• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded: Possible Wiiware game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do YOU think its possible? If not on WiiWare then on what system?

• Yes, I think its possible for WiiWare.

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Yes its possible, but for another system. (Explain Below)

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • No, I think it will stay as a mobile phone game.

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
The Wii's WiiWare will most likely get Coded, just as they did with FFIV: The After Years.

Abbot

... Y'know. I assume they'll keep it to mobile phones. Nomura chose the mobile phone cause he wanted something different. If he just ports it to a console, then it's not very different.

Also, taken from Wikipedia:
Coded was developed with 3D and 2D graphics to have the game available on a range of cellphones for distribution overseas.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_Coded#cite_note-NI-FamCoded-9

And yes, I do know this is an old topic. There's a link to this topic in a newer, closed topic, and I just wished to state my opinion. Flame away. :p

Radon

mofo
Yes but still the majority of phones outside of Japan probably couldn't even handle the 2D sprites, let alone the 3D world.

Abbot

Yes but still the majority of phones outside of Japan probably couldn't even handle the 2D sprites, let alone the 3D world.

That's what you think. No games in North America have challenged mobile phones yet. Our phones could very well be able to handle Coded. We just have no idea because no one's ever tried something similar. Or something similar that was heard of.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what you think. No games in North America have challenged mobile phones yet. Our phones could very well be able to handle Coded. We just have no idea because no one's ever tried something similar. Or something similar that was heard of.

I'm sure the new gen phones like the iPhone and the Palm pre could probably handle i. I think the iPhone would be harder to use since coded uses buttons. The palm pre would be a good choice.

But not everybody has a phones like that. I know my phone wouldn't be able to play coded despite it being an excellent phone.

Which makes digital outlets like wiiware, DSiware, and the PSN a better choice than mobile phones.

Have you seen the models of those DoCoMo phones that play coded? They look better than any phone I see at the phone store.

Sorikux

I highly doubt itll be released on wiiware, unless they plan on releasing seperate chapters every few months, which will most likely be overpriced

That's exactly what they're doing with FFIV: TAF though :p Though I think each chapter is every month and not every few months. But it's overpriced.

OT: Yes, I fully believe it'll happen. They *could* do it on PSN, but they're not bringing FFIV: TAF to PSN (or XBL/PSP) and SE have a lot of interest in WW and PSN/XBL/PSP download titles...not so much. Plus FFIV: TAF is one of the most popular WW titles so it'd be a good investment.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
they could wait like next year and bundle more of the chapters together and sell them on wii ware. by next year we should have more chapters for coded out since days is already out and BBs is (supposedly) coming this year for japan. those some of those team members can work on coded

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
i would still rather have it on psn than wiiware, but i think wiiware is more likely cause kh doesnt have anything on wii yet(or anything announced)

Sorikux

they could wait like next year and bundle more of the chapters together and sell them on wii ware. by next year we should have more chapters for coded out since days is already out and BBs is (supposedly) coming this year for japan. those some of those team members can work on coded

Bundle it? I wish. Knowing SE though, they'll release one chapter every month for a hefty price...and I'll still get it :/

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
hos expensive you think they would be?800 points for the first 200 for the rest i say

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
it depends on how long they are

and graphics

do you think the DSi could handle it?

Sorikux

@Max

I'd say varying prices. For FFIV: TAF, Cecil, Ceodore, and Kain it's 800 points and Rydia is 300 points. But that's only 4 chapters out of, IIRC, 9 chapters? The Gathering Chapter and both parts of the Final Chapter are being bundled for 800 points. I'm missing some other chapters though. Anyway, the total cost of the game will be 3200 points ($32). I'd expect the same for Coded.

I'll wait until all the chapters are out at once myself.

@Silver Soul

One of the guys at 1UP who played the game said the graphics are more PSP-esque so no it doesn't seem like DSi could handle it. I'd be pissed if it was on DSi since I don't own one lol (I own a DSL though) :p Really hoping for WiiWare.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
@Max

I'd say varying prices. For FFIV: TAF, Cecil, Ceodore, and Kain it's 800 points and Rydia is 300 points. But that's only 4 chapters out of, IIRC, 9 chapters? The Gathering Chapter and both parts of the Final Chapter are being bundled for 800 points. I'm missing some other chapters though. Anyway, the total cost of the game will be 3200 points ($32). I'd expect the same for Coded.

I'll wait until all the chapters are out at once myself.

@Silver Soul

One of the guys at 1UP who played the game said the graphics are more PSP-esque so no it doesn't seem like DSi could handle it. I'd be pissed if it was on DSi since I don't own one lol (I own a DSL though) :p Really hoping for WiiWare.

wiiware is better
lets just hope

Allister Rose

French Lover
hmm....the screen seems to be a little small for wiiware...but then again ff4 did came out on wiiware aswell, thoguh resolution was better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back