• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Come January 29th, how many of you will keep KHUX on your device?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts series is one that is very plot and lore heavy. Us fans take in whatever wild and out there plot that is provided for us and we use the downtime inbetween news to theorise about what is happening with the story.

As evident with the latest JP update, there’s some heavy stuff coming into KHUX in the near future. It explains a few things about previous games and situations while teasing important things for Kingdom Hearts 3. The problem, and anyone who knows me will already have guessed where this is going, is the story is months behind in the Global version of the game.

Despite being 40 quests apart, there are months between when the story will launch in JP and when it will finally be in Global. Right now, this latest quest is coming to Global a few months after Kingdom Hearts 3 launches.

On January 29th, we will all be able to redeem the code for the Starlight Keyblade and since the story will be in the re-tread / catching up with your friends filler story, I wonder how many of you will keep the game or if you will drop it since SENA aren’t servicing the fans in the areas that they want.

Personally, all I wanted from KHUX was story. Everything else is bogged down with needing to spend thousands to get a medal that will be outdated within a week. Since the story isn’t looking like it will be up to date in the global version, it’s easy enough for me to enjoy the translations done by Goldpanner and just delete the application off my iPad.

What about you? Will you continue on and play through events, the coliseum, Union Cross, and PvP or will redeeming the Keyblade for KH3 be the last act you will do before deleting the game, as it renders KHUX unimportant to the people who want story and everything for KH3.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I mean, if we get more interesting story updates like this past Maleficent update, then yes. Also, the event quests have been fun, albeit I'm quite limited to beating most.

I think it's obvious to keep the game until you at least redeem it for the Starlight Keyblade.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean, if we get more interesting story updates like this past Maleficent update, then yes. Also, the event quests have been fun, albeit I'm quite limited to beating most.

I think it's obvious to keep the game until you at least redeem it for the Starlight Keyblade.
Well, I mean the Maleficent update was only for Japan. Global isn’t getting it until much later so at that point one has to ask “why am I keeping this around?”

I should have specified this topic is about keeping the Global version of the game, not the Japanese version.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I guess if I haven't deleted it over this past year of drought I won't when we are about to get something actually substantial again, even though its something I will likely have already read. I guess I don't even do Story Updates anymore, just Proud Mode to get Keyblades.

Also, I guess with the Starlight and the get yourself in KH3 campaign, I am not convinced they won't continue to do promotions I would like to be a part of. Dunno how seriously I will be playing the game though, probably about how I do now, which is barely play for like a month or two, and then play a bit more for a while till I start to stagnate again and barely play till a good deal actually comes around.

Edit: If the story literally ends I would probably feel a bit different. But with how their "big story update" was still 5 quests, I am guessing even this current plot will drag on beyond KH3.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ll probably drop it and watch translations. I’m engaged in UX for the story while the gameplay itself is essentially just a time killer until KH3. Once I have that, I really don’t think I’ll be able compelled to actually play UX anymore.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I'll be keeping it and playing it. Why not? Play it when you want, and don't play it if you're doing something else. Since I don't have it on my phone, but on my iPad, no reason to delete it until they pull the plug on it. I just won't be spending cash on it, and not real concerned about being super competitive.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah I'll keep it, and keep playing it, until service ends. After Jan 29th I'll probably stop following the Japanese version so that when story updates come to the ENG they'll actually feel new for once. But yeah since the story will likely continue past KH3, i'll keep playing it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I re-downloaded it for the Classic Kingdom / Starlight Keyblade, but it'll probably only be a matter of time before I re-delete it again. This go-around, I have only been lightly scratching away at the remaining portions of the (filler) main storyline.

When I first got it, I think I was expecting something more. I didn't quite get to connect with my friends on a level that I'd anticipated from being in a party with them. By the time Union Cross rolled out, that was more along the lines of the teamwork/collaboration level I'd been looking forward to in a KH game, but it was a little too late. I don't like the model of the game. I've played/spent embarrassing amounts of time/money on it.

I'm honestly ready for it to be over. It was a huge relief when I first deleted it, and now I don't feel a competitive desire at all for these mere trinkets. I'd be okay with a repackaged version, some kind of a Re: X [chi] that came packaged with just the story and other frills, maybe online connectivity with which to invite friends along on missions.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I haven’t deleted it yet. I’ll probably just leave it sitting on my phone untouched like right now.

From somebody who played the game as a hardcore player and Kingdom Hearts supporter, delete it. It's the best decision that I've ever made.

Square Enix North America couldn't care less about parity. They're trying to maximise profits by delaying story quests. Delete the app until Square Enix Global gets the message as to why we stuck with this application in the first place.

sephydark

Awards
I'll keep playing it. I like it as a chill game I can play when I only have a few minutes, that happens to be KH themed. I don't really spend money or worry too much about content I can't do, so the game's never caused any problems for me. I'll probably only drop it if I find I don't have time for it anymore.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I'll keep playing it. I like it as a chill game I can play when I only have a few minutes, that happens to be KH themed. I don't really spend money or worry too much about content I can't do, so the game's never caused any problems for me. I'll probably only drop it if I find I don't have time for it anymore.

I used to be competitive, although never a whale, or even a dolphin, but I did do lots of VIP and wanted to compete. When I realized that you really couldn't be super competitive unless you either put tons of money in the game, or were super, super lucky with pulls (of which I fit neither category), you are just spinning your wheels and throwing good money away. So, I'm just F2P now, and do what I can. I don't sit and play the game furiously for hours. So that's why I will be keeping it and playing it until they decide to end it. Just enjoy it if you want. If you want more competition for your dollars, mobile games in general are not the place to expect it. They are all money pits.

Awards
I started late because I didn't know it existed until February of this year, so I'm paying money to 'catch up', but I think I'm at a point now where I'm ok with not getting the newest big thing.

That and I'm salty that I tried pulling that supernova medal 14 times with no results but hey....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back