• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
"Right, we do need to talk to those in charge first to get to the bottom of this before Vicky's dragon friend to cause mayhem and destruction. I'll be good to teleport, when we're within city limits, yeah. We may have to leave Junie behind, because it requires a whole lot of magic to transport something as uh... " I stopped mid-sentence, trying to think of a kinder word than large, fat, or big to describe Junie's size and felt my face flush in embarrassment. Coughing momentarily to cover up my embarrassment. "It'll be faster with two of us and instant transportation is better on humans and elves than animals." Give yourself a big pat on the back for coming up with that on the spot. Hopefully Mary didn't notice or take offense in any way. Junie is a lovely pegasus. Most of the time. So glad nobody can hear the thoughts inside of my head.

Upon hearing Mary's joke about heights, Jeri couldn't help keeping the grin off of her face. "A little too late for that, don't ya think? Pursuing dragons in mid-air and nearly choking to death in rescuing Junie has cured my fear of heights." Glancing down at the tree tops, she couldn't help shaking her head. "And I got caught up in the heat of the moment with you, so I trusted you and Junie to keep me from plummeting to my death." I chuckled at that as I watched Mary twist around in her seat to look at me. The innocence of her question caught me off guard until I felt myself nodding before my mind or words could catch up with me. I tugged my glove off of my tiger's paw and held it out for her to touch, carefully reminding myself to relax -- to prevent any mishaps from feeling startled. "I can't remember if I told you this, but I'm part elf and that's why I was born with this." I twisted my claw left and right a little, staring at it with a soften expression. "I've been told it's rare and it can also cause a bounty on my head, if the right people heard about it." The truth of my words hit home to me in my chest as I thought back to the dragon's egg. I'm no different. Anyone with a blacken heart full of greed would take me prisoner and showcase me off for all to see for something rare as this. I shouldn't stand in Victoria's way - I'd want someone like her to rescue me. At those exact words, I couldn't help my eyes from drifting onto Mary's face and realized what I had to do to buy time for the dragon's egg to be retrieved.

I put on a brave face as I looked down at the nearing castle and town of Blueshire. "Mary, promise me you'll keep the citizens safe and help Vicky get the dragon's egg, if the egg is really here. We'll need to find Victoria eventually when we land, because we're going to help her get it back after interrogating those in charge about the artifact and try to prevent a war." Bottom line is, I won't let Blueshire go to war. Not if I could help it.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Sure! It's not a problem, really. And to be honest, this festival is kinda a big deal for us all but it doesn't mean I can't stand by and not help my citizens out."
"Well that was easy," William whispered to Sally as their new friend made his way through the square.
"That's what they're here for right? Helping poor fools like you?"
"Who're you calling a fool, you oversized matchstick?!" Sally stuck her tongue out in response while Alex giggled at the squabbling.
"You're like siblings," she told them happily before they followed behind
Pietro. As much as William wanted to stop and gawk at the festivities, he knew they couldn't yet. Especially when they had gotten someone to actually make the effort to get them into the Magical Library. If they let this chance slip loose, they might not get another one like it. Plus when this was all over William could try and squeeze himself into the Sword Guild's ranks. His fighting style wasn't very traditional, but he had heard stories of fighters with unorthodox styles making great progress inside the Guild. Taking what they already knew and adding that into a strong foundation would lead to a unique fighter.
"Where on Earth did you find that and why do you think the Mages at the Library will help you when you've got one with you. Am I right?"
"She says she found it in the forest or something," Sally answered. Will was thankful; he had only half listened and would have had to ask him to repeat himself. "We have no idea what it is and her family thought the Library could help us out."
"Plus it glowed when we got into town. If that isn't freaky, I don't know what is."
"I also don't think I would have been much help. I'm a self-taught mage hanging out with a self-taught swordsman. I was an apprentice to someone who had no relation to the Magical Libraries. Hell, I've never even set foot in one." Does that make me an illegal mage? she thought to herself. The Library was supposed to log every magic user within its jurisdiction, which she basically just admitted to never doing. "...Let's keep that a secret between us four, alright?" Rex the dog let out a low bark. "Alright, us five! You happy?" Another bark, this time higher pitched.

