• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

clearing up a misconception re: hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am not sure about something, so I'd like to ask what you think! I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but here we go.

Xemnas said in DDD that some of the Org members were growing hearts:

KH DDD said:
Xemnas: A heart is never lost for good. There may have been variances in our dispositions, but a number of us unquestionably showed signs of a burgeoning replacement.

I think a lot of people seem to interpret this as meaning that some members like Axel etc actually had hearts. This does match with things like Axel's questions:

KH Days said:
Axel: Roxas...are you really sure that you don't have a heart?

In the Japanese version (in FM+), he is actually asking Roxas whether he thinks Roxas, himself and Namine have hearts. You've also got the 'he made me feel like I had a heart' deathbed confession, as well as lots of non-canon hints in the game novels.

So, it's natural that some people seem to think that Axel grew a new heart of his own over the course of the games through his contact with friendship and with the warriors of light etc

However, an original being is brought back by killing the heartless and nobody, which we know from previous interviews as well as this quote:

KH Re:coded said:
Yen Sid: Xehanort's heart, once seized by his Heartless half, is now free. And his body, which had become his Nobody, has been vanquished. Both halves will now be returned to the whole. In short...this means Master Xehanort will return.

So, if Axel grew a heart, then... what happened when he was reborn as Lea? If Axel grew a heart as a nobody, what happened to his/Lea's original heart that was in a heartless somewhere...?

My interpretation is that perhaps Axel and Roxas (and other Org members idk) did NOT have hearts of their own, they only had what Xemnas said: burgeoning hearts, budding hearts that were never fully realised. In fact, I think that perhaps bringing some of the hurting kids (Roxas, Namine, Xion?) back to their own fully realised existence will involve Sora helping those burgeoning hearts to grow into a full state:

KH DDD said:
Ansem the Wise: Yes. A clue, I hope, to finding yourselves or your lost friends in your hour of need. The heart has always been quick to grow. Each exposure to light, to the natural world, to other people, shapes this most malleable part inside of us. Nobodies are not different from us in that manner. Sora was the only one able to return to his human form without destroying his Nobody. That is a statement to the love in his heart for other people, and the bonds that tie them together. Perhaps...he has the power to bring back the hearts and existences of those connected to him--to recreate people we thought were lost to us forever. Our most precious treasures--even an empty puppet--the trees of the forest, and the petals on the wind--there are hearts around us everywhere we look. And it does not take superhuman powers to see them. Surely we remember as children the way our hearts made everything seem so shiny, and perfect. Sora has a heart like that--uncorrupted, willing to see the good before the bad. When he sees the heart in something, it then becomes real. When a connection seems broken, he may have the power to mend it. He has touched countless hearts, he has accepted them, and he has saved them. And some of those hearts have never left him--whether they fell into darkness or were trapped there--whether they sleep in the darkness of Sora's heart, or were welcomed into its warmth--they can be saved. All Sora needs to do is be himself and follow wherever it is that his heart takes him. It is the best and the only way. The rest is in there.

That aside, Lea being brought back as Lea means that he no longer needs such help, right? He's already back as a complete being (with key-shaped perks to boot lol) So... if Axel was growing a heart, what happened to it? Did it simply merge with Lea's heart when the heart+body fused back together? 'Lea' seems to have both sets of memories, after all...

Is this just something we're not supposed to care about? Or am I missing a crucial detail?

Anyway idk this has probably already been talked about, I just... am a bit lost lol

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I can't think of a better answer than the one you gave yourself. They had started growing hearts, a process which was never completed.

Btw, if a nobody grows a heart, does that mean he becomes a whole being again? Also is that heart similar to the one they lost, or is it a new one?

JustSnilloc

you're right about Lea/Axel's hearts.... You see, if any Organization member grew a heart, it would simply have merged with the somebody's heart upon reconstruction. This i because both hearts are essentially the same. As you may have noticed however, this isn't the case for a nobody like Roxas. Since he had no memories of a life before becoming a Nobody, the heart he eventually grew was nothing like Sora's (he was his own person), thus when his heart met with the reconstruction process, it was not immediately merged.... When you add this to the kindness of Sora's heart, it gives hearts like Roxas's a place to exist

(I'd say more, but I really need to go to sleep, lol)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
JustSnilloc already covered the crucial points of this.
It is again an issue where you cannot compare Roxas or Naminé with normal Nobodies like Axel or Zexion.

