• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Coded would have to be retooled if it was on the iPhone or iPod Touch since it obviously doesn't have a keypad.

I would rather it come out on WiiWare or the DSiWare. Or PSNetwork. Or maybe all of them to save the argument.

tevlen

Coded would have to be retooled if it was on the iPhone or iPod Touch since it obviously doesn't have a keypad.

I would rather it come out on WiiWare or the DSiWare. Or PSNetwork. Or maybe all of them to save the argument.

Yes, because that wouldn't require it to be retooled at all /sarcasm

Yeah but game for the Iphone are fuckin trash.

Thats cuz the dev's dont put the time into them. As I've said, the architecture itself is beautiful.

Suzuku

Maybe because Cellular Phone gaming isn't as popular outside of Japan as it is in Japan. Do you think SE would honestly still put it on a phone in NA or anywhere else when it's not nearly as popular and they would lose a bunch of money? They already did the same thing for FFIV: After Years or whatever like they should do for Coded. It was on the phone in Japan but got put on WiiWare for NA (and I think everywhere else that got it that wasn't Japan).
But iPhone gaming is popular. And once again, this whole 358/2 days/BbS/Coded project is meant to be a mobile experience. It would be stupid to just stick it on WiiWare when they can tap the mobile user base of the iPhone.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But iPhone gaming is popular. And once again, this whole 358/2 days/BbS/Coded project is meant to be a mobile experience. It would be stupid to just stick it on WiiWare when they can tap the mobile user base of the iPhone.
But it's also not an as-ideal gaming console as the DS or Wii.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Buttons, tevlen. Buttons. Ideal gaming needs the definitiveness and accuracy of buttons.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Uhm... No they don't. I've played tonnes of iTouch/Pod games. The touch-screen buttons work well, but not as well as if the equivalent were done with actual buttons, which are immediately responsive, easily physically locatable, and don't take up room on the screen. It's a matter of opinion, but I think those three things I just said are all fact.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Until Microsoft can get the same precision and ease if not better than keyboards, ultimately people aren't going to want to get rid of them.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well, Microsoft hasn't always been about allowing a whole lot of flexibility to their customers.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I think other US phones can play this game than just an iphone you know. I recently saw a phone commercial where they had rock band as a game so if that samsung phone can do rock band then it can most likely do KH:coded. KH isn't too tuff on phones I am sure my current phone can play it

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Yes, because that wouldn't require it to be retooled at all /sarcasm

It would have to be slightly fixed so it would work with whatever console/handheld it got put on, but that would be much better than having to completely retool the game for touch screen capability.

Notice how I also said PSN. Anyway, I never said it wasn't popular, I just said mobile phone gaming in the states isn't nearly as popular as it is in Japan. And besides, putting it on the iPhone would alienate a lot of players for many reasons. Such as:
-The price of it
-The fact that not every has one & I doubt they'll go buy the iPhone just for one game and not to mention they'd probably end up spending more on it on the iPhone than they would on any other actual gaming system/handheld.
-Don't more people have PSP's/PS3's/Wii's than iPhones?
-They'd have to completely rework the controls in the game and take up more time than necessary

jphantom

It would have to be slightly fixed so it would work with whatever console/handheld it got put on, but that would be much better than having to completely retool the game for touch screen capability.

Notice how I also said PSN. Anyway, I never said it wasn't popular, I just said mobile phone gaming in the states isn't nearly as popular as it is in Japan. And besides, putting it on the iPhone would alienate a lot of players for many reasons. Such as:
-The price of it
-The fact that not every has one & I doubt they'll go buy the iPhone just for one game and not to mention they'd probably end up spending more on it on the iPhone than they would on any other actual gaming system/handheld.
-Don't more people have PSP's/PS3's/Wii's than iPhones?
-They'd have to completely rework the controls in the game and take up more time than necessary

Yeah but point is they wanted to give Coded to a handheld system, the DS was taken by Days, PSP is taken by Birth By Sleep and the only thing left is Cell Phones and that's where coded should be, not on Wii or PS3.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Yeah but point is they wanted to give Coded to a handheld system, the DS was taken by Days, PSP is taken by Birth By Sleep and the only thing left is Cell Phones and that's where coded should be, not on Wii or PS3.

And yet you're missing the fact that Mobile Phone gaming isn't nearly as popular in NA as in Japan and therefore SE would lose a lot of money. And I doubt SE would want that, so they would just port it to another system for us in the NA and elsewhere. I mean, look at what they did with Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

captain

Bronze Member

This is true. Putting KHcoded on cell phone would be better, but not iPhone since it would not be ideal for gameplay.. I think pretty much any cell phone with a text-keyboard would work much better!

∞;4575390 said:
Obviously they'd bump up the graphics a little.

coded's graphics are already rockin'

And yet you're missing the fact that Mobile Phone gaming isn't nearly as popular in NA as in Japan and therefore SE would lose a lot of money. And I doubt SE would want that, so they would just port it to another system for us in the NA and elsewhere. I mean, look at what they did with Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

And The Third Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back