The group walked through the town and eventually exited it through the other end. There was a winding cobbled road leading them through some trees, and eventually they reached the Magical Library. The large building that stood in front of them had Will dumbstruck. It was massive, at least twice the size of the Sword Guild's main building (a square two story building with a walled-off courtyard for training) and the towering flight of stairs that led up to it made William tired just looking at it. Did all the mages really walk all the way up there? Some looked so scrawny they could barely carry their books let alone lug them up this mountain. The building itself was largely square, though the four corners had circular towers that were taller than the center of the Library. They could see fires burning at the top of each of the towers: one red, blue, yellow, and green.
"I thought we were supposed to take a port-point portal thing to get to the Library," Will whispered to Sally.
"We must have gotten it mixed up with some other story or something," She responded quietly before Pietro listed off various pieces of advice.
"Hands to yourself," Will summarized, "got it." The climb up the massive stairway was surprisingly short, and it took less than a minute to reach the top. "We got up here really quick, didn't we?" He asked aloud.
"It's magic," the mage answered, "It only looks like the stairs were super tall but it's probably only a few feet off the ground."
"I'll take your word for it."
"I can push you down the stairs to prove it if you want."
"That's exactly why I said I'd take your word for it."

Despite being called the Magical Library, the building was far more than a keeping area for books. Once the door had closed behind the group, blue flames flickered to life against the walls above them and illuminated their path. Even at the entrance, books lined the walls and Sally was skeptical about their contents. Surely these were just decoration? Like hollowed out pieces of plastic that were molded into the shapes of books? She pulled a green tome off the shelf and opened it before reading a passage out loud:
"The temperature needed to extract the micro-chemicals from a Turquoise Tear Toad is 107 degrees Fahrenheit, or 42 degrees Celsius." William shuttered at the thought of boiling a whole toad and yanked the book from her before putting it back into its slot. They walked down the hall but stopped as they entered the next room. It was almost like the hub of an ordinary Library. Just like a real library, there was a desk in the center of the wide circular room though two large curved staircases were just behind it. The majority of the railings were painted white but the top sections were golden, giving off a majestic impression. There were towering bookcases on both floors and the staircases seemed to go on forever as they twirled from floor to floor.
"This place is huge," William said as they reached the receptionist. The few people that were around were all wearing robes and a few even sported pointed hats, which cemented the fact that--aside from Sally--they didn't belong here. Will tried to keep his mind off the stares they were getting and instead looked at Alex. She had been quiet this whole time and he wanted to make sure she was alright. Before he could ask, however, Pietro handed them all passes for the Library.
"It's unusual to let non-mages in," the receptionist told them, but we'll be making an exception today.

But still, where would they start? How were they supposed to know where to go?
"Why don't we ask the receptionist for help, Will?" It was as if Sally had peered right into his thoughts.
"What can I do for you?" the woman behind the counter asked.
"We need someone to examine something for us," the fire-head answered.
"An analysis? Third floor, first room on your left," the woman pointed at the staircase to her left before returning to the book she was reading. Following her advice, the party climbed up and entered the first room they found, but were confused. Inside was a small room furnished with a coffee table, a sofa, and a fireplace with white fire.
"Did we mess up?"
"I hate this place!" Sally hissed, "I've only been here ten minutes and I hate it. It's so sterile and quiet and we're already lost! ...Wait. Hold on," she walked toward the fireplace and held her hands toward it. A second later, Sally jumped into the fireplace and disappeared. It was all William could do to not scream his head off but she reappeared a moment later. "It's like a teleporter," she explained easily, "come on, jump right in!" Will watched as his friend vanished a second time and looked towards Pietro.
"You first, bud," he grinned.

The other side was much different than the area they had just left. Instead of the dull walls of the Library, they were greeted with a sterile white coating of paint. The materials used were different as well, it was almost as if the walls were made out of metal. Metallic counters lined the corners, some with faucets and sinks, others with examining instruments. A large table was in the middle of the room however unlike the light grey counter tops, it shone a steel color. Pure metal. A group of mages sat around it on stools looking bored, but their eyebrows rose as the group entered. A long eared man in green robes rose from his seat and approached them.
"Welcome to the Library's labs," he told them before his eyes landed on Alexis, or rather, the large stone she continued to hold on to. "Young lady? Where did--"
"What is this?" Alexis urged, holding the stone towards the elf. He took it from her gently, and tears formed in her eyes. It hurt to give it up, but this was the whole reason she was here. The man took the stone back to his colleges and while Sally and Alexis followed behind, William held on to Pietro's shoulder, holding him back.
"Hey, bud--Pietro. I got a favor to ask," Will waited for him to face him before continuing. "I know you've already done a lot for us. Just getting in here would have been impossible for us three on our own. But there's something else I hope you can help me with," he let out a short breath before continuing. "Sally and I have been traveling all over the place and we've seen different people of different skills through Blueshire. But I haven't had any official training or anything like that. I was really hoping you'd be able to put a word in for me in the Sword Guild. I've been interested in joining for a while and have waited until I reached Azure to make my attempt. I understand if you don't want to throw your name in for me, but I figure it would help my chances."