Some of them had indeed grown full hearts, Axel, Roxas and Naminé among them.

The quote you brought up from Ansem the Wise also explicitly mentions "bring back the hearts" and Nomura said in the Ultimania that Ansem's data holds the details on how to reconnect lost hearts (while the power gained from the Realm of Sleep by opening the seven sleeping keyholes can be used to wake the reconnected hearts up).
You cannot bring something back that is not there, so at least Roxas, Naminé and Xion need to have hearts already.

Also, this bit:
Did it simply merge with Lea's heart when the heart+body fused back together? 'Lea' seems to have both sets of memories, after all...

Is this just something we're not supposed to care about? Or am I missing a crucial detail?

already answers the question. Axel's newgrown heart and Lea's original heart simply merged together into one, as there was only one sense of self/consciousness present.
Unlike with Roxas/Sora, Naminé/Kairi or Xemnas/Xehanort, there is no difference between Nobody and Somebody for the others in terms of sense of self, it is wholly much the same, so only one heart is needed and they merge together into one completely, leaving the reconstructed being with both memory sets accessible and each treated as their own.

Awards
Btw, if a nobody grows a heart, does that mean he becomes a whole being again?

I think this question gets to the heart -lol- of the matter.
For hearts, we now know that they're not just simply there or not, they can exist in gradual states of development.

But existence itself operates on an all-or-none principle. You either exist or you don't, I really don't think there are stages in-between. Because that'd open the door to a lot of issues about what we could even consider to be a Nobody, the definition would get too muddy. Plus we know that Nobodies have a distinct "smell" to them, so you'd figure that someone like Riku could detect that these ones with burgeoning hearts are in a state of semi-existence.

I do think that, were they able to grow fully functioning hearts, that they'd be whole as new and complete existences. I mean, Xemnas wanted to achieve that goal by inserting hearts externally, why would the internal creation of a heart not have the same effect?

With that said, then, I don't think any grew complete hearts, because I don't think they'd be Nobodies anymore. With Roxas, it's a bit more complicated when you consider Ven's heart. At the very least, he's got two incomplete hearts in him, but I guess this is a case where two halves don't necessarily make a whole.

But yeah, Xemnas does say "burgeoning" replacements and not just plain old replacements, so we don't have any reason to believe that these new hearts were complete. And as suggested, I think that these half-hearts would basically just be absorbed by the original's heart.
Though that does make me wonder what would have happened if, say, Axel had gained a complete heart and a complete existence. It seems odd that Lea would just... absorb all of that and essentially take away someone else's existence, but I mean that's what he pretty much did anyway (he took Axel's... what's a good word to use here... identity? even though it isn't his own. Like Axel's persona and memories live on through Lea even though they're not technically the same).

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
With Roxas, it's a bit more complicated when you consider Ven's heart. At the very least, he's got two incomplete hearts in him, but I guess this is a case where two halves don't necessarily make a whole.

Roxas didn't have hearts inside him, he's a Nobody.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Then how can Roxas be a Nobody if he had a body + heart?
Sora had Ven's heart inside of him at the time he was turned into a Heartless/Roxas was born. Ven's heart went with Sora's body and formed Roxas.

In DDD we learned that the Organization all had the possibility of growing new hearts in place of the ones they lost. They're still Nobody's.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora had Ven's heart inside of him at the time he was turned into a Heartless/Roxas was born. Ven's heart went with Sora's body and formed Roxas.

Do we have confirmation on this?

Cause this theory collides with what we know of Nobodies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

It "collides" with what we knew in KH2 maybe. However, every entry since KH2 has added to the mythos of the series.

goldpanner's OP even has the quote from DDD where we learned that Nobodies had the ability to develop new hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The entire game of Dream Drop Distance maybe?
Xemnas' explanation and Ansem the Wise's explanation?

This isn't a theory, this is fact!

