• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud and Sonic Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org
I think this is the best place to put this, I just wanted to give my thought and hear others about it.
I guess once of the biggest things I want to talk about is WHERE Sonic Blade really came from. Like did it have a special reason it was created for Cloud? Or just something cool the developers gave him so that he taught to Sora?? I mean it's not in the original 7 so it just seemed random. But even still, I really love the attack and it seems to fit Cloud, in my opinion anyway.

With that being said, for some reason I always see Sonic Blade/Rave as one of Cloud's "signature" attacks. (well for the KH series anyway.) But I think it'd be pretty cool if they just made it a part of him. Like if they remake 7, I'd love to see it. And it Dissidia I wish it was the full Sonic Blade instead of the Sonic Blade that leads into the air...
This may seem random but I really wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on it.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
sonic blade might have been made for cloud so to make him stand out more compared to his original in ff7 and to zack as well.and that would be awesome to have sonic blade as one of his attacks in a ff7 remake and dissidia. hopefully noruma suggests it in the new dissidia game ^_^.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Sonic Blade first appeared in Kingdom Hearts. Though, in Dissidia, Cloud has a BP attack called Sonic Break that can be chained into Finishing Touch and so on.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
since Cloud's 4th costume is KH themed, i think it's possible they'll add Sonic Blade as his Brave/HP attack .

Z

Zulkir

The middle part of Cloud's Climhazzard limit break from FF7 looks like Sonic Blade(he quickly slides forward and jams his sword into his opponent), so the idea for Sonic Blade in KH may have come from that. Although Climhazzard looks quite different nowadays.

Xenin

Banned
Well that scene in AC was considered Sonic Blade right? The one where he seperates all his blades and charges through his enemy grabbing his blades making it stronger then the last part? (Just curious)
Anyway I think that attack woulda been hard to pull off on turn-base but with free battling it comes easy...I think it's his sig now lol.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
off-topic: what's with these versions by the way? do they mean anything? or is it just like TSMJS Mark III?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The attack was redesigned four times during the development of Advent Children, so that's why it's called that.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
heh so that's why.. with all the revamps, plus the 6th, i guess that right there is Cloud's signature move.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I happen to think that the charging attack that Cloud performs in KH1 is his first limit break Braver... and it seems to me that Sonic blade is linked to that attack, only faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back