• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
Why was Cloud dressed the way he was in KH1? Ijust want to hear everybody's opinion on this cause everyone else was dressed the same way as their respective movies. My personal opinion is that Square Enix wanted to include Vincent Valentine in the game, but couldn't.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
You're right. He was too similiar to the other SE characters they already had, so they altered Cloud's look to compensate.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Yup, you're correct. Besides,Nomura said it himself, he wanted Cloud to have a Vincent inspired look and the programmers did just that.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I agree with the Vincent Valentine similarity too. Just a way of Nomura saying, "Here's a piece of Vincent." or rather he wanted Cloud to have an inspired Vincent look. Oh wait, CuteChic just said that. XD I like it by the way, it's definately worth representing him and Vincent! =]

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Yeah, i noticed that awhile ago that he reminde me of vincent because of the claw on his hand and the cape especially, but in kh2 he got his own look

Attemisc

It's exactly what everyone's already said. Nomura originally wanted Vincent Valentine to be in the game, which at the time of KH1 explained his broodingness that was NOT in FF VII, but once Advent Children came out, I just couldn't explain the sudden change from a Cloud that was known for saying "Let's mosey" to a Cloud that barely said a thing at all when he wasn't contemplating his life.

In an homage to the Vincent Valentine Nomura had to leave out of the first Kingdom Hearts, he gave Cloud the red ragged cape and the gold claw.

It's not a singular situation, either. Yuffie was originally supposed to be Rikku, but Rikku's voice actor was too busy recording for Final Fantasy X-2 to record for Kingdom Hearts, so the role was changed to Yuffie. Luckily, Rikku was fit into KH2.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
It's not a singular situation, either. Yuffie was originally supposed to be Rikku, but Rikku's voice actor was too busy recording for Final Fantasy X-2 to record for Kingdom Hearts, so the role was changed to Yuffie. Luckily, Rikku was fit into KH2.

The creators also stated that players would get confused between Riku and Rikku since they both sound the same.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Why was Cloud dressed the way he was in KH1? Ijust want to hear everybody's opinion on this cause everyone else was dressed the same way as their respective movies. My personal opinion is that Square Enix wanted to include Vincent Valentine in the game, but couldn't.
They couldn't get Vincent Valentine in, so they dressed Cloud like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back