• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tevlen

IPhones have not outsold the PSP or the Wii, stop pulling facts out of your ass.

File:IPhone sales per quarter.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Playstation 3: 27,000,000
Iphone: 33,745,000
PSP: 55,900,000
Wii: 56,140,000

And this is not even taking into the fact that the majority of Iphone users don't use their iphone as a gaming device. You are better off selling your game on the PS3 then on the iphone if you are basing it purely on installed base.

Now include the iTouch.
AppleInsider | Apple's iPod touch sales double, nearly on par with iPhone

The one you posted did not include iTouch sales, which are over 20 million. Plus the 34 iPhones put it at the same range or greater as PSP's and Wii's.

17 million of which were iPhone owners, and therefore 13 million of which were iPod touch users. the sum of iPhone plus iPod Touch is now about 37 million units and so
From your article. Unless you decided to give me something to read then take numbers from something else.

tevlen

thats the number that club cupertino itself has sold. It doesn't give you a clue how many extra that means.

It's the best I could find. For some reason its hard to find numbers, I'm in hell-week for a production right now, so I'm just casually browsing before bed. I'll find better numbers come the 22nd, but this still puts my claims at about the right numbers.

It's the best I could find. For some reason its hard to find numbers, I'm in hell-week for a production right now, so I'm just casually browsing before bed. I'll find better numbers come the 22nd, but this still puts my claims at about the right numbers.

Well if you could find the numbers Club Cupertino hasn't sold for other products you could guess. Does that mean we get to add old ds and psp numbers instead of just yearly sales?

tevlen

Overall, I've gotten close enough to show that What i'm saying is at least plausible. I'll more accurate information when I have the time, but I've spent, since Friday, over 40 hours working. I'm shot and can't find things the way I usually can. If another iPhone/iTouch supporter can help me here, I'd appreciate it. I know there was another with the numbers earlier

Overall, I've gotten close enough to show that What i'm saying is at least plausible. I'll more accurate information when I have the time, but I've spent, since Friday, over 40 hours working. I'm shot and can't find things the way I usually can. If another iPhone/iTouch supporter can help me here, I'd appreciate it. I know there was another with the numbers earlier
Even if the numbers fit you're leaving out an important thing.
Sales.
I am pretty sure that we can take the sign that Before Crisis hasn't crossed the ocean that this won't either. Compare the sales of a ff7 games to what you might get for a decidely smaller franchise and it makes less sense. If they were going to release anything it would be before crisis, if just on a profit argument. Also take into effect that they decided to take other "phone games" and scrap the phone and release them on a full blown hand held. PE and agito. I assume that it was done to hit a larger market.

And yes do come back with more accurate numbers.:p

Suzuku

IPhones have not outsold the PSP or the Wii, stop pulling facts out of your ass.

File:IPhone sales per quarter.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Playstation 3: 27,000,000
Iphone: 33,745,000
PSP: 55,900,000
Wii: 56,140,000

And this is not even taking into the fact that the majority of Iphone users don't use their iphone as a gaming device. You are better off selling your game on the PS3 then on the iphone if you are basing it purely on installed base.
When you include iPod touch sales then that number jumps to about 60 million units. And there are serious games on the iPhone. :/

Suzuku

you are inflating numbers tevlen, give it the freak up
No, he's not. iPhones have sold 33.7 million units and iPod touches have sold close to 30 million, thus bringing the platform to about 60 million units sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back