• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Classical music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...DOES DANNY ELFMAN COUNT. *brick'd*

I love orchestra-ed music, but I don't really have a favorite classical composer. Anything with violin is great, though. VIOLIN IS AWESOME! 83 *coughguesswhosaviolinistcough* Yann Tiersen is really gewd, thoughhhhh.

Elorah

Awards
I was never really into classical music until I joined the school orchestra/chamber group. Now i like it a lot more =)

We recently did some pieces by Haydn and they were pretty cool. We also did some pieces by Tchaikovsky and Chopin. I don't really think I have a favourite composer though.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
...DOES DANNY ELFMAN COUNT. *brick'd*

I love orchestra-ed music, but I don't really have a favorite classical composer. Anything with violin is great, though. VIOLIN IS AWESOME! 83 *coughguesswhosaviolinistcough* Yann Tiersen is really gewd, thoughhhhh.

I think Vivaldi has a lot more works with Violin that most I've heard. Personally, I'm a fan of Piano.

Elorah, Haydn is actually a good composer, as well. I like some of his work.

Lunar Knight

American Person
I don't have a favorite composer. If I like it, then I'll listen to it, obviously.

I enjoy listening to the piano and violin.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Stravinsky FOH DA WIN!!!!!!ZOMGLOLZOMG (W00TW00TW00T!!11111111!!!!!)

Seriously, even though I get the feeling of DEATH-boredom from some of his works, his image of awesome-ness never passes me by. His orchestrations are some of the most arse-kicking things I've ever heard. Sitting here just now, head-banging to Petrouchka. Earlier today, sat digging to The Rite of Spring, and my head is blow off leik EVRY TAIM D00D. And be sure aware of that I like it. Extreme dissonance and all-encompassing atonality is great, I tell you.

Yes, Stravinsky's my current obsession. I've also had some affairs with Ravel (whose orchestrations are also win), Tchaikovsky (The first-movement motif of the Pathetique is pure gorgeousity, as are most of the ballets) Borodin (Polovtsian Dances = haaaaawt. As well as Central Asias Steppes), Mussorgsky (Pictures at an Exhibition holds up quite well), Alfven (swedish fellow, you have most likely not heard of him), Dvorak (The Water Goblin and From the New World are greatness) and, Carl Orff, with my almost currently favourite classical work, Carmina Burana (Ave Formosissima; Fortune Plango Vulnera; Veni, Veni, Venias; In Trutina; Tempus est Iocundum; and to be classic, O Fortuna. YES, HE WON, THAT FELLOW.).

Currently hitting on Rachmaninoff as well. Will be great seeing what he has to offer. Starting with Isle of the Dead (because, well, it sounds coolest).

... I've been waiting for this thread, you know.

EDITNESS: Oops, forgot. Bach is extremity of music. So, uh... me likes Bach. Bach. Bach. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, Bach. Bach. ... Yeah.

Last edited:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I love classical (and instrumentall) music more than any group/singer that I can think of. Although, I don't listen to it as often as I should. I don't know if this counts, but I'm into several orchestral musical pieces from movies and/or games. Such artists include Harry Gregson-Williams, Hanz Zimmer, Koh Otani, and yes, John Williams.

And I am also in love with Bach. Listen to Little Fugue in G minor, it rox.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
So, who else listens to Classical music? If so, who's your favorite composer?

I, personally, like Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, and a bit of Beethoven. Yann Tiersen is good, too. It's a shame he isn't more popular.

also itt share yur classical music sources plz

Yann Tiersen is pretty popular... at least with the french =/ lol im into all types of music, so yes of course i love classical too, too many composers to name, from old classical to new type i got it

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Big fan of Purcell whom were currently covering for our coursework.
I love Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky , Bach and Vivaldi.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I love Classical, as for I'm in a Symphony Orchestra.

My fave composers are Tchakoivsky, Chopin, & Vivaldi.
However; as for the music of today; Nobuo Uematsu. I love his work.
and Yoko Shimomura.

Carbunkel

Dude, Dionisis, awesome New Age composer. : D

"Running Away" is a good piece of his. As for the earlier composers, I've got to say that Rossini is my favorite. "The Barber of Seville" was awesome.

I also like Hadyn ( all his pieces are so happy : D) and Tchaikovsky. The Queen of Spades is probably my favorite Opera of his.

Wallflower

Website

This person is immense win. Seriously. I listened to his Mark Of Innocence album on YouTube.

Beautiful. There were literally points were I was tearing up.

Know where I could, maybe, download his stuff? I'm searching him on all my music sources (don't have limewire. I have to deal with musgle, skreemr, etc.), and nobody has any of his stuff.

Carbunkel

Know where I could, maybe, download his stuff? I'm searching him on all my music sources (don't have limewire. I have to deal with musgle, skreemr, etc.), and nobody has any of his stuff.

Well, there's iTunes; however, I just recorded it. I can give you the entire album if you want.

Wallflower

Website
Preferably.

Rapidshare, putfile... Whichever's cool. Thanks, yo. ^-^

I'm looking into the more popular composers (Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, etc, etc.)

Y'know, some pretty good stuff in there. Vivaldi's still big on my list, but Rachmaninoff's moving up.

Also, Shostakovich, anyone? I've been DLing his stuff, and he's pretty good. A bit boring, but talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back