• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Command Style Attacks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Command Style attack’s return in KH3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Will command style attacks like Balloon, Seeker Mine, Thunder Surge, Prism Rain, etc. return in KH3 in some form? I personally loved the personality and customization these attacks added to the combat system. I know I would like to see them in the game although I don’t see how they could do it with the already diverse combat system they currently have displayed.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Most likely not. The Keyblade Transformations are basically the spiritual successor of Command Styles.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
These were just called Deck Commands in BBS, right? I know some of them could lead to certain styles activating but they weren't explicitly tied to them in any way, were they? "Command Style Attacks" makes me think of the form finishers and stuff.

Anyway, KH3 has these onerous transformations now, so I doubt we'll see most, if any, of these abilities appear. Flawed as it was, I'd definitely prefer the magical girl gimmick, personally. I agree that the opportunity for customization was nice. Maybe some of them will be brought back with Drive Forms like Second Form or something.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
You have situation commands. 0.2 is proof there won't be commands in KH3. If not the countless times we've seen the sub menu in KH 3.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You have situation commands. 0.2 is proof there won't be commands in KH3. If not the countless times we've seen the sub menu in KH 3.
I think (can't speak for Insomniac) that the question is whether or not these abilities will appear in some capacity again, not whether they'll be implemented as commands in a deck format.

For instance, some of them could return as magic spells, or as situation commands in and of themselves, or maybe certain summons use similar abilities when they attack. Not to say it's likely, but as a theoretical question, it's interesting. Meow Wow kind of reminds me of the Balloon commands from DDD.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I think (can't speak for Insomniac) that the question is whether or not these abilities will appear in some capacity again, not whether they'll be implemented as commands in a deck format.

For instance, some of them could return as magic spells, or as situation commands in and of themselves, or maybe certain summons use similar abilities when they attack. Not to say it's likely, but as a theoretical question, it's interesting. Meow Wow kind of reminds me of the Balloon commands from DDD.

Yes thank you that is exactly what I meant. I apologize if I wasn’t entirely clear, I sometimes have trouble putting my thoughts into coherent words lol.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
OOOH, Ok thanks for the clarification Alexis!

Yes, I think that some of those commands could reappear. I honestly think it would be really cool if the Dream Eater link had balloons in it somewhere since it was sort of a KH meme that it was so broken. Any style that copies someone else (like with Second form copying KH2/1 Sora) then we'd see some of those moves. Although, it does seem they're more interested in giving Sora new abilities and skills. Mega Flare could definitely show up as a Finisher of some kind, if there's a fire based keyblade.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Dude, if they put balloon in they had better fix the balance issues with it or we are going to all end up spamming balloons for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back