• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
Ok, I love this band, for those of you that haven't heard of them, listen to them. They're my favorite band of all time. The band isn't really known as much as others, but, they're powerful lyrics puts them as one of the greatest to me. They had a smash single called "Stupid Girl" in 04 or 03 I think, if you've heard of that.

The story on their "newest" album from 05 "A different kind of Pain" I thought was pretty touching.

ColdOnline.Com said:
"We went into our rehearsal space in Jacksonville but we weren't comfortable writing there. At the time, my little sister, Jen, had been diagnosed with cancer. She was going through a really bad time and everyone was telling her to get her stuff in order. So we moved our band equipment into my parents' house and wrote the record in Jen's room, where she grew up. As soon as we got in that room we were so productive, we were coming up with two or three songs a day."

So basically, Scooter ( Lead Singer) wrote the songs in his little sister's room.

The story behind one of the tracks called "Tell My Why" :

ColdOnline.Com said:
"We really connect with our fans," Ward says. "One fan reached out to me online and told me her mom was an alcoholic, tearing it up every night at bars. Her father had beaten her so badly that she went to the hospital with broken ribs and she's only fourteen years old. She was writing that she wanted to get away, so I wrote back and asked her if she wanted me to call the police or Child And Family Services. She wrote me that there was nothing I could do; her mom would deny everything. I told her I would write a song for her and I did my best to put myself in her space, to feel what she went through and I ended up writing 'Tell Me Why.' I'm able to relate to stuff like that because of things that I've gone through or am going through. And I know there's a way to push through and that it's not that drastic, there's always a way out. She knows I wrote this song and she hasn't heard it yet but when she does, I hope that it helps."

The story behind one track called "When Angels Fly Away" is that I think Scooter was in Iraq, a few soldiers noticed that it was him, and they told him about all the feelings of being out their in the middle east. So Scooter wrote that song about the feelings those soldiers gave him. I got that from reading a Blog on their myspace, there were other stories behind the songs, but I forgot them.

Now, they make pretty damn depressing lyrics, and they've made the most depressing song i've heard in my life, called "It's All Good" with the first line being:

"Take another ************* hit of LSD"

For the fans, post thoughts/opinions. For those that want to hear some songs, contact me via PM or AIM.

Falcon--

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Cold is an awesome band indeed. I love their song "A Different Kind of Pain".

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
Yeah, i'm loving the stuff from "13 Ways To Bleed On Stage" more than their new album. His older songs seem a bit more like ruthless or whatever, his new stuff is like emotional. But either way, I still like em' both.

I wanna hear the side project "The Witch" so bad, I wonder what thats going to sound like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back