• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Clothes color?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I'm not sure if there's a post like this or has been talked about with Nomura, but what's with the color choice in clothing? It's red and black on everyone. Is there a special meaning behind it or are they just messing with us?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well Sora's KH2 outfit had the same colors so it makes sense for it to carry on with his newer clothes. As for HPO, I think they were taking after Roxas for obvious reasons.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Just like how people influenced by Xehanort are signified with yellow eyes, people influenced by Sora are signified with his fashion sense.

Leaferian

Awards
You joke, FudgemintGuardian, but...

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out these were uniforms. The SoD have their black cloaks, and Sora's new outfit was said to be important to the story. Perhaps Sora is running around giving Fairy-made outfits to all of his friends so they can resist the darkness or help out st the end somehow? Original characters like Heinous Pencil Omelet are less important than Guardians of Light I suppose, but I doubt Sora would see it that way. He could be making his own "organization".

ImVentus

Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out these were uniforms. The SoD have their black cloaks, and Sora's new outfit was said to be important to the story. Perhaps Sora is running around giving Fairy-made outfits to all of his friends so they can resist the darkness or help out st the end somehow? Original characters like Heinous Pencil Omelet are less important than Guardians of Light I suppose, but I doubt Sora would see it that way. He could be making his own "organization".

Gee!
Sora must have the power of time if he can do all that while saving the world, for yet another time.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
You joke, FudgemintGuardian, but...

Actually that makes sense if you think about it. I would be okay with this explanation.

Leaferian

Awards
Actually that makes sense if you think about it. I would be okay with this explanation.

Hahahaha, yeah. I mean don't get me wrong, I would not be shocked if it was just "Everybody is suddenly into plaid". And I'd be fine with that!

But there's enough of a spread now that I could totally see Sora delivering cases from the Fairies to his friends.

Gambler

Jokingly, I imagined Sora getting into a fashion designer quirk once he got his new duds. He probably has some weird / esoteric taste for fashion, that's for sure lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Original characters like Heinous Pencil Omelet
*spit take* I think I broke a rib.

I hope there's some story significance to the clothes, because the costumes look way too similar across the board. On the other hand, if there is some significance and even HPO get special clothes, it just again emphasizes that Donald and Goofy are treated as nothing more than background scenery.

Leaferian

Awards
*spit take* I think I broke a rib.

I hope there's some story significance to the clothes, because the costumes look way too similar across the board. On the other hand, if there is some significance and even HPO get special clothes, it just again emphasizes that Donald and Goofy are treated as nothing more than background scenery.

Glad you liked that.

And oh, I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why their Toy Story forms are new outfits with a similar plaid design to Sora's, but here are normal Donald and Goofy looking like they stepped out if KH1

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mean, not really. Roxas's outfit was meant to stand out when placed next to them. HPO's outfits were colorful and full of personality; Roxas's was black and white and kind of plain in comparison. Because Roxas didn't belong.

I meant in terms of color. Red, white, and Black are also part of Roxas' clothes.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I meant in terms of color. Red, white, and Black are also part of Roxas' clothes.

That's what I was talking about as well. Roxas's color scheme was mainly black and white with red and checkered accents. Where HPO are colorful (green, orange, red), he is plain in comparison and it was meant to be a subtle way of showing that he was different and placing emphasis on him. They had those color schemes for a reason to begin with.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
That's what I was talking about as well. Roxas's color scheme was mainly black and white with red and checkered accents. Where HPO are colorful (green, orange, red), he is plain in comparison and it was meant to be a subtle way of showing that he was different and placing emphasis on him. They had those color schemes for a reason to begin with.

I was referring to KH3 HPO taking Roxas colors as symbolic. As a sign that the four of them were friends in the digital twilight town. Guess I should have been more clearer.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I was referring to KH3 HPO taking Roxas colors as symbolic. As a sign that the four of them were friends in the digital twilight town. Guess I should have been more clearer.

Then that means that Sora knows about it too and took on the color just for Roxas's sake. I would get that, and also added for friend protection or just a team color.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Glad you liked that.

And oh, I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why their Toy Story forms are new outfits with a similar plaid design to Sora's, but here are normal Donald and Goofy looking like they stepped out if KH1

I would guess it's because it's Donald Duck and Goofy, and they might not be allowed to change their color scheme depending on what world they are in.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe HPO are the ones who hook Sora up with the new duds or they find them in the Mansion together? I feel like if the fairies were going to give him new clothes, they would have done so while he was at the tower in .2.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Maybe HPO are the ones who hook Sora up with the new duds or they find them in the Mansion together? I feel like if the fairies were going to give him new clothes, they would have done so while he was at the tower in .2.

Maybe that's true and it can be like in KH2, where that's the beginning area of the game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe that's true and it can be like in KH2, where that's the beginning area of the game.

I think it’ll be the second area (at least for Sora) as we know they’re going to Olympus first where Sora has mostly been shown in his KH2 clothes. It makes sense for him to get them in Twilight Town directly following that.

Also, is it foolish to wonder if Donald and Goofy will actually get new outfits, just a bit later in the game? Their clothes in Toy Story just look so different from what they normally wear while Sora’s toy clothes look more or less the same, just stylized slightly different. So maybe Toy Story takes place later in the game than we think and Donald and Goofy will get new clothes before they go there? It’d be a good story reason to grant them some new powers around the halfway point of the game?

I know I’ve been under the impression that Toy Story is an early world but I can’t remember if that’s fact or speculation. I’d rather it and Monster’s Inc be in different portions of the game if they’re the only Pixar movies involved and I’d rather Toy Story be the one to come later in the game.

ImVentus

Awards
Except it has been proved that Olympus is where he gets his new makeover. Somehow he will have that tame haircut and duds introduced before going to TT. Yet, didn't SE say that TT would be the tutorial world?

I'm a little confused about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back