• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition] (Sign ups/OoC. CD-Max Collab)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
CLASSIC
The sounds of the bustling town surround you as you try your best to slide past the river of people. Off in the distance you can hear a hammer striking an anvil, as well as the accompanying grunts the apprentice makes as he swings the tool down, eager to finish his last job. There's a man dressed in a white apron that's been slightly spattered with blood standing behind the counter of a fish stall. You watch him for a second as he attempts to persuade a woman about the freshness of his fish while the neighboring meat seller does the same from his end, but you dismiss them both as you hurry on your way.

As you round your way to the center of town you notice a man wearing a beaked carnival mask standing atop crate. He's clutching various cards and is yelling happily at the crowd below. Though you attempt to avoid eye contact, something about this man draws your attention and for a brief moment, your eyes connect.
“You there!” He cries before hopping down his box, “You seem like a fine upstanding fellow who would appreciate this!” The masked man pushes a card onto you despite your protests of being in a hurry. The card reads of an artifact to be unveiled by the king and queen of Blueshire and it promises to be a discovery that could change the way everyone sees ancient civilization. “It's to be a glorious day indeed!” The masked man goes on, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. “They've just discovered something so amazing, they intend to show it to the whole world! Everyone from everywhere is invited, including the country of Fayfield, the elves of Tetus, even the dwarves are expected to appear! The best part is, Blueshire is holding a festival just before the unveiling! I just know you'll be there, right?” The man removes his arm and nudges you lightly instead. “You might just find that special someone, hmmm? Or maybe you're more of the rugged type who only wants to go to participate in the fighting tournament to be held? Whatever your reason, I guarantee you'll enjoy yourself, and...” the man leans closer towards you as he lowers his voice, “I have a feeling something exciting might just happen after the artifact is shown. But keep that under your hat, would you?” With a quick pat on the back, the man jumps back on his box and resumes shouting into the crowd while passing along his cards to whoever would accept them.

---

This land is very different than the one you're used to. There are three main continents and each one has its own military. Blueshire and Fayfield are connected by a large forest, with Fayfield to the north and Blueshire to the south. The two nations have lived relatively peacefully, with only a few skirmishes here and there. Aside from the military, they both have separate organizations that help keep the peace which include Blueshire's Sword Guild and Fayfield's Flying Lancers. There is also The Axe Brigade, which dots both nations, and the Magical Libraries, of which there is only one in each. The other nation is an ocean away and is generally closed off to outsiders. Tetus is the name of this land, and it is inhabited by the elves. The people of Blueshire and Fayfield do not know much about Tetus, but there are attempts at making peace between the races. Despite the lingering peace that has been enjoyed by many, a shadow has begun to loom over the world. When the shadow's true nature is revealed, you will have to choose a side that will determine your true allegiance.

This is a land of magic, though technology is also starting to evolve. Steam engines help the lives of those without access to magic, though the most you'll ever see of technology is the cogs of a wooden gate as it lowers the drawbridge to a castle. As mentioned before, there are a few organizations that specialize in different forms of combat. The Sword Guild and the Axe Brigade obviously focus on swords and axes respectively, but this doesn't mean every member of The Sword Guild fights with a sword. You can, for instance, have a bow user or mage in either one of them, but the organization is well known for having their members use that kind of weapon. The only exception to this is the Magical Library: their members are all exclusively wielders of magic. There is also The Band of Thieves and The Assassin Clan, which will be explained later in the post.

You can choose any of these to join should you so choose, or you can go solo and answer to no one. You can pick which nation you call home, your race, etc. You're your own boss with your own story to tell, so make it a classic one.

As the RP begins, the majority of the cast will be in Blueshire to view the unveiling of the discovered artifact. After that starting point, everyone is free to do what they want. In order to ensure everyone has a pleasant time, a festival will be held before the unveiling and will have a little bit of everything. As the story goes on, there will be important choices to be made. These choices will leave lasting impressions of your character, as well as their stance with the nations. But hey, don't worry about that. We've got a festival to hit!
---

Here is a small list of things you might just encounter on your travels. Keep in mind that I'm giving you creative freedom, so feel free to create anything you need for your story.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rules

1. Don't be a dweeb
  2. General rules apply (no powerplaying, PG13, etc.)
  3. In order to prove you've read everything carefully do not place the phrase “I've read the rules and I'm a dweeb” at the top of your temp
  4. I'm giving you creative freedom, but I expect you to take this responsibly. I don't want to see special unstoppable snowflake characters running around.
If you have any questions comments or concerns, feel free to throw them at me. Otherwise, it's time to roll your character.

Name: (First and last)

Appearance: (No pictures, at least a paragraph)

STORY: (A small backstory of who you are and how you got to where you are.)

Personality: (Tell us about yourself. The more details, the better.)

Race: (Human, elf, dwarf, halflings, etc)

FIGHT: (How do you fight? What are your weapons? What's your style? Please note that you can use “special abilities“ /”skills” to aid you in combat, just don‘t make them too intense. This is a must for mages, though.)

Skills: (If applicable. Don't go too crazy.)

Kingdom: (Blueshire, Fayfield, Tetus/Eveholm, or Dwarf. Note that this doesn't immediately decide your allegiance)

COMMAND: (Who do you work for, if applicable? Note that this does not immediately decide your choice of weapons.)

Other: (Anything else you want to add can go here.)

