• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud Cult

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
l_0a9f19457a194eb185efd2e42bd4fdff.jpg

Cloud Cult is an Indie Pop/Experimental band who is self-published by lead singer Craig Minowa's company "Earthology Records"; a non-profit label which uses all recycled materials for their CDs and printed products (even their HQ is built from reclaimed materials on an organic farm) and donates all profits to environmental charities, the band also tours in a van covered in solar panels and running on bio-diesel fuel.

Stupid bullshit aside, they are pretty fantastic, and you may have unknowingly already heard one of their songs "Lucky Today" on an Esurance commercial. I first encountered them as an opening act currently touring with Margot & The Nuclear So and So's [link], and was enticed by their sound and an unusual promotion of theirs. During every live show Cloud Cult performs they have 2 professional painters behind the band with large canvases, and throughout the performance they request the members of the audience place bids with the event organizers for the finished product, and at the end of the show the highest bidder in the auction gets to keep the painting and the money is donated to charity.

l_bce8437daffdd20a70907afc2a9f3805.jpg

l_01931999404f9b578af8debf3c91d8e3.jpg

Cloud Cult have been around for a long time, but haven't had much of presence up until their 2007 and 2008 albums, "The Meaning of 8" and "Feel Good Ghosts" respectively

Check them out

Esurance - Cloud Cult
Cloud Cult on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Pretty artsy. Since they're obviously very experimental I'll have no problem not getting bored with listening to them.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Since they're obviously very experimental I'll have no problem not getting bored with listening to them.

hey wait a minute

i would be more bored with listening to them because they seem like a bunch of art school drop out fags. i might listen later though.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Yayyyyyy they're from my hometown

I wish I could play violin like Shannon Frid
>:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back