• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Comic Books & Graphic Novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Ultimte Wolverine VS Hulk (waiting for #3)
Yeah. You keep waiting for it. I don't see that coming out for a long time.

Bought Green Lantern: Rebirth, Batman: Year One and Batman: Hush vol.1.
Would have gotten 300 but it's sold out as far as I've heard. =(

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Cant seem to sell Them

My shop ordereed 4 copies of the Frank miller GN but iv only been ably to sell the one. I thought it would have sold out.

Like 2 weeks ago Marvel posted that Wolverine Vs Hulk would come out in May, But it has yet to be shown in Previews. It'll never see the light of day

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
i remember my local comic shop sold out of everything Frank Miller the week 300 came out. it was insane. its was so bad that almost half the Frank miller stuff was just stolen. its was epic. people running in all different directions with comics under their arms.

i got my hands of some rare Hellblazer comics online the other day. number 5-10. sweet.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I feel sorry for the people who bought All-Star Batman and Robin. Frank Miller stuff isn't always good. Right now, I'm hesitant to buy Dark Knight Returns. I just know I won't like how Miller writes Superman and I've been told his Green Arrow is a bit of a d*ck. :(

Right now I'm looking to get some Green Arrow trades. Particularly Longbow Hunters, Quiver and Archer's Quest. But right now I need to get For Tomorrow vol.2 and Hush vol.2.
For Tomorrow is definately my favourite Superman story (as well as Birthright).

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
I feel sorry for the people who bought All-Star Batman and Robin. Frank Miller stuff isn't always good. Right now, I'm hesitant to buy Dark Knight Returns. I just know I won't like how Miller writes Superman and I've been told his Green Arrow is a bit of a d*ck. :(

Right now I'm looking to get some Green Arrow trades. Particularly Longbow Hunters, Quiver and Archer's Quest. But right now I need to get For Tomorrow vol.2 and Hush vol.2.
For Tomorrow is definately my favourite Superman story (as well as Birthright).

Dark Knight Returns is really good. the artwork is a little meh for me. but the story is great.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
The only FULL collection I own is Civil War, however, I do tend to attempt to read many different series at the same time.

Some series that I'm really into at the moment include:
-Civil War
-Invincible Iron Man
-Avengers: Initiative
-Omega Flight
-Dr. Strange: The Oath
-Thor: Eternals Saga

I'm also still waiting for Silver Surfer: Requiem to come out this may.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I met Marv Wolfman and Alex Maleev. I have photos and will be posting them soon.
Had Maleev sign a Daredevil: Underboss trade and Wolfman sign a Crisis on Infinite Earths trade for the comic shop I work for. No DCU secrets though. =( Wolfman knows the end of 52 but won't tell and knows what the deal of Countdown is, but doesn't know the ending.

Also bought 300 and two Heroclix DC Origins boosters.
I love Supanova. xD

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Marvel

Halo Graphic Novel; (It's HALO, come on)

Ultimate Spider-Man; (Probably THE Spider-Man book for me, next to The Amazing Spider-Man. USM is a fantastic book, month after month. I have every issue to date, including variants, and I've subsribed to the comic for two years now, no more worrying about picking it up. A shame to see Bagley leaving)

Runaways; (Been following this since it began, still collecting)

Civil War; (Instead of listing everything, I'll just say this, I followed Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four during Civil War. Along with the main series. This is a fantastic collection)

The Ultimates; (Yeah, I have EVERY issue, and I'm still waiting for it to wrap up. lol)

Ultimate Marvel Team Up; (To flesh out my USM collection, bought all of these)

Ultimate X-Men: Return Of The King TPB (Great, hate UXM, but a fine read)

Ultimate X-Men: Blockbuster TPB (This should be obvious. CROSSOVER with USM, had to have it)

Spider-Man: Birth Of Venom (From the Secret Wars, to when Venom latched with Eddie Brock, I have every issue detailing the black suit in the 616 Universe)

Spider-Man 2 Graphic Novel

The Amazing Spider-Man Issue 50, (When Peter decides "Spider-Man No More")

Dark Horse

The Ongoing Star Wars Series (From Star Wars, to when it became Star Wars: Republic, and now it's Star Wars: The Dark Times, I have EVERY issue and still collecting)

Star Wars Tales (Every issue until it finished)

Star Wars: Empire (Every Issue)

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (Every issue, still collecting)

Star Wars: Legacy (Every Issue, still collecting)

Star Wars: Jedi (A limited series, I have the entire Jedi collection)

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace TPB

Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones TPB

Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith TPB

Star Wars: Infinities (I have the entire OT Infinities collection, love the white armor Darth Vader!)

Star Wars: Jedi Council Acts Of War TPB

Star Wars: Obi-Wan (TPM from Obi-Wan's POV)

Star Wars: Anakin

Star Wars: The Stark Hyperspace War TPB

Star Wars: Jedi Quest TPB

Star Wars Jango Fett: Open Seasons TPB

DC Comics

Batman- Hush (I have the hardcover collection for this, great book. Jim Lee outdid himself with the art. And Loeb crafted a spectacular story. After the end was taken out of continuity, I gave up on DC)

Batman- The Long Halloween (Again, a great TPB, loved this story, it had so many epic events)

Robin- One Year Later TPB

The Death Of Superman TPB; (What can I say? Best. Superman. Story. Ever.)

