• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CODED closist to Kingdom hearts 3.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Divine Light

hey i was just wondering what you guys think aboyt when the new games will be released. here what i think.

358/ 2 days-Summer 2008-maybe fall

Coded-Fall-2008-

Birth by Sleep-Fall 2008-Early 2009-

what do you guys think?

they said BBS starting production first but will most likely be released last.

something makes me confused about CODED-

Nomura says it takes place after KH2 but isn't KH3 because it takes place in Jimminys journal.

but in the real world its after KH2 heres the proof.

The Screen is Horizontal, even though the game is for the cellphone, why is this?
Tetsuya Nomura: This is not just the length screen but also a model screen specification for the most recent cellphones. It is what we assume the game to look like when it's released to the public. The method for the horizontal screen has already been talked about, it is a basic horizontal screen size.

Is the screen in 3D incase or just giving that impression?
TN: The Background is 3D, and the characters are 2D. The Development of this game is still in progress, and we plan to have the game both 3D, and 2D. The reason is so that we can have the game available to a range of cellphones. The reason we developed this idea, is because we wish to send this game overseas.

What shape will the delivery form take?
TN: Unlike the situations in larger game development, we always thought the world of Kingdom Hearts could be made mobile. For instance, there is a huge amusement park, and the main attraction is KHc (Kingdom Hearts Coded). It can be like an entrance to an Amusement park, free of charge, allowing you to visit each world. That is the delivery plan of KHc. We plan on taking full advantage for the mobile phone.

Will the storyline be based on Sora's adventures in Kingdom Hearts?(SEE
TN: The timeline is based on after Kingdom Hearts II, Jiminy's Journal is analyzed, and the adventure will take place in that. Therefore data of Sora will appear, not Sora. The world that was shown was a stage, though this was through the time of COM, and re:COM over the memory of Sora.

What will this game be able to do?
TN: This is going to be a puzzle game, mixed with action. Data is being displayed, and there are some bugs in Jiminy's book. The area must be analyzed in order to find the bug that is violating the data, and then you need to remove the bug. However some may get a bit more confusing as there will be ladders Sora will use to get to higher areas.

When do you think this game will be released?
TN: You may have to wait a while, as there are still some problems with the specs of cellphones for now. However we are not asking you to wait for 2, or 3 years. (Possibly this means around a year or so)

Will these works be connected with the "New" KH game?
Nomura KHc features Sora, however the DS, and PSP both are completely different stories, though I cannot say what they are yet. I can say these titles are not the last of the series, and all three will connect to a New Kingdom Hearts Game sooner or later.

thats what makes me think CODED is the most connected to a future KH3. so even though people think CODED is lame its really the closet thing to KH3 in a way.

Last edited:
D

Divine Light

i know its old news but people are saying coded sucks when really its the closist thing we have to a KH3 at this point but they dont seem to relieze it.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
i know its old news but people are saying coded sucks when really its the closist thing we have to a KH3 at this point but they dont seem to relieze it.

It's not that they don't realize it. Coded could still suck in terms of gameplay. Cellphone games don't appeal to many outside of Asia, or at the very least, not nearly as much as a DS or PSP. Other than the storyline, there really isn't much to Coded from what's been revealed so far; which is exactly why I'll find out about the storyline from YouTube, Wikipedia and threads in this forum.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's not that they don't realize it. Coded could still suck in terms of gameplay. Cellphone games don't appeal to many outside of Asia, or at the very least, not nearly as much as a DS or PSP. Other than the storyline, there really isn't much to Coded from what's been revealed so far; which is exactly why I'll find out about the storyline from YouTube, Wikipedia and threads in this forum.

Quoted for supreme and total truth. There's no way my phone could run coded, <.<; .

awsemo

i personally tink it's stupid to have a story game on your phone. i mean you cant get into it. what if you get a call you might loose your data ur somtin. plus i would have to buy like a super powerful phone and i would only use for that.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
i personally tink it's stupid to have a story game on your phone. i mean you cant get into it. what if you get a call you might loose your data ur somtin. plus i would have to buy like a super powerful phone and i would only use for that.

This is also my fear. I do think it will be fun to have like when ur sittin on a school bus or ur waiting for somone to whip it out n play.

