• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Clouds Sword

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I'm still sticking with it being from the Geo Stigma... Don't forget he and Tifa have the AC appearance in KH2... But thats my opinion

The 15th

WOOOOOOW!!!! Am I REALLY the only one that had this thought!? Everytime I have a good theory, 5 or 6 other people think of the same thing. Anyway, here's what I think...

Look at Squall. He changed his name to Leon to mask the pain that he felt when he was powerless against the Heartless. Cloud feels the same pain, but doesn't change his name. Rather, he "patches up" his emotions by bandaging his sword, a physical manifestation of his soul.

So, what do ya think? Pretty good, no?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Hmm... I like that actually... Yeah, he's hiding his darkness in his heart maybe?

Never_Say_Die

Sounds complicated but wicked. I think the bandage keeps his sword from breaking in pieces with all the force he puts behind it. But yea that's just what I think.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Well. It aint Zack/ Angeal's Buster Sword to tell you that. And KH1 Cloud is a mixture of Vincent Valentine and Cloud. In KH2, Cloud is AC Cloud, still using the Vincent/ Cloud Sword.

How do you know this? Cloud still uses the Buster sword none the less and Vincent doesn't use swords so how could the sword be from him or part of Vincent in someway? The only thing Cloud had that was Vincent's was his claw things and his cape and maybe something else but not the buster sword.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Well. It aint Zack/ Angeal's Buster Sword to tell you that. And KH1 Cloud is a mixture of Vincent Valentine and Cloud. In KH2, Cloud is AC Cloud, still using the Vincent/ Cloud Sword.

How do you know this? Cloud still uses the Buster sword none the less and Vincent doesn't use swords so how could the sword be from him or part of Vincent in someway? The only thing Cloud had that was Vincent's was his claw things and his cape and maybe something else but not the buster sword.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Heheh, it was just to make it look cool. I highly doubt it means anything.
And ye Cloud only has Vincents claw and Cloak. Nomura wasnt intending to include Vincent in the KH series so he accessorised Cloud with a bit of a Vincent look.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^SON OF A MOTHER! u all beat me to it lol.... anyway .... well im not going to read all the pages, but you can ask this too along with the OP .... why did Cloud have an arm like that of Vincents in KH I and COM?

Its all really I think just designed for KH so that it stays more away from being a FF game. Maybe it is to protect the sword from rust and wear like Angeal wanted. IDK. or maybe its just a design that the game creators thought would look cool. lol. who knows.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Er I just answered that question about why Cloud had a bit of a Vincent look..
Vincent is Nomuras favourite created FF character. He wasnt intending to have Vincent in the series at the start so he gave Cloud the cloak and claw of Vincent as an homage so to speak.
But later he did say he will think about it (putting Vincent in that is)

And yes that is most likely the reason, to make it look cool cuz it does doesnt it.

A

Azrael

It is either for decoration, or he doesn't want blood all over Zac's Buster Sword. Ok that last one I was jk.

Well the bandages plus the Buster Sword make one cool ass weapon, can't wait for more FF7 cameos in BBS and KH3!

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I thought Cloud wanted a sort of blood decoration on it. Probably to prevent it from getting more scratched up. You can see scratches on the artwork of him holding his sword for FF7.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Hm if my man Charge says for wear and tear protection, then i shall agree.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
err... i played FFVII and its bandaged up to protect the Buster Sword from "Wear, tear, and rust."
I dont recall the sword being bandaged in FF7 nor was it mentioned that Cloud tried to protect it. Both in the gameplay and the FMVs, its not bandaged.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Zack or Angeal since they're not part of KH, and KH Cloud wouldnt know them. I see where this idea is coming from, but in KH1 sure he bandaged the Buster Sword, yet in KH2, he wields a bandaged First Tsurugi. What has that got to do with Angeal?

Look at Squall. He changed his name to Leon to mask the pain that he felt when he was powerless against the Heartless. Cloud feels the same pain, but doesn't change his name. Rather, he "patches up" his emotions by bandaging his sword, a physical manifestation of his soul.
Thats a very good idea you got there. It's got a good reason behind and fits well in the KH universe. I'll go with what you said. :thumbup:

The_Zero_Heart

Well It Wasnt Bandaged In FF7 So Im Guessing It Might Have Been SOmething That Happned In Previous Years With Sephiroth ??

umm we all know that cloud's buster sword wasn't bandaged up in FF7 since FF7 has nothing to do with KH so that part wasn't needed. and that was a good thought for the bandages representing something that happened to cloud in the past of KH. 15th also makes a good point for how Squall changed his name to Leon to mask his pain and maybe Cloud did the same thing with the bandages on his swords to mask his pain

Chocobo Dyl

sorry for not posting couldn't find the thread :Thumbs up:
well as for the whole Vincent/Cloud thing I read that the clothing had nothing to do with vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back