Batman Annual- (The one in which it reveals how Jason Todd returned. Great story)

Teen Titans Go! (The comic based off my FAVORITE animated series)

Batman Adventures (Based off the Justice League Animated Batman, have all the issues)

Batman: Gotham Adventures (Again, based off the New Batman Adventures, I followed every issue)

The Return Of Superman; (Yeah, to pu it basically; I have the World Without A Superman and The Return Of Superman Collection)

Dreamwave

Transformers- The War Within TPB

Transformers War Within- The Dark Ages TPB

Transformers- War & Peace TPB

Beast Wars: The Gathering TPB

Transformers: Generation 1, Volume 1 TPB

The Beast Wars Prequel

Transformers Armada, Volume 1, TPB

Transformers: Energon, Volume 1, TPB

---------------------

I have more, but I have to leave.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
DC Comics

Batman- Hush (I have the hardcover collection for this, great book. Jim Lee outdid himself with the art. And Loeb crafted a spectacular story. After the end was taken out of continuity, I gave up on DC)

Batman- The Long Halloween (Again, a great TPB, loved this story, it had so many epic events)

Robin- One Year Later TPB

The Death Of Superman TPB; (What can I say? Best. Superman. Story. Ever.)

Batman Annual- (The one in which it reveals how Jason Todd returned. Great story)

Teen Titans Go! (The comic based off my FAVORITE animated series)

Batman Adventures (Based off the Justice League Animated Batman, have all the issues)

Batman: Gotham Adventures (Again, based off the New Batman Adventures, I followed every issue)

The Return Of Superman; (Yeah, to pu it basically; I have the World Without A Superman and The Return Of Superman Collection)
Judging from this, you can't give up on something that you haven't gotten into. The only in-continuity stories you own are in TPB's. Where are your proper, non-Johnny DC, on-going titles?

Spawn is rather two-dimensional. It was all right to begin with, but it became clear that it went right down the shitter when they introduced a killer cybernetic gorilla.
And people rip on Superman for wearing his underwear on the outside.

If anyone is interested in compiling a complete collection of their comics that also has a way of keeping it up to date - Welcome to ComicCollectorLive.com has this free program you can download once you register that has quite an extensive list on indvidual books and trades.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I said that wasn't all of them. I forgot about this topic, lol. Let's see, I own all of Identity Crisis. I've been collecting the JSA, which is about the only fantastic book DC has besides Detective Comics. I was reading the new JLA, but that's just pathetic now, JSA is so much better.

Then there's Nightwing, which I was collecting, but that just sucked beyond belief. Add that to the numerous other titles that are so often delayed, and the little implications continuity makes on this company, I just don't care about the overall sense of the Universe. I even follow World War 3, but they could jerk that out just the same.

DC has repeatedly removed things from ever happening, and that just ruins a book for me. I don't follow an entire arc to see it removed, or never mentioned again in continuity. I have followed DC for some time, but their books just aren't good. I'd rather spend my money on something that's actually worth 2.99

But I do collect Fables, now that's a GREAT book.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Ok so The New Previews came out this past week. I was bored as hell at work so i was browsing though the Marvel Previews. So BAD

Captain America Meets Optimus Prime in: The Avengers/Transformers
And there Bringing Back Thor, I have to say that the interior art for thatComic is just horrible.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Ok so The New Previews came out this past week. I was bored as hell at work so i was browsing though the Marvel Previews. So BAD

Captain America Meets Optimus Prime in: The Avengers/Transformers
And there Bringing Back Thor, I have to say that the interior art for thatComic is just horrible.

Captain America is dead D=

Im in love with beast wars right now. Loved the show, loving the comics.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Except for the TRANSFORMERS crossover, that takes place before Civil War, and will actually fit into continuity in the Marvel Universe aswell as IDW's Transformers universe.

Just as Planned

So uh, I recently uncovered my long lost love for DC comic books right?

So I read Superman: Red Son and Kingdom Come over the weekend; and suddenly, I feel the need to purchase myself a Green Lantern shirt.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Comic book continuity is a myth.
It exists in periods. It's all up to the Editor's-In-Chief and where they want to take the universe. If a new story contradicts and old one, the old one will be retconned out. DC has a pretty easy issue with continuity now since they brought back the multiverse.

So uh, I recently uncovered my long lost love for DC comic books right?

So I read Superman: Red Son and Kingdom Come over the weekend; and suddenly, I feel the need to purchase myself a Green Lantern shirt.
=D Good choices. Just don't read The Kingdom unless you really want to. DC has some really great characters, contrary to popular belief and some really great stories. Might I suggest Green Lantern: Rebirth, Identity Crisis and Superman: Birthright if you want to try more?
I bought an Aquaman shirt the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back