What we "know" of Nobodies (I guess you mean the stuff from KH2 about Nobodies having no hearts) is revealed to be a conspiracy in DDD orchestrated by Xigbar and Xemnas on Xehanort's orders in Dream Drop Distance.

Normal Nobodies do indeed have no heart at the beginning, but they can grow a new one if the circumstances are right, and beside that Roxas never was a normal Nobody. He was always a special case and the question if he can truly feel and has a heart was there even since KH2 itself.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It "collides" with what we knew in KH2 maybe. However, every entry since KH2 has added to the mythos of the series.

goldpanner's OP even has the quote from DDD where we learned that Nobodies had the ability to develop new hearts.

No I meant the bit about Ven's heart going into the bodyof Sora and forming Roxas. Is that confirmed officially?

The way I have it in my mind is; Ven's heart (unlike Kairi's) was inside Sora's heart. So whatever happened to Sora's heart happened to Ven's without the two separating. Ven's heart stayed with Sora's in the heartless when Sora stabbed himself, but it never "left". Similarly, Roxas shares characteristics with both Sora + Ven cause the heart of Sora was already a combination of the two.

EDIT: guys, you are responding to a question I never asked.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Some of them had indeed grown full hearts, Axel, Roxas and Naminé among them.

Does it say this, though? This is the 'misconception' I was talking about. It seems that lots of people on this forum believe that they had full grown hearts, when I can't find in the game where it says this. It says burgeoning hearts, and then there are dots to join in the other games that could point to anything from burgeoning hearts to full ones.

Especially when you take into consideration that the 'heart' Roxas was supposed to have was said in interviews to have been Ven's, not 'Ven's + an extra one of his own'. Unless I've forgotten or missed something.

You cannot bring something back that is not there, so at least Roxas, Naminé and Xion need to have hearts already.

Yes, but Ansem was also describing Terra, Aqua and Ven, who have very different situations and were fully realised people from birth (depending on whether you think post-split Ven is the same guy as before lol idek). So it's not 100% clear that Roxas, Namine and Xion have hearts. Especially considering that we don't yet know whether the methods for bringing all six back will be the same.

I mean, look at Axelea! He came back all on his own, despite being one of the 'tormented' people shown in Re:coded!

there is no difference between Nobody and Somebody for the others in terms of sense of self, it is wholly much the same, so only one heart is needed

That does make sense if you think that memories are the main basis for a sense of self. In those cases there is only one chain of memories--when the Other dies, the Nobody simply picks up the slack and adds memories to the chain until they die, and then when the Other returns they pick up where it left off.

I can interpret Axel and Lea this way, anyway. But I also actually don't truly believe that memories are all there is to a sense of self. It's been shown numerous times in the series that selves, hearts and memories are elements of a bigger picture but not the same thing. I believe that the choices Axel made when he existed as a Nobody would have been different to the choices Lea would have made had he been alive at the time, mostly due to the lack of a heart, partly due to the change in being reborn as a different type of creature of a different realm, partly from different values. Idk, I don't want to get too existential about it OR argue about it cause I am probs not going to change my mind lol

What I do want to talk about is, I'm not sure whether the series has enough grounding for me to believe straight away that Axel and Lea's hearts merged simply because they shared memories. The only example of hearts actually merging I can think of were Ven and Sora, and despite some small effects on each other they remained separate people in terms of sense of self. So, again, is this 'hearts merging' thing something forum people have decided and are now touting as confirmed truth, or has it been actually stated to have happened?

I do think that, were they able to grow fully functioning hearts, that they'd be whole as new and complete existences. I mean, Xemnas wanted to achieve that goal by inserting hearts externally, why would the internal creation of a heart not have the same effect?

Yes, that's what I also think. It also seemed to be the core of the half-truth he was selling the Org members. It didn't seem that he was offering to return their old Other's hearts, but to give them a newly-created heart of their very own.

Though that does make me wonder what would have happened if, say, Axel had gained a complete heart and a complete existence. It seems odd that Lea would just... absorb all of that and essentially take away someone else's existence, but I mean that's what he pretty much did anyway (he took Axel's... what's a good word to use here... identity? even though it isn't his own. Like Axel's persona and memories live on through Lea even though they're not technically the same).