The table continued to murmur as the three mages inspected the rock. One female held the top portion, her eyes closed. The other female inspected it with a magnifying glass. The elf who had handled it spoke to Alexis and Sally. He asked about the stone and nodded every time Alexis stuttered, skipped words, or misspoke in general. A few minutes later, the three gathered around the stone and conversed quietly. Finally, they faced the group.
"I can't believe I'm about to say this," the elven man said, "but what you have here is a dragon egg."
---

Mary watched as Jeri removed her glove. Even though she said she was fine with the elevation, Mary still urged the pegasus closer to the cloud line, just as an extra precaution. Once the orange claw was revealed, the Lancer couldn't help but light rub the fur.
"Soft," she mumbled to herself. She checked under the claw and-- "paw pads!" she lightly pressed against the bits of flesh, intrigued by them. "Hey, this doesn't hurt, does it?" She asked as she eyed the small section where the claws exited from. The idea that Jeri could be hunted for her hand had never crossed her mind, but it made sense. "I gotta admit, this is really cool. I've never seen anything like this, not even with magic. Aside from, you know, chimeras and stuff like that," Mary decided to stop talking at that point. She wouldn't want Jeri to think she had just been compared to a monster. "Thanks for showing me again. I hope I'm not being a bother."

Maryanne returned to her normal sitting position as they neared Azure.

"Mary, promise me you'll keep the citizens safe and help Vicky get the dragon's egg, if the egg is really here. We'll need to find Victoria eventually when we land, because we're going to help her get it back after interrogating those in charge about the artifact and try to prevent a war."
"Of course," she answered, "Blueshire might not be my home anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just stand and do nothing. Besides, with the two of us we can easily put a stop to this." Mary tried to sound optimistic, but things were far from clear. It would take a bit of work to even figure out what was really happening in this city." The pair landed, once again causing many of the citizens to gape at them, completely unaccustomed to seeing a real pegasus. "So do you need a specific place to...do the...tele..." Mary peered into the crowd. Someone had caught her eye as she slid down Junie and she kept her gaze trained on him as she helped Jeri down. It was a man in a red cloak, the hood of which was drawn up, making it difficult to see his face. "...Gimme a sec," Mary told her before ducking into the crowd. It took less than a minute for her voice to ring out: "Got ya!" Junie easily trotted to her master, whom was holding on to the neck segment of the man's cloak. She yanked the hood down, but the man quickly placed it back.
"What is wrong with you?!" The dark skinned man hissed. He looked to be a few years older than Mary, and his black hair was parted down the middle, a way commonly seen with royalty. "Do you have any idea what'll happen if I'm found here?"
"Yeah! Imagine you sneaking out without your guards! That would be quite the hubbub, huh mister 'lionheart?'"
"Don't call me that, Maryanne," the man bit into a baked good he was holding on to and looked toward Jeri. "Who's that?"
"I'll introduce you later, why are you out of the palace? I thought you were only allowed there and the Sword Guild on occasion? And even then only with guards?"
"I wanted a snack," he answered easily.
"Whatever. I need your help."
"Oh, now we're on good terms? You slapped me back in the Guild. My cheek still hurts, damn it."
"Quit complaining. Either you help or we'll scream bloody murder and get the guards to haul you back to the castle. Now, the artifact they're going to show later today. Do you know what it is?"
"Nope, can I go now?"
"Do you know someone who does?"
"Do I have to answer?"
"I spy a guard behind you. All I have to do is call out to him and--"
"Alright alright! Yeah, I know someone."
"Good. Take us to him."
"He's back in the castle! I can't sneak you both in there! Besides I wanted to do some more sight seeing. It's not often I get to step outside you know."
"Don't worry about that, we've got it covered."

