• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Co-moderator has been on hiatus for a long time... wat do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I've had an idea for a roleplay for a long time now. I worked on it and gained a co-mod. He helped in ways I couldn't have expected. But he's been off line (on multiple sites) for a long time now. I mean, I've also been off this site for a long time, but I'm up on tumblr, facebook, and other places. He hasn't been.

I was wondering what the RP community here thinks about the RP and what I should do with it. I mean, he helped a lot, and I have no intention of not giving him credit for what he's done for it. But I just want to know what this community thinks I should do with the RP: continue to work on it on my own? Scrap it? Don't get another co-mod to help with it? Don't post it until the co-mod comes back?

Because I think there would be different opinions based on different aspects of this RP, let me just explain a little about it:
  • It's a Kingdom Hearts RP set before all of the games (I'd say about 60% of it's content is original, 20% is Kingdom Hearts, and the other 20% is from an amalgamation of other media sources - like worlds, characters, and some concepts).
  • Setting is before the fabled Keyblade War (loosely based off Kairi's grandmother's fairy tale).
  • Co-mod helped the most with the magic concepts (including spells, the summoning system, the D-link-esque system, etc.), character backgrounds (the backbone plot of the RP), world selection and creation, and Realm creation (we developed a fourth realm that I can actually see being a part of the Realm of Sleep).
I honestly consider myself a spring board for this RP, which is precisely why I'm asking the community here for their input (which I've said, like, four times now?). Thank you for your responses; I really don't want all that time he and I put into this project to go to waste.

Light

faster than
Awards
It sounds good.
When you post the roleplay up, just acknowledge the work he put it into and put some heart-touching lines about his efforts and you'll be fine.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Honestly, I was hoping for more than just one response before saying anything, but I guess people's lack of saying anything more means people are in agreement? I'll just give him credit when I post it, and when/if he returns, he'll still be a co-mod, I guess.

Thank you for saying it sounds good. I'll probably edit this thread with more details (and change the name) if I get through with this in the next week or so for an interest check.

Though I don't see why I can't ask this now: the RP is comprised with a lot of original content, no canon characters (or worlds), and some other things, so should I just put it under the Original Roleplays board?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Posting what you have and still giving him credit seems like the best way to go instead of just holding on to it. Otherwise it would have been a waste of ideas. And yeah, that sounds like it would go under Original RPs.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
No, it would not go in the Original Roleplay section, because it still exists within the KH universe, even if it doesn't involve similar characters or worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back