• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[CLOSED]Order Rank Challenge for Rank 13. (Morpheaus vs KHFanatic4565)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Well, since the shift in rankings has occurred, I feel a sudden need to make a vertical shift in positions. This is a challenge to KHFanatic4565 for his position. It's not an arbitrary choice. I'll be making challenges by sevens, from 14, 7, and finally 1.

The setting will be classical space opera and I'm stipulating only science fiction based characters. No magic, ninjas, divine incarnations, etc.

Wayward Lady, a battle carrier and flagship of Her Majesty's 5th Fleet will serve as the battlefield. Wayward Lady and the rest of the Fifth are currently involved in pitched battle with an alien fleet of unknown origin, attempting to destroy the Zero-Point Projector. The ZPP serves as an extra-planetary defense grid for Mars, capital of Her Majesty's United Galactic Kingdom.

I'll be using a relatively new character.

Name: Aurelius

Background: Born on a parallel Earth as different from our own as night from day, Leythaniel was bred to knighthood in the longstanding tradition of his family. He took to the role like a duck to water, flourishing in his studies as well as in the arts of combat. At the age of sixteen, he became the youngest male of the Savard line to earn a knighthood.

Leythaniel quickly earned a reputation for unrivaled gallantry among friend and foe alike. So well respected was he, that many enemies chose to settle their disputes over a pint of ale, instead of at the tip of a blade. However, despite his accomplishments, many of the men and women closest to Leythaniel noted a dark cloud had begin to grow over him. As time passed, he began to show a certain grim countenance and many began to fear the reasons behind such brooding and where it would lead the young knight.

Such fears proved themselves unfounded; in the month before his twentieth-seventh birthday, Leythaniel led a force of knights in a raid against a mad Science-King's deadly army of automatons powered by an otherworldly engine of infernal energies. Although severely outnumbered and faced by an alien power, Leythaniel succeeded in breaking through to the heart of the mad King's forces. In the final moments of pitched battle, the young noble plunged his blade through the heart of his enemy, vanquishing the demented monarch as well as the energies powering his forces.

Tragically, it would be those same energies which would rip Leythaniel from his home dimension and send him spiraling through the space between worlds.

Appearance: Leythaniel stands 6'5” with a lean and athletic build: wide shoulders and narrows hips, akin to a swimmer's physique- a resemblance enhanced by close cropped brown hair. His eyes are an olive color, wide set and complimented by a sharp angular, straight nose, and strong cheekbones. Leythaniel's face is rarely relaxed, his jaw is square and perpetually set between a frown and a bitter grimace.

His clothing is simple, a light, form fitting body suit, thin wrist length gloves, and a modular utility belt . A series of eleven sockets have been surgically implanted within Leythaniel's nervous system at key points, allowing him to literally plug-in a variety of personally developed and tailored hardware. These ports are usually concealed by the plug-ins, which are crafted to appear as small metallic plates. Although, the socket at the base of his spine is easily noticed, often to the discomfort of those who do.

Abilities: Aurelius hails from a parallel world in which chivalry and nobility became a cornerstone of all cultures across the planet and the title of knighthood the highest of honors a man or woman could hope to attain. Because ranged combat became discouraged as ignoble and cowardly, the use of firearms never spread beyond that of a few isolated people's. This does not mean that the development of technology came to a halt, far from it; in fact, the people's of Sir Aurelius home dimension reached unprecedented levels of socio-economic cooperation allowing them to develop technologies beyond that which is available to most of people of our Earth.

Sir Aurelius abilities reflect such advancements. He is beyond peak human condition and has yet to reach his prime. His body, like all knights of his world, has been modified to reduce caloric energy consumption to less than 5%, leaving him with massive amounts of chemical energy. A series of eleven ports have been implanted into key points in his nervous system, allowing Leythaniel to wear specially adapted devices which channel chemical energy, converting it into solid light weaponry and armor via Aurelius's mental command.

Aurelius's preferred method of transportation is an advanced gateway generator which has been grafted to the left-frontal lobe. This device allows him to fold space for quick movement within a 50 yard radius. For travel across greater distances, the device generates a wormhole via mental command.

Due to his highly advanced biology, Aurelius has greater physical prowess than ten men, allowing him to lift greater weights, run faster, and leap farther, for longer periods. Metabolic efficiency also grants a pseudo-healing factor, allowing him to recover from and in some cases shrug of what would otherwise be lethal injuries, though he is by no means immortal.

A recent extra-dimensional conflict resulted in severe internal injuries, leaving Aurelius near death for an extended period of time. Upon recovery, he found himself with little choice but to upgrade his systems. These upgrades include heightened energy projection, synthetic bio-weave laced through his internal organs for added durability, a more powerful sensor suite, and among other things, a small graviton manipulator, allowing for greater maneuverability in both high-gravity and zero-g environments.

Last edited:

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
Re: Order Rank Challenge for Rank 14. (Morpheaus vs KHFanatic4565)

Well this is an honor. I will accept...but also decline.

You see I am still in battle for now the 13th Position. Don't worry though. He will be in checkmate in short order. Until then, if you wish it, we can put this on hold?

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective

Very well. I was operating under the assumption that the two of you had concluded that match due to the two weeks of character inactivity within the thread.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel

Actually he had made an error pertaining to missing the end paragraph of my post. He corrected it a couple days ago. I brought it back yesterday since I could finally get something going with time. The battle will end shortly though.

Aegis

Re: Order Rank Challenge for Rank 13. (Morpheaus vs KHFanatic4565)

Now this I've got to see.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective

Well, I'm still waiting on my opponent to respond with a template.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel

Time has been rather short recently. Once I have time, the template will be placed on this post with an edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back