Mary dragged the man to the nearest stable and was lucky enough to find a place for Junie to settle into for the next few hours. "I'll be back soon, okay Junie?" The pegasus licked her hand in response. The stable was fairly empty, so the three used an empty room to use Jeri's powers and teleported to the castle. They were suddenly standing in a large foyer with regal carpeting and dark wooden walls adorned with large paintings. The man looked around, nodding in approval.
"I'm pretty impressed, ma'am. You took us right were I wanted us to...Say, what was your name again?"
"Oh, I guess I should introduce you two now, huh?" Mary said. "Well, this is Jeri from the Magical Library," she motioned to the half-elf as she said this before pointing at the man, who lowered his hood to reveal his dull grey eyes. "Jeri, this is the ex-captain of the Sword Guild's Seventh Division. He used to be known as the Lionheart but now he's just some lame noble who married Princess Alexandria Blueshire. This is Bryer Alma." The man bowed slightly though his eyebrows screwed in frustration. "ex-Lionheart? That's pretty cruel," Bryer looked back at Jeri. "...Uh. Any questions you wanna ask me before we get going?"

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
As soon as we stepped through the Portal that led into the real actual study lab, I basically let the two girls and the mages get into work on investigating on the mystery rock thing and started to lean on the metallic wall when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Will and I could tell in his eyes he wanted to impress something on me, so I had my full attention on him as he explained his reasoning for coming to Blueshire.

I was glad to hear him offering his candidacy to the Sword Guild and while I ponder on my answer to him, I couldn't shake off the distinct feeling that we're being watched.. As if it was doing so by magic. I frowned upon this; Normally the Library are able to ward off those who wishes to eavesdrop and gather information for enemies of this kingdom, but for some reason it's not working.

As much I wanted to warn the mages about it, I couldn't show proof of it. I quickly turned my head to Sally and wondered if she too could feel it and if so, perhaps she is able to track it? I returned to Will whom was awaiting my answers. I was particularly glad I had my father's skill to remain cool and not reveal my true feelings, but also I had retained my mother's intuition for it helps me in rather difficult situations.

I cleared my throat and gave him my thoughts on it.

"Will, it is not surprising to me that you'd ask me of it and I do appreciate you to reveal your thoughts on this matter, I think it would be better for you to talk to the Don about it." I spoke to him in a respectful tone as not to make him think that I'm not being a sourpuss about it. "However, I am actually looking for a student in swordmanship and I have not made much progress as much I would like to, considering my reputation in the Guild and the fact that I am a Captain of that Guild.." I trailed off as I took the time to choose my word carefully that would come out of my mouth.

"While it is no joke, I am giving you the chance of a lifetime to join the Guild by joining me and I'm sure you would like the chance to talk to your friends. However this offer is once given each year and well..," I looked in his eyes and continued on. "Just talk to your friends is all that I ask you to do so before giving me your decision." I smiled at him then turned my attention to the mages as they worked on the mystery rock.

After a few minutes went by, the mages finally finished their investigation and in doing so really shocked everyone, me included as it was revealed that the stone is actually a Dragon egg. I could feel my mouth hitting the floor as I am sure everybody was at this revelation.

"A dragon egg?!" I spoke out loud at this and suddenly I wondered if it was something to do with Mary and Jeri taking off so quickly after our encounter. In fact, I wasn't sure if it was my imagination and it might be, but I knew my job to keep Blueshire safe had just become more complicated than I wanted to.

"Perfect.." I muttered to myself. Just perfect. As I allowed my mind to digest this information, I made my way to the open window and stared outside. It was at this moment that I got sight of a Pegasus making its way to town and my heart leaped at this! It had to be Mary and Jeri coming back from whatever caused them to leave in the first place.

I grinned at this and I knew if there was a way to find out how the dragon egg got inside, it would be Mary; Nothing gets past by the Pegasus Warriors without checking merchants and whatnot that comes and go from Blueshire and many other Capitals.

I turned to my friends and quickly explained that I had a friend that can help us about this and it would be easier to stop by the Sword Guild first so Will can get started on his path to joining us. As soon as I gave my explanation, I took the time to recheck my inventory and ready to get on the move to solving this mystery.

Man, who knew this day would be more interesting than the last?!

