• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cocky songs?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
αsiя got it right: listen to any modern rap song that's about sex, money, and what they can do with all of those, and you'll find more than simple "cocky" musicians. Jay-Z calls himself Jehova.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
αsiя got it right: listen to any modern rap song that's about sex, money, and what they can do with all of those, and you'll find more than simple "cocky" musicians. Jay-Z calls himself Jehova.

Actually its just "Hova"

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Same origin, same meaning.

Origin and meaning makes him cocky. Forgive if me if that's saying too much, but when you want to get ahead in your career, you have to let it be known, and he got that name after a rap battle in Brooklyn. Went with him, stayed with him.

Rap shouldn't be around cockiness, but a lot of mainstream rappers have nothing good to say other than the material things. If you're not listening to the real stuff, then you don't know rap. If you don't know rap what gives you the business to judge, other than what you hear and decide to depict on. That's quite the joke

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards

1x1.png

yeah.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Origin and meaning makes him cocky. Forgive if me if that's saying too much, but when you want to get ahead in your career, you have to let it be known, and he got that name after a rap battle in Brooklyn. Went with him, stayed with him.

Rap shouldn't be around cockiness, but a lot of mainstream rappers have nothing good to say other than the material things. If you're not listening to the real stuff, then you don't know rap. If you don't know rap what gives you the business to judge, other than what you hear and decide to depict on. That's quite the joke

I'd have said this but......... Hell couldn't have said it better.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Thank you for such a response of the true representation of rap music that I don't know, and I've been greatly inspired out of my ignorance, but I was talking about the modern rappers and what mostly comes out on the radio these days - which are cocky. Does that constitute for everything on the genre? (as in, the "real stuff") No. But the ones who keep alive the art are too far in between. Jay-Z was merely a crack on something that wasn't to be taken too seriously.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Lol >.> That whole rapper thing does make since. But U=Really listen to most of mainstream hip-hop. Being over confident is what some(a lot) fans like. >.> Though coming from rags to riches sometimes make a person cocky. It's often hard for them to stay humble.

But I digress. Listen to Wayne Carter III. That shall fulfil you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back