• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jphantom

And yet you're missing the fact that Mobile Phone gaming isn't nearly as popular in NA as in Japan and therefore SE would lose a lot of money. And I doubt SE would want that, so they would just port it to another system for us in the NA and elsewhere. I mean, look at what they did with Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

Yeah I guess you're right, but they could either port it to another system or not release it in NA at all. But if they don't release it in NA then it would put a hole through Sora's story so they kinda have to release it in NA. So anyways there are countless things they can do, but nobody knows which one yet.

tevlen

It would have to be slightly fixed so it would work with whatever console/handheld it got put on, but that would be much better than having to completely retool the game for touch screen capability.

Notice how I also said PSN. Anyway, I never said it wasn't popular, I just said mobile phone gaming in the states isn't nearly as popular as it is in Japan. And besides, putting it on the iPhone would alienate a lot of players for many reasons. Such as:
-The price of it
-The fact that not every has one & I doubt they'll go buy the iPhone just for one game and not to mention they'd probably end up spending more on it on the iPhone than they would on any other actual gaming system/handheld.
-Don't more people have PSP's/PS3's/Wii's than iPhones?
-They'd have to completely rework the controls in the game and take up more time than necessary

Iphones have outsold both wiis and PS3's and PSP's.

And to add touchscrean buttons is a very very simple port.

tevlen

Yeah a very shitty port that sucks mad dick.

If you think touch buttons are better then an actual control you must suck a whole lot of dick

What a wonderful, well thought out, mature argument.

Touch is the way of the future. Get used to it.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
No way in hell Nomura would do touch. Look at 358/2, had the option of using touch but decided not too as it would take away from the feel of what a Kingdom Hearts game is like

tevlen

No way in hell Nomura would do touch. Look at 358/2, had the option of using touch but decided not too as it would take away from the feel of what a Kingdom Hearts game is like

All touch would do was have onscrean touch buttons. Not the stupid way zelda did touch.

captain

Bronze Member
All touch would do was have onscrean touch buttons. Not the stupid way zelda did touch.

But doesnt that take away from the screen itself?? Plus your hands get in the way of your vision.. idk.. touch screen gameplay just doesn't seem like it would work so well with KH..

tevlen

The iPhone has a large screen. You could easily put in room for buttons and still have room for the screen.

ashleerox1

It should be an app on the iPhone, Everyone has one...or knows someone who does...or has a family member who does.

Grey

it really is a 1/4 chance of it appearing on the PSP.

You know, 90% of all statistics are pulled out of one's ass.

I don't think it'll be for the DS or PSP, considering Days and BbS will be on those respective titles. If Coded is being remade for something other than a cell phone, I'd imagine it'd be for something different... either for a home console, the computer (which is very unlikely), or as a WiiWare game (also unlikely, but more likely than the computer, I think). Either that, or the cutscenes/dialogue are taken, pieced together into a movie-like format, and sold along with KH3 or some other game as an added bonus.

I don't know, I just don't think it'll be for the DS or PSP. ._.

tevlen

You know, 90% of all statistics are pulled out of one's ass.

I don't think it'll be for the DS or PSP, considering Days and BbS will be on those respective titles. If Coded is being remade for something other than a cell phone, I'd imagine it'd be for something different... either for a home console, the computer (which is very unlikely), or as a WiiWare game (also unlikely, but more likely than the computer, I think). Either that, or the cutscenes/dialogue are taken, pieced together into a movie-like format, and sold along with KH3 or some other game as an added bonus.

I don't know, I just don't think it'll be for the DS or PSP. ._.

Why would a console get higher precedence then a mobile?

captain

Bronze Member
It should be an app on the iPhone, Everyone has one...or knows someone who does...or has a family member who does.

Um, maybe where you live in Richy Rich's house of money.. but most people don't have one...

Sandslash

LOL. After reading this, I can say: Brazil is hopeless XD (Yes, I AM brazilian).
Well, WiiWare and DSiWare games are very difficult to be played here in Brazil. So I hope it will be on the DS, since I have one. But I still think it won't... And I don't think it will be a computer game (it would be perfect:cry:).
And for cellphones in Brazil... I don't even have to talk about them XD

EDIT: I didn't notice the thread was almost "dead"...

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The iphone is not the only phone in the U.S and europe that can do coded!!!! Stop thinking that you are just giving mopre advertisment to apple. Anyways since FF was released on wiiware there is a high chance on wiiware and the phone.It might bhe relased for both if they want numbers up there

Suzuku

The iphone is not the only phone in the U.S and europe that can do coded!!!! Stop thinking that you are just giving mopre advertisment to apple. Anyways since FF was released on wiiware there is a high chance on wiiware and the phone.It might bhe relased for both if they want numbers up there
But it's the most viable. What other phone has solely sold over 60 million units?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Iphones have outsold both wiis and PS3's and PSP's.

And to add touchscrean buttons is a very very simple port.

IPhones have not outsold the PSP or the Wii, stop pulling facts out of your ass.

File:IPhone sales per quarter.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Playstation 3: 27,000,000
Iphone: 33,745,000
PSP: 55,900,000
Wii: 56,140,000

And this is not even taking into the fact that the majority of Iphone users don't use their iphone as a gaming device. You are better off selling your game on the PS3 then on the iphone if you are basing it purely on installed base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back