• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesStar21

either way KH Coded is coming to the USA, I don't care where they put it, as long as its one of the consoles.

Sorikux

I think that the iPhone would be the perfect global port. I dunno where you guys are getting these ideas for a port to a major consul, that's craziness. Anyways, like I was saying, the iPhone would be perfect. Has anyone here played Hero of Sparta? It's a pretty basic hack and slash iPhone game with decent graphics, at least PSX worthy, and it even features techniques similar to reaction commands. And then there is also iMech, an online robot melee game. Although it can be a bit laggy, it is usually pretty smooth and shows that the iPhone can easily handle online game play. Both of these games feature a 'faux-analog' stick and 'faux-buttons' that appear all on the touchscreen, which is multitouch. Honestly, I could just go on and on about how good the iPhone is and how perfect it is for Kingdom Hearts Coded. Aaaand, if Coded is ported, they better port Mobile as well or else!

Only thing is, I hear that iPhones are incredibly unpopular in Japan..

A port to a major console is craziness? Is this supposed to make sense?

There's no way they'd put such a key game on the iPhone.

XYZ

A port to a major console is craziness? Is this supposed to make sense?

There's no way they'd put such a key game on the iPhone.
A key game? Lol, how cute. Have you even seen Coded? Aside from its hq cut scenes, it's a side scroller with 2D sprites over 3D environments. The iPhone has fully 3D games. I should have mentioned that in that post as well. You are seriously underestimating the iPhone's potential.

Watch this: YouTube - Hero of Sparta PSP
That is a little trailer for Hero of Sparta. I know it says for the PSP, but whoever labeled the video is a re-re. When watching it you can even see the touchscreen's faux-analog stick and buttons. It just seems like a waste to put Coded on a consul because you would also be eliminating all of its mobile features. And DSiWare is like the worst when it comes to actual games. I mean graphic wise. It could never support something like Coded. WiiWare or PSN, maybe. But the iPhone is the key choice.

Edit: Oh wait, Coded is fully 3D.

Anyways, I already have Crystal Defenders on my iPhone, which is being made for the PSP and I have Vanguard Storm which is whatever cause I dunno if it is being ported to PSP.. But there are plenty of big name games in the iPhone App Store. I have Metal Gear Solid 4, Assassin's Creed, Crash Nitro Court, Katamari, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Starwars: the Force Unleashed. And the Apps Store is full of so much more.

Last edited:

State

Awards
A key game? Lol, how cute. Have you even seen Coded? Aside from its hq cut scenes, it's a side scroller with 2D sprites over 3D environments. The iPhone has fully 3D games. I should have mentioned that in that post as well. You are seriously underestimating the iPhone's potential.

the iphone's "games" look more like apps used to pass out the time doing something, compared to kh.

Sorikux

lol, it's a direct sequel to KH2. Of course it's a key game. It continues the story.

You said "It just seems like a waste to put Coded on a consul because you would also be eliminating all of its mobile features." but if that's the case why is FF IV The After Years not on the iPhone and is WiiWare only over here?

State

Awards
lol, it's a direct sequel to KH2. Of course it's a key game. It continues the story.

You said "It just seems like a waste to put Coded on a consul because you would also be eliminating all of its mobile features." but if that's the case why is FF IV The After Years not on the iPhone and is WiiWare only over here?

reasons:

• the iphone is a very pricy phone
  • not everyone has the money for an iphone, meaning that sales won't be impressive
  • sales also depend on how much the person uses his/her phone

XYZ

I'm not dissing Coded, but both of the Final Mixes contained key modifications to the games and we never got a hold of them. And for FFIV-AY, I really don't know anything about it, but I do know that Coded transfers all of your stats and scores to Mobile which allows you to unlock wallpapers and costumes and features an actual ringtone store. There is even multiplayer.. Making Mobile the first online KH game?

Did FFIV-AY do any of this when it was on the cellphone?

reasons:

• the iphone is a very pricy phone
  • not everyone has the money for an iphone, meaning that sales won't be impressive
  • sales also depend on how much the person uses his/her phone
I don't want to get into a war with you, but whatever.
An iPhone 3G 8GB costs $99 and the 3G S is $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32 GB. But there's always ebay. Not to mention the iPod Touch which is basically an iPhone minus the microphone and camera. An iPod Touch ranges from $199, $299 and $399 with 8GB, 32GB or 64GB's of memory. But again, always ebay.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i am of the belief that the iphone, psp download service, or DSiware are three perfect candidates for the downloadable title

XYZ

i am of the belief that the iphone, psp download service, or DSiware are three perfect candidates for the downloadable title
I can't see this on DSiWare. It just doesn't seem like it could support a game like this. An actual DS game is very possible, but not DSiWare. But you can decide for yourself:

DSiWare & Nintendo DSi Shop - Download Games & Applications for Nintendo DSi

I'm guessing now that once all of the episodes are released in Japan, or when there are only a few left, we will hear about a Coded international release.

Last edited:

captain

Bronze Member
Nomura wants it to released in NA, it's an important part of the series, and it can very easily be done on Wiiware.

I was totally going to suggest this. Glad I'm not the only one with this thought.
I would like if they could keep coded on cell phone-like iPhone, but I'm not sure if that would work.
WiiWare is a perfect back-up option.
Could probably play the game with "Classic Controller"/GC controller..
And "KHMobile" could easily be adapted to "KHChannel" for Wii to keep all aspects of the game.

tevlen

I was totally going to suggest this. Glad I'm not the only one with this thought.
I would like if they could keep coded on cell phone-like iPhone, but I'm not sure if that would work.
WiiWare is a perfect back-up option.
Could probably play the game with "Classic Controller"/GC controller..
And "KHMobile" could easily be adapted to "KHChannel" for Wii to keep all aspects of the game.

I have to be the one to say it: This would actually be an UNDER use of the wii :p

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Coded is probably gonna end with Mickey sending the letter
dont think so, coded is after KH2 so im guessing everything happing is after he sent it.....am i wrong?

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
:angry::angry:wHEN IS IT going to reach australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
:angry::angry:wHEN IS IT going to reach australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmm well once pigs fly im guessing?
the US doesnt even have it so just wait for it,theres no point in getting mad

XYZ

what about the ipod touch a few people have that and could get it off the app store
Apparently, the world would end if Square released Coded on the Apps Store, or so so many people seem to believe. There is that 'leaked' document stating that Square has already given Apple the rights, but I'm not so sure of it. When you think of it logically, why would Square release Coded iternationally before it was even 100% released in Japan? That's what most people don't seem to get, even though Coded is available in Japan, new episodes are release like every month or so. I'm guessing, and I've stated this before, that we'll hear about an international release once all of the Coded episodes have been released in Japen. Or maybe like a month before the last Japanese episode is released. Whatever.

Ya dig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back