CoM/Re:CoM: Arranging Deck around Sleights. Cheap or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is MY personal opinion, but I think that arranging your entire deck for sleights is a really cheap way of playing the game. Ordering a FEW cards for specific sleights is understandable, but not the ENTIRE deck. It makes the game way too easy and less of a challenge. I watch youtube vids of these games and I just see the people playing them spamming sleights over and over and its takes the excitement and challenge out of it. Like I said, this is my own opinion on it, so if you disagree, don't chop my head off lol

Agree or disagree? Discuss.

siegleeagle

Awards
Idk, the times I have played it I never did use to many sleights because I had a hard time memorizing what values I needed for which sleights. However, the latest time I have played through it I had more sleight options and I actually enjoyed the game better. But, I don't think I would like to just spam sleights.

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
Sleights saved me against the final Riku Replica battle, Larxene and Axel. Without them, I never would have gotten as far as I did.

Gram

Banned
Awards
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Master of Monologues
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
I don't find them cheap sure the right sleight can pwn a boss but the sleights also give a bit of flair to the otherwise tedious room after room set up.

I think it all just depends on person with this one. I have both used sleight and also beat the game using nothing but attack and cure cards.

The_Echo

SENA Hates Him!
Awards
  • Dandelion
  • Completionist
  • Jiminy's Journal
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
The only sleight I ever used was Curaga. And Judgement, which was super OP in the GBA version (I think it was nerfed in Re:CoM).

Your cards get removed when you do sleights, so there's a bit of a balance to spamming them. I don't think it's cheap.

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
I remember using sleights when I was going through Riku's play through with just the right cards without setting them up intentionally. I think they're useful but, I don't think there cheap and made things more easier; less tedious even and gave the game more flair to it. I was easy going with Re:CoM gameplay and enjoyed what it had to offer.

I think if I were to play CoM; I'd be using sleights more than before because the gameplay felt harder.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It definitely depends on the person and what mood your in on top of that.

I'd have a deck catered to just playing a card one after the other but there were times a had a deck strictly made for sleights because they were fun to use. A mixture of both was my usual though. Throw a megaelixir or something in there and you were straight.

Brosna1

Awards
I do agree that it does make the game easier spamming Slights but for me I just want to play the game for the story but don't think it's a cheap way to play the game.