Yes, I also think this. Like... I believe that the consciousness known as Axel is basically dead. His objective memories now influence someone else's sense of self (the way Sora and the Riku Replica were by memories of Namine, but more organically, perhaps the way Roxas may have been by memories of Kairi) but he himself doesn't exist any more. ("Meet again in the next life" ahhh)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

BBS Ultimania:

Q1: Why do Roxas and Ventus look alike?
A: Because inside Sora, which is Roxas' body, is Ventus' heart.

Q3: Is it possible that Roxas has a heart?
A: It is thought that it could be Ventus' heart.

In KHII FM there were clues to him having a heart, and in Days we saw Roxas crying--proof that he could have a heart. As was said in Q1, he has taken a lot of himself from Ventus. But perhaps when Sora and Roxas were separated, Ventus' heart stayed in Roxas?

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora's and Ventus' keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus' as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.

So basically, Sora carried Ven's heart inside him all his life, until he stabbed himself to release Kairi. Kairi's heart came out (hi Namine), Sora's heart came out (hi, Roxas), but Ven's heart stayed inside the body.

The body was reborn as Roxas, broken baby Ven heart still sleeping hidden inside. This doesn't collide with what we know about Nobodies, because Ven or not, Roxas was still born from Sora and would have existed either way. Holding a broken heart inside him was just an accident.

It made Roxas look like Ven on the outside, but had no other impact on him (as the heart was still broken and asleep) until Xion's death shook him so badly he connected to that heart through sheer emotion and then he was able to use Ven's keyblade. (Until then he had been using Sora's keyblade, as he and Sora share a heart.)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Does it say this, though? This is the 'misconception' I was talking about. It seems that lots of people on this forum believe that they had full grown hearts, when I can't find in the game where it says this. It says burgeoning hearts, and then there are dots to join in the other games that could point to anything from burgeoning hearts to full ones.

Yes, but Ansem was also describing Terra, Aqua and Ven, who have very different situations and were fully realised people from birth (depending on whether you think post-split Ven is the same guy as before lol idek). So it's not 100% clear that Roxas, Namine and Xion have hearts. Especially considering that we don't yet know whether the methods for bringing all six back will be the same.

I mean, look at Axelea! He came back all on his own, despite being one of the 'tormented' people shown in Re:coded!

Here:
Sora: You know, right, because you all have hearts! Axel and Roxas and Naminé, and that other girl. I felt what Roxas felt and... they laughed together, got mad, and they grieved. You have to have a heart to cry.

Xigbar: It's about time you noticed.

glossary said:
Hearts Tied to Sora
Not long after Sora was born, his heart connected with that of a boy named Ventus. Ventus's heart had been torn apart, but Sora saved him by sharing a part of his own.
Several years later, three young Keyblade wielders—Terra, Aqua, and Ventus—found themselves embroiled in a battle with Master Xehanort. In their travels, Master Aqua and Terra both met Sora and his best friend, Riku. Sora promised Aqua to keep Riku on the right path, while Riku made a secret promise with Terra. Not long after, Terra became a vessel for Master Xehanort, and Aqua vanished into the realm of darkness. As for Ventus, he shattered his own heart to protect his friends and returned to Sora's heart, where he sleeps to this day.
Years later, after Sora got older, he unknowingly hid his friend Kairi's heart inside his own to protect it. When Sora became a Heartless, he also inadvertently gave form to Kairi's Nobody, Naminé, while creating his own Nobody, Roxas.
Another being was also created: a replica named Xion. Xion was formed from Sora's memories of Kairi, and she had the power to copy Roxas.
Ultimately, Xion and Naminé realized their place and guided the pieces back where they belonged; Naminé returned to Kairi's heart, and Xion and Roxas returned to Sora's.
Many hearts have touched Sora's, and those connections remain—but their stories end in sadness, a sadness in which they still sleep.

I don't see what more confirmation you need.
The entry says clearly Hearts tied to Sora and not something else.
The last sentence clearly is meant for all of them, not just Terra, Aqua and Ven.

Some things are never outright said and still be confirmed otherwise.
Yet on this Nomura (totally out of character for him) choose to be pretty blunt in the Ultimania as well in addition to the above:
— It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart.
Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title.

