• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

College Essays

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I'm confused, do you mean to get inside the college?

If so I don't remember, think it was something about loving anything art related.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I had to write about 11 'essays' of varying lengths (most under a page; not sure if I would call some of them essays), so I covered just about everything. Sports, leadership groups, orchestra, and some really weird stuff that some essay prompts asked for, like where I like to study.

I loathed college essays.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
I applied to Canadian schools, so most didn't require them, except for the odd one that required international students to do so.

I can't remember exactly, but I referenced classic literature a lot, because that's apparently a smart thing to do.

God only knows how many times the fellas at the SAT and ACT "grading" place read about Holden Caulfield or Jay Gatsby.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't remember. :/ I think one was on the struggles i have gone through and the struggles my parents have had in providing for me. Another was on some christian value because I was applying for a Jesuit university. I didn't write one for the university I attended. I was admitted on-spot just from my grades. And now I'm at CC and you don't have to write a stupid essay for that.

When I transfer from my CC, I'm going to just write whatever. The questions they ask are so general and kinda boring.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
One was a sappy essay about bringing honor to the family/making them proud or whatever. I don't remember what the other one was about.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Metaphorically described how music 'brought me down' from the dissociative symptoms brought on by BPD and PTSD. It was really weird and unconventional, but it worked. It was mostly describing colors and time perception.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Mine was on my 1st cruise. I met alot of extraordinary people my own age who i hung out with for those 2 nights on the ship & on the island. I swear ill never forget those people or the crazy things we did for the rest of my life!

& I got a 68 on it for bieng off topic :(

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Mine were about how working at my colleges newspaper has affected me and helped me grow as a graphic designer. I'm transferring to a unviersity from a tech school btw. lol

Another I wrote was about how martial arts (karate specifically) has influenced me as a person and how I view myself and the world around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back