Posting Oats

Rodrick started to make his way towards the castle, now traveling along the main streets through the bustling crowds that overflowed the city. It was nice to be back among people, to see the peace he was fighting to bring back to his homeland, to be reminded of what life could be and what life should be. He knew this feeling wouldn't last long, it never did, his mind always went back to his duty, to his people and would continue to do so for as long as it took to finish his mission. Every day he was reminded of this no matter what he saw or did in some way he was reminded of his past and the countrymen he knew before the free armies. Now was the time to focus though so he continued to the castle through some of the back streets to avoid most of the festivities thus expediting his journey through the capitol.

People often forget the ugly side of things, the back streets of a city for example were full of the rejected and discarded objects of an empire. Waste, filth, and people, to some perhaps they are all the same thing but to Rodrick everything and everyone had a purpose and potential. "A thing is only useless when you give up on it" this was a lesson his father had imparted unto him, one of the many codes he followed as a way to break the social limitations of the high born that ruled many other countries. Not many in this world thought of how to help others even if it would benefit themselves more, let alone just to better another persons life and that made it even more important to Rodrick to hold on to the values he had inherited from his fathers lessons.

He was now nearing the castle, he could start to see the walls popping up over the houses of the cramped back streets with their banners flying high in the breeze. As he was nearing a alley he had decided to use to rejoin the main streets a small boy, perhaps 14 or 15 years of age ran into him. Rodrick quickly snatched the boy as he recoiled from the impact and with a firm strike from his hand knocked the boy flat on his back. "You shouldn't take something that you haven't earned child, that's only going to bring you more pain." Rodrick said with a serious look as he stood over the child. He then grabbed the small coin purse that landed near the boy as he fell to the ground. "Many people don't get second chances to change their path in life," Rodrick then removed his ring crested with his family's emblem and tossed it to the boy, "if you want to make something of yourself and find meaning for your life take a walk outside of the city not far away you will find my army encamped near the river. Take that ring to any officer you see and tell them Rodrick sent you to be trained and I promise you will have a place to call your own and perhaps in time find your own path to follow." Rodrick then continued through the alley towards the main street.

16 years prior at the military training grounds near the capitol of Garnea, the vanguard division of the 5th grand army was stationed here under the command of Georges. Rodrick was still a young boy but had been under the instruction of his father for many years now learning the basics of combat and leadership skills. One of the earliest memories that he had was of his time reading books on great national leaders and tacticians, commerce and international relations, agriculture and industry. To his father it was a commanders duty to understand his country and how to help it prosper in both times of war and peace and this required knowledge from all levels of society.

His father trained him personally, every morning they would start with physical training to condition his body to be strong enough to fight, in the early afternoon they would engage in combat practice, and finish off the evening with studies of historic battles and the tactics of the commanders that fought in them. Georges was a practical man when it came to training, while he did have Rodrick start off with blunted weapons he soon moved to sharpened blades and full combat practice. This was to help him understand the feeling of actually fighting with a sense of danger and this also led to his first scar. It happened during one of his combat training sessions with his father.

Rodrick was proficient with many weapons but when he had a choice he preferred a sword and shield. On this day he had both and light plate armor on, his father attacked him with ferocity and precision testing his reaction time and blocking strength. Each blocked shot made Rodrick stagger and struggle to stop the next swing, it took all he had just to keep standing with all the weight of his weapons and armor. His arms stung from the resounding impacts and he knew that he didn't have enough strength left to last for an extended fight and his shield arm couldn't be held up for much longer. Just as soon as it started to drop he saw his fathers leg explode towards him with enough force to cleanly knock the breath out of him even with the plate armor chest piece he had on.

The next thing he felt was the edge of his fathers sword slicing through the flesh on his face as the blood spurted out and he fell to the ground. The only thing going through his mind as he collapsed was "am I about to die?" and he knew then this was fear for ones life. As he lay there on his back trying to breath and deal with the pain from the cut on his face he heard the foot steps of his father slowly approaching him. When he got closer he knelt down and placed a cloth on the wound and moved Rodrick's hand over to it to help stop the bleeding. He then began to speak to him in a low soft tone "I want to to pay close attention to me now son, this is one of the most important lessons you need to learn in life. There are going to be times where you are tired, wounded, or just out matched and in all of these situations you have to react the same way. You keep fighting, block out the pain and ignore your fatigue, never give up for as long as you are alive its not over."