And you still make the mistake to compare Roxas and Naminé with Axel/Lea or any of the other normal Nobodies. With those two (and Xemnas) there are different senses of self in the mix.
Not to mention Nomura already confirmed that Axel's/Lea's case is different than the others.
The point is not who was shown in Re: Coded (that was an error anyways, Ansem the Wise should have been there instead of Axel) but who called Sora's name in Blank Points.
Those are the seven tormented ones relying on Sora, and Axel didn't call Sora's name.

As for Ventus, of course he was the same guy before and after the split. A part of his heart got broken off and eventually got to be a heart of its own, Vanitas also has an own sense of self different from Ventus.
In fact, Birth by Sleep was the first Ultimania where Nomura openly spoke about "hearts being formed" when talking about Ven's status just after Sora saved him. Ven's heart was still there, but not fully formed because of the damage done by Xehanort.

That does make sense if you think that memories are the main basis for a sense of self. In those cases there is only one chain of memories--when the Other dies, the Nobody simply picks up the slack and adds memories to the chain until they die, and then when the Other returns they pick up where it left off.

I can interpret Axel and Lea this way, anyway. But I also actually don't truly believe that memories are all there is to a sense of self. It's been shown numerous times in the series that selves, hearts and memories are elements of a bigger picture but not the same thing. I believe that the choices Axel made when he existed as a Nobody would have been different to the choices Lea would have made had he been alive at the time, mostly due to the lack of a heart, partly due to the change in being reborn as a different type of creature of a different realm, partly from different values. Idk, I don't want to get too existential about it OR argue about it cause I am probs not going to change my mind lol

What I do want to talk about is, I'm not sure whether the series has enough grounding for me to believe straight away that Axel and Lea's hearts merged simply because they shared memories. The only example of hearts actually merging I can think of were Ven and Sora, and despite some small effects on each other they remained separate people in terms of sense of self. So, again, is this 'hearts merging' thing something forum people have decided and are now touting as confirmed truth, or has it been actually stated to have happened?

Yes, that's what I also think. It also seemed to be the core of the half-truth he was selling the Org members. It didn't seem that he was offering to return their old Other's hearts, but to give them a newly-created heart of their very own.

Yes, I also think this. Like... I believe that the consciousness known as Axel is basically dead. His objective memories now influence someone else's sense of self (the way Sora and the Riku Replica were by memories of Namine, but more organically, perhaps the way Roxas may have been by memories of Kairi) but he himself doesn't exist any more. ("Meet again in the next life" ahhh)

What else would be the main base? As Ansem the Wise pointed out: Experiencing the world, nature, the light and connect with others also add to it, it's all a mixture.
Xemnas also talked in the Grid about how tightly linked the memories and the heart are. One could say that memories are the most important "ingredient" for the heart, and Marluxia wanted Naminé to "completely erase" all of Sora's memories so he could "mold" him into something more of his own liking in CoM.

Xehanort's and Terra's hearts also merged, as did Eraqus' with Terra's, and yet they remained all independent from each other because they're different consciousnesses/senses of self from the start, just like Sora and Ventus were. Axel and Lea aren't really that different, and while memories are not all that defines a sense of self, they indeed form the base.
Xemnas also spoke of convincing the mind of test subjects in their experiments to renounce their own sense of self, meaning essentially brainwashing someone into believing that they are not anymore "them" at all.

Looking over Ultimania and Famitsu stuff again, I cannot find a flat out statement that the new and original heart merged (or rather fused) into one, but it seems to be the most easily explainable thing on how why Lea has Axel-memories.

That was already confirmed in a Famitsu interview in July 2009:
–The initial members of the Organization abandoned their hearts intentionally? Why, now, do they collect hearts?

Nomura: The reason is to have a ‘complete existence.’ KH1’s Ansem (Xehanort, stealing this name) had a purpose, and realizing that he had transcended being a human, turned into a Heartless. Xemnas remembers that purpose, but as a Nobody, ‘an empty shell,’ collects hearts to become complete. The other members of the Organization have their own expectations, but are there mainly for the purpose of collecting hearts to complete Kingdom Hearts, as only Xemnas stared ahead and made it a priority. It is natural that Nobodies, who do not have hearts, demand hearts, though it may seem that Sora’s defeating them is unnecessary, the Organization members don’t look for their own hearts, but collect many from unspecified persons, and use them instead, placing the hearts in a situation where they cannot go back to their origin.

