THE NIGHT!

I usually use Messenger on my phone if I'm friends with someone on Facebook. For my D&D crew, I use Discord.

(I might edit this later if I feel the need to add something.)

Awards
I love talking face to face, but I prefer texting. It allows me to choose what I want to say better, not feel as rushed for a response, and helps me from saying something I regret later(tho not always!) I try to talk to my family everyday, tho it's kinda rare that we get into a long discussion. I enjoy talking to others, but I think I enjoy listening more. I don't have quite as much to say as other people do. I try to respond immediately. I don't like waiting for an answer, so I don't put that on the other person. But sometimes I don't respond b/c I don't have time/busy. You know. And for the last one, whatever resting app my phone comes with. I don't really have a preference. Really, it's just the one I check the most.

ImVentus

Awards
What's your favourite way of talking to someone? R.I.P phone! ( I truly despise speaking in phone)
Texting can get old and boring rather quickly. Face to face can be fun at times but too much is too much. It depends on the situation and my overall mood.

How often do you talk to your friends or etc? To my friends ( that I can trust) I speak to a lot. The rest is not really my type of communication. I prefer to talk only when I have something valuable to say. Yet sometimes I prefer to just use body language. Where you don't haft to hear someone babble repeatedly, doing so.

Do you like talking to others? When it really matters or there's a real genuine conversation between peers.

How often do you reply? Whenever I feel the interest to do so.

What app do you like to use the most for a form of communication? Real life! (sarcastic) no, I'd go with Messenger.

Veevee

Awards

- It depends on the person. There are people I love to communicate directly with and there are people I love, but feel kinda awkward around, so I prefer a different way of communiction. I usually prefer face-to-face communication because I suck at reading people anyway and being able to look at their gestures and mimic makes it at least easier to guess what my communication partner wants. I hate talking over the phone, texting is fine. If I need to talk about something serious where I have to focus my mind on, I prefer to write a text and get another text as response because I get agitated easily and being able to take as much time as I want to write down my thoughts the exact way I want to express them without getting swayed by my current mood is really helpful.

- Depends on the day and people, to my dearest ones usually once.

- It's not that I dislike it in particular, but I usually feel awkward doing it so it's kinda so-so.

How often do you reply?

- Depends on the urgency of the message and the tasks at hand, between 1 minute and 1 week.

- SMS, Telegram, Whatsapp, E-Mail

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
I love hanging with family and friends, but these days are always so busy ya know? So now we pretty much communicate through text. It’s such a buzz kill texting. That’s how we really make plans to hang and whatnot. It used to be we’d just show up at each other’s houses ya know? Physically meet up before even talking prior. You know the simpler days.

Now ow most of my family’s moved out of New York, so it’s basically the same text and make plans to visit, or they like something on my Facebook. However, god forbid I miss a call from my mother that’s almost a sin to her!

I’m slowly starting to hate my phone, but if you don’t pick up the phone or answer a text people will think you’re actually dead or something has happened to you. It’s probably the ultimate of communication, unfortunately.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
Mostly texting. I am only comfortable with face to face when I'm talking to someone I know. I feel anxious when talking to someone I don't know especially on phone calls.
I talk to them everyday, I always talk to them about stuffs that I really need to share with them.
Depends. If that person is a complete stranger to me I'll be very awkward.
How often do you reply?
I reply quickly when it's important or when it's interesting.
Messenger.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

It's kind of hard to determine my favourite way of doing so, since my social ability appears to fluctuate at points in my life. Growing up, I was always a little quiet. My most social aspects were done online through Facebook, in all honesty. I think having the lack of comebacks silencing you might be why, since you can type a large amount of text and not have someone suddenly decide to jump in rudely. To this day, I still have friends who will be talking, and when I suddenly speak up, they get even louder and silence me as if I wasn't talking. But at the same time, when you're with friends and are part of the conversation? Face to Face all the way. I'd much rather be with people in person than online. You can't hug, you can't dance, you can't anything, unless you want to look like a weirdo to your ever nosy neighbours peeping through your windows.

In a work related environment, Phone Calls lose every time. I am bad with phones. I've worked with them solely and it's not been a good time. The wait for the ring, the bad signal, the lack of volume even though it's at max. I can't stand it. Working in retail, I realised I was pretty good at dealing with the public, so I'm actually relatively fond of it. My new job is E-Mail based solely, so I'm looking forward to that.

For friends, I keep in contact regularly. Family? It's a bit more difficult. I don't really communicate with them out of choice.

I love it. I honestly don't shut up often.

How often do you reply?

Pretty much instantaneously, unless I'm in work.

Messenger and Whatsapp are all I'll use.

PotatoSim:1

Beep. We prefers interacting in person; as an unsuspiciously ordinary human, we are best configured for communication more or less as in our environment of ancestral adaptation. After that is voice calls, then text, as long as we has a proper keyboard.
We spends as much time with our bestest friend as practical; we're both the sort of folks whom the average human might find smothering, so we live together and are legally married. That's at least every morning and every evening, when we both works different shifts, and at most almost constantly for an entire waking period of our sleep cycle. We talks with our sibling and other friends at varying frequencies, sometimes several times in a day, sometimes several weeks between messages.
That depends on the others. Most of the time, we do. That's because we avoid those whom we don't like talking to.
How often do you reply?
We tries to reply as often as peops talk to us, which varies by person and time.
For computerised communication, we prefers Telegram because it's got Android, Linux and Windows clients so we can access the same conversations from our smart pocketwatch and the monster machine, is super-easy for us to learn to use, and doesn't pester us about becoming anything moar than a messaging app. When we started using it, it did one thing and did it well. Nao, many updates later, we think it does soem other stuff too, but we dunno because so far it doesn't force us to make things any moar complicated than before. (We tried FB messenger the other year, but it kept wanting us to wrap our whole life around FB, and the Android app was misbehaving.)

Though we personally end up favouring in-person communication in our day-to-day life, we appreciate hao written language has been and continues to be instrumental in improving our lives and knowledge. Wethinks that our capacity for hot-air-meat-flapping telepathy makes the difference between being notably clever but mostly helpless naked pink apes and being unusually effective apex predators, but our capacity for imprinting telepathic messages into durable media which can be endlessly read, copied and modified long after the original thinker is gone, and recently also transmitted across the world effectively instantly and at negligible expense, makes the difference between being especially devious bipedal wolves with upgradeable claws and being a world-reshaping force which might plausibly spawn ior grow into something beyond even the potential capacity to imagine, let alone predict, of any of us alive today. Uh, written language also makes it easier to detect when we form run-on sentences. Boop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back