• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Comic Books & Graphic Novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Absolute or normal TPB?

My local Borders has the Absolute edition and I'm thinking of picking it up if can rustle up the money.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
The normal version, because I did not know of the existence of Absolute. Boy, did I kick myself hard for that afterwards.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Since I live in the crappiest country in teh word, I have absolutely not an amount of comics worthy of being called a collection. Comics that is ... from Marvel and DC ... God you can't even believe the shyte they print here.

Anyhoo,

I have a few Spider-man Classics, A few Superman Classics, Some random spidey and super comics, one batman issue, a few Flashes, one X-men comic ((derived from the X-men animated series))

and my pride and joy:

The translated Spider-man and X-men! God, The only comics they actually supply over here! Hallelulia ... I have them from when Spidey died by that Spider-man eater.
Though my issue of Spider-man classic where the original Hobgoblin returns and is unmasked comes close of being my favourite.

Just wish me luck when I go to perhaps the only Comic store ((SECOND HAND)) in flanders ... In July or august ... kill me

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The more I look at comics today, the more I see material made specifically for nerd-gasms, crossovers. I'm okay with the Justice League or something like that, since they were created to be part of that same "universe." I just see stuff that looks like something inspired by the playground discussions of who would win in a fight.

Also, I thought about getting 300 today, but noticed just how HUEG the thing is. It's like a road sign on the interstate.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Well yeah the latest crossover from DC is the JSA and the JLA. Which i might add has an amazing story so far. The Checkmate/Outsiders crossover is ok, since i dot read Checkmate (probally should for this arc)

I can only predict that Marvels new crossover tilte will be Jank as hell. The Transformers/New Avengers.

Very laughable. And yeah that 300 Graphic noval is Massive.

Just as Planned

Also, I thought about getting 300 today, but noticed just how HUEG the thing is. It's like a road sign on the interstate.
...Or you could spare the 30$ and rapidsearch it :^D

I've been considering Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." Also, as stupid as it sounds, I really want to pick up "Holy Terror, Batman."

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
...Or you could spare the 30$ and rapidsearch it :^D
Or you could put money into an industry that really needs it. They're not ripping you off like the music and movie companies.

I've been considering Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." Also, as stupid as it sounds, I really want to pick up "Holy Terror, Batman."
Frank Miller's 'Holy Terror, Batman'? The Batman vs. Osama book? It doesn't exist (There is another book by the same name, though). All-Star Batman and Robin #5 just came out this week. #4 came a year ago. Miller takes his time.

I can only predict that Marvels new crossover tilte will be Jank as hell. The Transformers/New Avengers.
Why Marvel would do such a thing is beyond me. And it's canon, too.

:eek: i had no idea new batman comics were out
lol forum searching hooo!!

im sorry but i dknt liek to shell out 5 bucks for paper i know its bad
$2.99USD is the price it costs for one comic book. That's not alot of money. The more people download comics instead of buying them means I have to pay more to compensate for that loss. And I already pay double the American price due to the dollar differance.
And who knows. That $2.99 could one day turn into $400.

Just as Planned

Frank Miller's 'Holy Terror, Batman'? The Batman vs. Osama book? It doesn't exist (There is another book by the same name, though). All-Star Batman and Robin #5 just came out this week. #4 came a year ago. Miller takes his time.
D:

D:

Well uh, Imma pick up either Dark Knight Returns or Green Lantern: Rebirth first, I suppose. What good Captain America miniseries are there?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I still haven't read DKR. I'm really hesitant mainly because of how Miller portrays some of the characters. But Rebirth is really good. It's a Hal Jordan, Ollie Queen and Kyle Rayner centric book.

EDIT: As for Cap, any trade of Ed Brubakers run is really good. I only know the name of the Winter Soldier arc, the story where Bucky comes back, but I've heard nothing but good things about the whole the series.

and that would make my heart explode :[
I think you missed the point. If YOU spend $2.99 on a single issue, one day that issue may well be worth $400.

Last edited:

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Sheeh I just noticed this thread.

Marvel:
Ultimate Spider-Man 1-106
Spider girl
The Amazing Spider-Man (The reboot version)
Spider-Man: Reign 1-4
Civil War 1-7
Captain America (1-5, 7,9,11-15,22,24)
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane (wasn't sure if I should inculde this since its manga form)
Ultimate X-Men
Marvel Zombies

DC
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Son of the Demon
Batman: Hush
Teen Titans (reboot version)
The Outsiders
Nightwing

Image comics
Spawn

Dark Horse
Sin City: The Hard Goodbye, The Big Fat Kill, Family Values
Star Wars: episodes I to VI
Star Wars: Union
Star Wars: Legacy

I have others but thats all I'm going to list. PM me if you want to know what else I have.:mellow:

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Jackpot! I've found some old comic books of my uncle. That's how I came across a Daredevil and Moonknight Superheroes comic, an Iron Man comic, a Fantastic Four Special and a Spider-man issue with Cobra and Mr. Hyde.

Woo ... hoo

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
What good Captain America miniseries are there?
If you want to get into Cap, get this. Once I figure out how much it costs, I'm going to order it.

http://au.comics.ign.com/articles/789/789755p1.html said:
US, May 18, 2007 - Over the past two years, Captain America fans have wondered why Ed Brubaker's stellar run has not received an oversized hardcover treatment. Premiere hardcovers and trade paperbacks have been released, but even in the wake of Cap's death, no noise was made.

Astute IGN Board members like Dief88 have an interesting hobby: they prowl online retailers for hidden gems. Once again snooping has paid off as an omnibus for Brubaker's first 25 issues has been discovered.

Here is how Amazon.com is describing the collection:

"Collecting Eisner Award-nominated Best Writer Ed Brubaker's first 25 landmark issues of Captain America in one titanic tome, plus the Captain America 65th Anniversary Special and Winter Soldier: Winter Kills one-shots! This deluxe hardcover, fat-packed with extras, features the story that stunned readers worldwide and sent shockwaves through the entire Marvel Universe: the death of Captain America! Also including the return of Cap's wartime partner, Bucky Barnes, as the Winter Soldier; the death and life of his greatest enemy, the Red Skull; and the emergences of a new threat, General Aleksander Lukin, the head of one of the most powerful corporations in the world! Collecting Captain America #1-25, Captain America 65th Anniversary Special and Winter Soldier: Winter Kills. Hardcover. 688 pages."

Amazon lists a release date of September 19, 2007. No price is provided, but typical Marvel Omnibus books have ranged from $74.99 to $99.99. We're thinking this might lean towards the $74.99 price point as the $99.99 offerings tend to include up to 400 more pages (Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus). Stay tuned to IGN (or Amazon?) for more details.

Just as Planned

If you want to get into Cap, get this. Once I figure out how much it costs, I'm going to order it.
Oh golly

Amazon lists a release date of September 19, 2007. No price is provided, but typical Marvel Omnibus books have ranged from $74.99 to $99.99. We're thinking this might lean towards the $74.99 price point as the $99.99 offerings tend to include up to 400 more pages (Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus).
D:

Is this in Australian currency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back