They really weren't looking for their own old hearts, but in the light of that except the with the special Nobodies there were no differences in sense of self for the other Nobodies it doesn't really matter in the end.

Why would the consciousness of Axel be "dead" if it is basically the same as Lea's anyways? Like you said, only one chain of memories that was expanded under a different name for some time. In contrast to Naminé and Roxas who started a whole new chain because there wasn't anything to add to as their "originals" continued to exist on their own. There was no transfer, but with Lea there was since he was strong enough to "continue on" as a Nobody.
The way you word it sounds practically like Axel and Lea were two different entities.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Hmmm... i pretty sure i understand this but one thing still bothers me; if Roxas and Co. were able to develop full hearts of their own what would happen if they defeated. What would happen to the heart they created if say their initial heartless wasn't defeated. do they still classify as an "empty shell"? can they use the created heart to form more heartless? or even create a nobody from themselves?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
So basically, Sora carried Ven's heart inside him all his life, until he stabbed himself to release Kairi. Kairi's heart came out (hi Namine), Sora's heart came out (hi, Roxas), but Ven's heart stayed inside the body.

The body was reborn as Roxas, broken baby Ven heart still sleeping hidden inside. This doesn't collide with what we know about Nobodies, because Ven or not, Roxas was still born from Sora and would have existed either way. Holding a broken heart inside him was just an accident.

It made Roxas look like Ven on the outside, but had no other impact on him (as the heart was still broken and asleep) until Xion's death shook him so badly he connected to that heart through sheer emotion and then he was able to use Ven's keyblade. (Until then he had been using Sora's keyblade, as he and Sora share a heart.)

Thanks! this whole response defies logic in my opinion, but since it's official...

I actually think that right now they are pulling whatever crap they want in the name of convenience with Sora-Roxas-Ven and they are blaming it on Roxas being a "special Nobody". I mean, Ven's heart could easily have sought another heart to join since Sora's was gone. Since it's damaged and asleep the last place you'd expect it to go is an empty vessel, right? it's supposed to be looking for life-support.

Revision: ...and Ven did not create a heartless/nobody cause
(a) his heart was unaffacted (like Kairi's) and
(b) he had a pure heart

Am I getting this right?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thanks! this whole response defies logic in my opinion, but since it's official...

I actually think that right now they are pulling whatever crap they want in the name of convenience with Sora-Roxas-Ven and they are blaming it on Roxas being a "special Nobody". I mean, Ven's heart could easily have sought another heart to join since Sora's was gone. Since it's damaged and asleep the last place you'd expect it to go is an empty vessel, right? it's supposed to be looking for life-support.
I don't see how it makes more sense for an injured heart to go out and seek another vessel, instead of staying right where it was.

(b) he had a pure heart

Am I getting this right?
No. Ven's heart didn't create a Nobody because Ven's heart stayed within Sora's body.

Kairi had a pure heart of light and she still created a Nobody when her heart left Sora's body.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

(b) he had a pure heart

Am I getting this right?

Could you elaborate what exactly defies logic there?

And no, Ven's heart could NOT seek out another heart to join. If you watch "Where the heart goes", the last part of the regular ending of Birth by Sleep, you'll see that the sole reason Ventus' wounded heart was even able to get into Sora's heart was because of their tightly-knit Heart connection that was formed when Sora first saved him in the Prologue.
Sora felt Ven's pain from getting his heart shattered a second time and reached out to him, guiding Ven's heart with his voice inside his own heart.
Ven's heart also didn't get left inside Sora's body by choice. It's because it is injured and asleep that it won't go "looking" for something. It's incapable of doing so.

Since Sora's heart was restored very shortly afterwards and always connected with Roxas, Ventus again had his "anchor" through their connection.

As for Ven having no Nobody, yep, that's right. You can add on top of that also the further reason that his heart was asleep and inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back