• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CoM help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbielans

I've started CoM and it's super weird. I'm playing the PS2 version. Is there anyway to heal outside of battle instead of having to keep running to the save?

Badger

You can't use cure, but if you hit some of the objects in the room, some will spit out HP orbs. But yeah, it definitely takes a while to get used to the new game system.

Anagram

Banned
Do like Badger said and smack everything smackable in a room. You'll either get green orbs (hp), red (mp) or sometimes a card.

cbielans

Also what's the best way to sort through your cards? Like between attack, healing and magic. I forgot.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
One other idea is to set a Shortcut on your Cure spells. Once it's set via the Shortcut section of your Deck Management, you can jump to that card automatically by pressing Down on the D-Pad. Heartless take a while to get going at the start of battle, so you have plenty of time to use it.

Be careful, though: the Shortcut is tied to the card, so if you use the card, you can't use the Shortcut until you reload. And if you lose the card for the rest of the battle, like if you use it in a Sleight like Curaga, you'll lose the Shortcut for the rest of the battle. Sometimes, I put the Shortcut on the card BEFORE my Cure cards, so that I can use Cure sleights all I want.

EDIT: What do you mean "sort through your cards"?

cbielans

I thought at the beginning of the game it showed you how to sort through your cards. Like jumping from attack cards to cure cards. Maybe I'm making this up idk.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Nah, sorry. There's the shortcut, and there's another shortcut (up on the D-Pad) to jump back to your Reload card. That's about it. You have to organize your deck around that, it's tricky.

cbielans

How do you open up the gold room? How do you get the right card? I'm in the premium room right now in traverse town. I want to get the gold room before I move on.

Badger

Well you can switch between your attack/magic cards and enemy cards by pressing SELECT, maybe that's what you were talking about?

The card for the Rewards room you are talking about won't appear till floor 7 I believe. So you will have to go back down to lower floors to get them. Also a note, you can only carry one Key to Rewards at a time.

Unclear_Motive

How do you open up the gold room? How do you get the right card? I'm in the premium room right now in traverse town. I want to get the gold room before I move on.

As Badger has stated, you have to receive the Key to Rewards card first before entering these rooms. They are randomly dropped at the end of battles. I believe you can only start receiving these rare cards after you complete your first group of World cards. I hope this helps.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
As far as I know, having played the GBA version, you get Key to Rewards cards easily after battles in the last 3-4 worlds: Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, Castle Oblivion... They are rare until later worlds, but you will surely get one till you reach the upper floors. And you can only hold 1 at a time. Every world has a Room of Rewards so you will have to choose which to open first~
but yeah, this is for the GBA version

Unclear_Motive

but yeah, this is for the GBA version

I have played both versions of the game and as I recall, the rarity of the Key to Rewards is the same for both versions. It seems to be more common to get the card once one enters the higher floors of Castle of Oblivion.

In short, don't get frustrated if you can't find any in the lower levels. Play through the games and I know you will at least find a couple towards the end of the game.

cbielans

Sorry typo cure cards. Also how do you lock again on an enemy. I stopped playing for awhile.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I don't know if you can lock-on in Re:Chain of Memories, buuut you obtain Cure cards randomly by buying the blue packs from Moogles, in Moogle rooms.

cbielans

Where are the moogle rooms? I've only been to traverse town and agrabah. Don't think I've seen one yet.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You can lock on to enemies, using R2.

Moogle Rooms are created by Moogle Cards, which aren't introduced until the second floor, so if you only just got to the second floor, they've only just now been added to the mix. Even if you're on the third floor, just keep fighting, as they're not very common.

If you can find a Roulette Room card, you can use that to find more. Sadly, I don't know when Roulette Rooms are introduced. They might not be on the second/third floor at all.

Keep attacking things in the environment, while you're at it. Not only will you need the red orbs you find to buy things from the Moogles, you might get a lucky card drop, and it might even be Cure!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back