A soldier rushed over to Georges as he knelt next to Rodrick "Sir we have reports of a large military force flying Ox banners raiding the towns in the east, the royal family has ordered us to mobilize to suppress this threat." Georges helped Rodrick up from the ground " Its time for you to earn your place and show me that you have learned something from this experience, go have your wound cleaned and wrapped then pack your gear you will be coming with us," he then turned to the soldier and gave the order to mobilize his forces "I want the men to be ready to march by late afternoon we have no time to spare."

The main gate of the castle was quite impressive, on the surface it seemed to be nothing but a large ornamental gate but as Rodrick grew closer he could see that it was a masterfully reinforced structure capable of withstanding a full siege. Upon going inside the castle walls he discovered it was just as crowded as the rest of the city, although it was mostly comprised of highborn and their servants. There were entertainers and food everywhere he looked and as he went from room to room in the castle the setting just grew increasingly extravagant. This made Rodrick question what exactly could this announcement be in order to afford such an overwhelming festival. For now it didn't matter he would wait for the unveiling and make his decision on how to react when he actually had some information on the subject, throwing around theory's with no facts was just a waste of time.

Rodrick was here to meet an old acquaintance of his father, lord Maisson a land owning noble responsible for many provinces throughout the nation. He had hoped to gain some insight into the expedition that his uncle embarked on after the war had ended which had been in part funded by lord Maisson. Rodrick had tried many times before to attain this knowledge through correspondence and only ever received half answers that just raised more questions and never fully explained anything. This time was different in the fact that Lord Maisson had contacted him about it but wanted to meet in person in Blueshire during the festival. He had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time, a chance to reunite his uncles forces with his own.

His search soon led him to a side dining hall, it was much more reserved than the rest of the castle and just had a few servants preparing and bringing out food for several long feasting tables. Sitting on the far side near one of the corners of the room was lord maisson, he was sitting with a few other people away from most of the others. They seemed to be engaged in a private conversation that was a bit more serious than the surrounding festivities. Rodrick slowly made his way towards the other side of the room and was quickly spotted as lord maisson stood to greet him. "My dear Rodrick how wonderful to see you again, I believe the last time we met in person you were just a young lad. Come now sit with us I'm sure you are weary from your travels and it will do you some good to relax for the time being."

"These two fine gentlemen sitting here with me are Lord Karnet commander of Farthan keep and Lord Vodner of the Mellisen Highlands they knew your uncle very well and had even fought several battles alongside him. They have mutual interest in my ventures and have come here during the festival for much the same reason that you have." Both of the men sitting next to him looked like they were in their early 40's and had the bearing of warriors, they sat at the table uncomfortably draped in formal wear that they were forced to wear at events such as this. "My uncle has mentioned both of you on several occasions, its an honor to finally meet you after all these years, he spoke of both of you as though you were family." Lord karnet reached across the table to shake Rodrick's hand, "Yes son we too have come to know you through your uncle, I have also had the pleasure of meeting your father in my youth, he was quite the leader in his time." Lord Vodner joined in on the conversation, "I was told that you were there during the battle at the capitol when he fell, he must have been proud to have you stand and fight by his side to the end. It is fortunate that you survived, considering all that has happened we will need more men like you and your father in the future. There are many things in this world that must be kept at bay so that we may survive, and so few of us willing to stand up to stop them."

Both of the lords kept up appearances yet there were still small signs of fatigue showing"My dear friends you are all weary from your recent work please try to relax some and for now enjoy our time while we can." [/COLOR]"It has been quite some time since we sat still in one place, perhaps it would not be such a bad idea to relax a little if only to catch our breath. In all these years I cant even remember the last time we just sat down and appreciated the world around us. Its good to experience normal life even if we cant ever truly be apart of it." "Ha ha that's a very grim way to see our situation but I suppose you aren't wrong. We have been separated from society for so long I'm not sure we could ever really reintegrate fully but I suppose we can work on that another time." "As you know I have brought you all here to discuss several things, one of which includes your uncle and the focus of his efforts but at the moment there are more pressing matters to attend. As you all well know this celebration that we have attended has a certain special attraction, an unveiling that some believe will have great influence on the course of history. Sadly not even I have been able to glean what is hidden within the walls of this castle but soon everyone will know and we must be ready to react. For now you should all go enjoy yourselves for the time being," Lord maisson stood up to leave "forgive me gentlemen but I have some other business to attend to before the ceremony but I will rejoin you soon please take this time and catch up with each other."

