• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coldplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I'm pretty heavy on the topic posting, but Coldplay NEEDS its own topic. Cant believe no one posted on yet.

Anyways, I consider Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends one of the if not the best album ever released, by any band. It's that good. The album has 'harmony' written all over it.

Funny enough, I've been a fan of their work since they started releasing albums, so that makes me a hardcore fan probably.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, probably. There have been Coldplay threads in the past though, at least two or three since Viva La Vida came out.

But, uh, Viva La Vida's pretty awwwright, though I think I got sick of it after listening to it so much. It's definitely not the best album ever released though, despite it's record shattering sales numbers. I can safely say that's the hardcore Coldplay fan in you saying that.

Anyway, other than that album, I've only heard a handful of their other songs and like them well enough. I've thought about downloading their discography to listen to all that, but haven't gotten around to it.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I like there old stuff over there new stuff preferbly Parachutes.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Viva La Vida and Death to All His Friends is a good album but it's not the best album

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I liked Viva La Vida until it got played every other song on the radio :v Cemeteries of London and Violet Hill are still pretty awesome though; Strawberry Swing too.

I gotta say though, the whole putting two completely different songs on one track thing they did with about half the album pissed me off though. Typically, I found one half of a track to be better than the other and didn't see why they couldn't just separate them.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I liked Viva La Vida until it got played every other song on the radio :v Cemeteries of London and Violet Hill are still pretty awesome though; Strawberry Swing too.

I gotta say though, the whole putting two completely different songs on one track thing they did with about half the album pissed me off though. Typically, I found one half of a track to be better than the other and didn't see why they couldn't just separate them.
I know what you are saying, there are probably only a few key songs that I like on Viva La Vida.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Oh I actually liked that. Guess I'm used to it, a lot of bands and artists have these musical tracks that are basically two songs combined.

It was refreshing. :lol:

I like there old stuff over there new stuff preferbly Parachutes.
Meh, I like Parachutes a lot, but it was mainly sad songs... I don't really like to listen to sad songs... makes me sad. :23:

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Can I nominate Chris Martin as the most embarrassingly bad dancer in music?

(see: Viva La Vida video)

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh I actually liked that. Guess I'm used to it, a lot of bands and artists have these musical tracks that are basically two songs combined.

It was refreshing. :lol:

I didn't find it refreshing at all. If both parts were equally good, I might not have minded it, but I'd rather not have to wait through the first half of a song to get to the good part when it could just be two.

hahaha yes

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I'm going to Coldplay concert on the 15th of May, excited for that

But I don't think Viva La Vida is their BEST album. Its okay, not the best

Viva la Vida is cool for a listen every now and then. My favorite song is definitely both parts of Yes.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Viva la Vida has the worst lyrics of any album I've heard in like 5 or so years ('Those who are dead/are not dead/they're just living in my head'. Really, Chris?).

X&Y too actual effort to listen to. It was incredibly monotonous.

A Rush of Blood was actually alright. Green Eyes and The Scientist were pretty awright generic post-Buckley ballads.

Parachutes was the same song on repeat for roughly 40 minutes. Don't Panic was cool though.

So that's my opinion on Coldplay :T

Awards

doesn't hold a candle to peter garrett

g">g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

he's so embarrassingly bad he's good

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Viva la Vida has the worst lyrics of any album I've heard in like 5 or so years ('Those who are dead/are not dead/they're just living in my head'. Really, Chris?).

X&Y too actual effort to listen to. It was incredibly monotonous.

A Rush of Blood was actually alright. Green Eyes and The Scientist were pretty awright generic post-Buckley ballads.

Parachutes was the same song on repeat for roughly 40 minutes. Don't Panic was cool though.

So that's my opinion on Coldplay :T
I will admit it being the song it is, the lyric weren't all
that great you are right,but I like the music and beat with it.

('Those who are dead/are not dead/they're just living in my head'. Really, Chris?).

Which sucks, because everything else about that song is cool.

I can overlook the lyrics on that one. 42 is, believe it or not, my favorite song from the record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back