What concerns me is that if the game is going to be "free" or even cheap it means that there isn't going to be a lot of work put into it, as everything costs money in the end. A cheap game means a bad game in my opinion. It may be the closest thing to KH3 but no one said it's going to be the best out of the three or be the most important. My guess is that BBS will be the most important because it is going to have the most work done on it followed by 358/2 days because it might explain the connection between Ven and Roxas and info about this unkown 14th member, I personally think it's Aqua or somone with a connection with her but that's a bit off subject. The coded because It's going through Jiminy's Journal and deleting bugs... I think this is kinda weird because it's a book not a notebook (jokes). In all honesty Timewise yes it is closest to KH3 but in importance I doubt it will have a lot.

[&#8730;]Genuflect

This is also my fear. I do think it will be fun to have like when ur sittin on a school bus or ur waiting for somone to whip it out n play.

I could care less about Kingdom Hearts Coded. It just a cell phone game and I'm noy expecting much from it.

Curse all the cellphone-game haters.
You're underestimating cellphones.

What concerns me is that if the game is going to be "free" or even cheap it means that there isn't going to be a lot of work put into it, as everything costs money in the end. A cheap game means a bad game in my opinion. It may be the closest thing to KH3 but no one said it's going to be the best out of the three or be the most important. My guess is that BBS will be the most important because it is going to have the most work done on it followed by 358/2 days because it might explain the connection between Ven and Roxas and info about this unkown 14th member, I personally think it's Aqua or somone with a connection with her but that's a bit off subject. The coded because It's going through Jiminy's Journal and deleting bugs... I think this is kinda weird because it's a book not a notebook (jokes). In all honesty Timewise yes it is closest to KH3 but in importance I doubt it will have a lot.
Well, if it's close, it will reveal many important things.
Here's an example:
You commited a crime, then the police asks your closest friends about you.
Of course, they will reveal many information about you because, they're the one that's always close to you.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com

Quoted AGAIN for amazing truth. Mine couldn't handle it either. Mine couldn't handle like. Anything. I've got a measley tracphone, yknow, one of those phones you buy minutes for and are like. Small as hell. Besides, i'm not that excited for coded due to gameplay. ITs just like you said, cellphone games aren't that great, in my eyes anyway. Can't speak for everyone else. And while Square is working on this one, I don't think it'd be too great on the phone. I'll just do the same as you and watch YouTube videos if I need to see the cutscenes.

Xarcsol15

I must interject here on several points
1st. they would not put anything terribly important on a cellphoe game likely never to be released outside japan.
2nd. cellphone games are pretty good... sometimes I played before crisis once and I must say pretty good.
3rd. japanese cell phones are infinately better than american ones. nearly all of them have a camera, web access and email. and those are the normal ones the great ones are, needless to say amazing. a Razr here is low-end over in japan.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I must interject here on several points
1st. they would not put anything terribly important on a cellphoe game likely never to be released outside japan.

...uh, no.

Kingdom Hearts Coded
You can only go into Debug mode, in the data world, when meeting a certain standard. This system is one of the main viewpoints of Kingdom Hearts Coded.

Interviewer We are curious as to how will this continue after the KH2 Story.

Nomura: What are Sora and the others doing now in the real world, while the story continues in the Data world. This will not be shown. However there are many mysteries that will be answered in this game, and there will possibly be key points that will be important to the future of the series. The Phone this game will be put on has not been released yet, but that also means when it is released, there will be many possibilities with this game in the future.

It'll be important in its own right. Also, you're ignoring two things:

1. Cell phones are big in Japan (lol Alphaville).

2. While they are trying to focus more on other markets, Japan is still naturally SE's primary market.

neon6

I got a question: WHY is Coded on the Mobile Phone (which is said to currently not exist yet)? Is this supposed to reach out to the Mobile Genre?

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Curse all the cellphone-game haters.

I never said I hated the idea did I?

I do think it will be fun to have like when ur sittin on a school bus or ur waiting for somone to whip it out n play.

You're underestimating cellphones.

Not exactly, We know what a lot of phones can dish out, Mine would have to be one of the more newer phones yet still I wouldn't rave about the game quality. Sure the newer ones can handle better things now than they use to... but I know a lot of people who still have brick phones... lol

Sure I guess we'll have to wait but I doubt whenever this game comes out, either the game quality would suck like anything or it would be too advanced for my phone... Just my luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back