As Lord maisson made his way out of the room the men continued"Even when he has nothing to do that man never sits still for long, and he always seems to have some grand story he feels the need to go through.""Haha my uncle used to tell me almost unbelievable story's as well, about your war against the great witch clans. Battles against magical creatures that took days to bring down, having to combat fatigue and madness, a campaign that was supposed to be completed in a month which in the end lasted years. I feel that even the war that ended my country was nothing compared to the struggles you faced during that campaign. I can't imagine what could have all of your resources tied up now after all you have been through." "Perhaps but considering the current state of affairs we may be in for much more conflict before long even with our allies it will be difficult......""I'm sorry to have to cut this conversation short gentlemen but there is something I need to look into, I will catch up with you all at the reveal." There was a servant moving along the side of the room, normally this would not be anything worth noting but he seemed distressed. As he walked closer to the table where the three men sat Rodrick noticed blood slowly running down his hand from behind a small cloth.

Rodrick met the servant in the hall as he exited the room and pulled him aside. The man had a look of terror on his face and was trembling from whatever ordeal he had just been through. "You need to tell me what happened, I expect the truth or what misfortune has befallen you already will be the least of your worries." The man started to speak but it was mostly unintelligible mumbling and Rodrick realized that he had to calm him down before he would be able to learn anything. "You need to take a breath and speak to me I cant help you if I dont know whats going on. Just take your time and tell me everything." It took some time but he eventually spoke of a rough looking guard who had inflicted the wound on his hand and a man he had helped get a key to an officers quarters. Rodrick then handed the servant over to the guards standing near the end of the hall. "I need you to hold this man on the authority of Lord Maisson until I return." Letting the guards know any more about the situation would have just made it more complicated and Rodrick hoped to avoid any more violence if possible. He then promptly left in search of the men the servant spoke of.

Last edited:

LatinoHeat90

Weeks went by. The work was the same every day, there was only show much you can do on a farm. Victor split the wood with the axe, he lifted it to his face, looking at the blade. He was going to have to sharpen it for the old man. Victor laughed to himself, with no smile on his face. "I guess there is only so much a mercenary can do too."

The old man was kind, so was his wife, the old lady. But Victor found out early on the the original agreement wasn't going to be kept. Victor didn't want to talk the the old man, didn't want to know about him, his life, his family. Nothing. Within the first day of labor Victor was informed of the two boys the couple had together. How they grew up strong and capable. Too strong for farm work but instead strong enough to protect others. The old man was so proud. He believes that they left the farm and became knights. They left more than twenty years ago and the couple haven't seen them since. No letters. No visits. Nothing to prove that they were knights, or even still alive.

Victor was sure that they were dead. Growing up on a farm and going out alone, no knowledge of the world. They probably didn't make it far. Victor wasn't going to burst the old man's happy bubble, even if he wanted too. Or maybe he liked the old man, even though he was an ignorant, peasant farmer. Over the next couple of weeks he stayed in the barn, sat with them for their meals, and took care of the farm. A simple life.

Victor lowered the axe and stared down the long road. A group riding on horses was coming towards the farm. They were a distance away, Victor couldn't see if they were brandishing weapons. The old man came up behind Victor.
"Just don't say anything when they get here. We will take care of it. We don't want any trouble Victor." Victor could now see the weapons: two pikemen, a bowman, two longswords. Victor smirked.
"Whatever you say old man." He went back to cutting word.

The men on horses came up to the farmhouse. A rough looking bunch. They dismounted and walked up to the old man. One of the swordsmens, the leader, spoke to the old man. "So it has been a month, Charles. Do you have your payment?" The swordsman paced around the old man. Stopping to look at Victor as he continued splitting wood.

"I'm sorry, Sir Walment. Like I said last month our yield was low. We didn't have much to bring to market." The swordsman turned to the old man. "Well it looks like you have enough to pay this rather large gentlemen. I know you aren't paying him in money, but rather in food. Food that you could have sold. Food that, technically, is ours." The swordsman leaned toward the old man. "Maybe we should gut him and get what is ours."

"Hahaha!" Victor bent over laughing, mid swing of his axe. "Charles! Old man, Charles! I didn't take you as a Charles." Victor started towards the men, axe still in his hand, by his side. "All of you should go." Victors smile was devious. He could see the bowman notch an arrow. The pikemen readied their weapons.

The swordsman moved past the old man and began to address Victor. "It looks like you have a little fight.." Victor slashed the blunt side of the axe across the leaders head, exploding it. Victor continued the his swing, spinning and releasing the axe from his hands. About to release the arrow, the bowman was stopped by the axe buried in his chest.

Three left. The closest pikemen lunged at Victor. Victor grabbed the pike before it struct his throat, broke the end and thrusted it into the pikeman's jugular.

Two left. Both the pikemen and the swordsman moved cautiously. Both afraid and knowing the if they fled Victor would pursue and kill them. They would have to fight. They read Victor's eye, they were dead. Victor grabbed the leaders sword and moved toward the two remaining men. The swordsman made the first move. He slashed downward and Victor. Victor stepped into the slash moving out of the swords way but close enough to drive his blade through the man's stomach. Victor lifted the man off the ground, the man screaming in pain.

One left. The pikeman thrusted at Victor, he used the swordsman as a shield. The man screaming in more pain with each movement and with each stab by his comrade. Victor rushed the pikeman, skewering him with his friend. Victor pushed them into the ground, pinning them with the longsword.

Victor stood up, still bearing his grin. "You have a simple life, old man." He looked over his shoulder to see the old man still standing in the same spot before his slaughtered the men. "I've made it a little better for you. Sell the horses. I will keep anything of value from the bodies." Victor walked up to the old man. The old man just stood there, staring at Victor. Victor's smile faded. "Old man. These men deserved this. You didn't have the means to kill them. I took care of it for you..."

"Leave...." The old man interrupted Victor. "Leave here.... now"

"No" Victor Replied. "I will dispose of the bodies, then leave." Victor moved past the old man. "Everything I have done, all the help I gave you. This is how repay me?" He lifted two of the dead men up and started carrying them to the barn. He walked past the old man and could faintly hear the old man say "Thank you"

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Captain pulled the Great Sword off his back. An placed in on his shoulder. The sword was huge, and the embroidery made it look as if it was magical. Victor knew he would have to be careful or he could lose his head. "Did you say I should watch my tongue? No, not myself. I will wag my tongue however long I want. You don't know what kind of trouble you are in. You are clearly not a guard or soldier." The Captain's smile pissed Victor off so much he was about to run straight in for his attack.

"Shut your mouth" Victor smiled with murderous intent. "I don't think it would be wise to kill you considering I am planning on collecting a bounty later but something about you really makes me want to break you in half." Zoe flew from Victor's armor and perched herself on a bookcase.

"How cute, a pixie companion." Captain Regal ignored Victor's threat. "After I cut you down I will take care of it for you. I heard a cook in a far off town is known for making dishes with the meat of pixies."

Victor's smile was gone. His face red, he was filled with rage. Faster than light he dashed at the Captain. The Captain begun to swing his great sword but Victor was too close. Victor, not using his sword or axe, started striking the Captain with his fists. The Captain, keeping one hand on his sword, covered his face with his other free hand. He pushed Victor trying to created space, an opportunity to swing his sword. His push was strong, it almost succeeded. Victor kept up, bloodying the face of the Captain. Between blows the Captain grabbed Victor's throat and slammed him into the wall. He was stronger now! How?!

"What the hell?!" Victor choked out. The Captain gripped tightened on his throat. Victor punched at the Captain's face until he loosened up his grip. Victor grabbed the Captain's shoulders and threw him into the bookcase. Victor lift the Captain above his head and slammed him threw the table. Victor wouldn't let go. He lift him up and headbutted him. The Captain planted his feet threw Victor threw another one of his bookcases. How can he still be this strong?! Victor charged, tackling him into the wall. He grabbed the Captain's throat and squeezed as hard as he could. The Captain answered in kind grabbing Victor's throat. Both choking each other, Victor noticed the Captain's grip was stronger than before. Victor looked down to see that the Captain still had the great sword in his hand. This whole fight he has had it in his hand.

Victor kicked the Captain's hand as hard as he could. He saw the Captain's wrist go limp, he had broken his wrist but had not let go of the sword. He kicked again, he could hear the man's hand crack and bones break. Finally, the sword slipped from his hands. It was as Victor thought, the sword was granting the Captain strength, probably more strength as he got hurt. Still they were at a stalemate. Neither would relinquish their grip. Victor knew he could last with both of his hand around his neck.

Something came in through the window. Both Victor and Captain Regal noticed it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back