Here is a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ two examples of a character in case you need a little push. Keep in mind this character will not appear in this RP.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

...but this one will.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Characters
Character NamePlayerAgeGenderNationCommandRace
Mary PaleCD-Mann23FemaleFayfieldFlying LancersHuman
Flynn DyerMax24MaleBlueshireBand of ThievesHuman
Jeri T. PierceKitKat23FemaleBlueshireMagical LibraryHuman/Elf Halfing
Sienna Gallenserenefire20FemaleFayfieldFlying LancersHuman
Victor WistafLatinoHeat9037MaleBlueshireN/AHuman
William Wilton
Sally M. Anderson
CD-Mann27
Male
Female
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
Human
Elf
Iden BlueChibiHearts249/Songbird19MaleBlueshireN/AHuman
Pietro MaxwellRoxie156320MaleBlueshireSword GuildHuman
Rodrick HarlansePosting Oats
30MaleGarneaN/A/Free ArmiesHuman

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Jeez, I'm so contemplating about joining up, but got my hand full with two rps. But the idea of doing my own thing is intriguing enough. I might have to think hard about this.

As for questions, do I need to read your Classic stories to fully understand the whole lore of it or not? I mean, I have read a few, but not enough. Another question is will there be some sort of connectivity like you would see with the MCU and DCTVU? I mean, a little mention or two won't hurt, right? :)

Serious question, do we really have to say the line to join up? :p because I know I'm not dweeb! XD *pokes pokes*

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
As for questions, do I need to read your Classic stories to fully understand the whole lore of it or not?
No! I've written this so anyone can join, which is why I tried to include as much information as possible in the opening post. In fact, nothing that's happened in CLASSIC will have any real merit here, aside from a few jokes I might throw out for my own amusement.

Another question is will there be some sort of connectivity like you would see with the MCU and DCTVU? I mean, a little mention or two won't hurt, right? :)
No! Not exactly, anyway...Nothing that happens here will effect my story because I already have everything planned out for my own stuff. The most that can happen is I'm swayed by the happenings here and recreate it somehow while keeping it original, but it's very unlikely that this will happen. Likewise, nothing that's happened yet in my story has had any real significance on the world, so no one needs to dig through the story to 'figure something out'.

Serious question, do we really have to say the line to join up? :p because I know I'm not dweeb! XD *pokes pokes*
Reread the rules. Carefully.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Skit-Bippity-BOO!!!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

(Also, are you including that table at the end CD?)

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
No! I've written this so anyone can join, which is why I tried to include as much information as possible in the opening post. In fact, nothing that's happened in CLASSIC will have any real merit here, aside from a few jokes I might throw out for my own amusement.

No! Not exactly, anyway...Nothing that happens here will effect my story because I already have everything planned out for my own stuff. The most that can happen is I'm swayed by the happenings here and recreate it somehow while keeping it original, but it's very unlikely that this will happen. Likewise, nothing that's happened yet in my story has had any real significance on the world, so no one needs to dig through the story to 'figure something out'.

Reread the rules. Carefully.

Ah, okay! Really was just asking about that. :)

Unless it's a join thing between two people, it's really every man or woman's story.. I can dig that.

Ah, I got it now. Gotcha..

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
(Also, are you including that table at the end CD?)
Yeah, I was just waiting for our temps since editing the table is a pain in the ass. Speaking of ass, here's a chick riding a donkey with wings.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm joining in on this! Wouldn't miss it for the world! Expect a template soon! :D I'll be putting it in this post once I get the template written up.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm joining in on this! Wouldn't miss it for the world! Expect a template soon! :D I'll be putting it in this post once I get the template written up.

And with this, the trio is back!

[video=youtube;RIrG6xBW5Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrG6xBW5Wk[/video]

This video has nothing do to with us at all now that I think about it... But for some reason it's what popped up at my excitement of Princess Sugar Cookie joining the fray!

Edit: Oh and CD, I'm loving that character. I can already tell we're going to have fun with this, her losing her playful side and Flynn causing trouble for fun, this is looking to be falling into place already.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've never heard of that song before, Max. And you have no idea how good it feels to be called "Princess Sugar Cookie" again after so dang long! lol. I have no idea how my character is going to fit into the story with you guys. Heck, her personality could change during the story without me realizing it. Hmm, guess we'll just have to see how it goes. *is pumped up for this* Okay, I'm actually done now. Let me know if I need to change anything. :3

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
Still thinking on this one, but this is too good to pass up. Why must this be so interesting?? D: Ah, well, I may end up doing this after all.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
OH! I'm nearly done and posted my template btw. I just have to fill in the story part.
Looks good so far. One thing I forgot to mention is that every mage has access to basic elemental magic (fire, wind, water, etc) and everything else would be what they've studied for. One thing I did want to ask about was her tiger claw. Is it a literal tiger claw or claw-like hand? Either way, just finish your history and you'll be accepted. I'm digging her secret weapon btw lol.

Why must this be so interesting?? D:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Looks good so far. One thing I forgot to mention is that every mage has access to basic elemental magic (fire, wind, water, etc) and everything else would be what they've studied for. One thing I did want to ask about was her tiger claw. Is it a literal tiger claw or claw-like hand? Either way, just finish your history and you'll be accepted. I'm digging her secret weapon btw lol.

Alright, I'll add that she knows the basic elemental magic of fire, water, earth and electric for right now. It's an actual tiger's claw. I know that doesn't sound like an elf but, I read a book when I was younger that had elves with different distinctive traits and thought it'd be cool to be something more unusual than the standard. xD Okay, I think my history is done and kept simple enough. And thank you! I always wanted to use a secret weapon like that. lol.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm really happy that you named her Jeri. It was just the icing on the cake. We have a very nice range of characters here so far!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm really happy that you named her Jeri. It was just the icing on the cake. We have a very nice range of characters here so far!

I know, right? I'm actually surprised it never occur to me to use the name before in other rps. I'm going to make it a thing from now on. xD So thank you!

Welcome aboard, Jer-Bear.

I was a bit worried everyone would try to a 2cool4you xXxAssassinClanxXx member to be honest. I'm glad that hasn't been the case so far.

Glad to be aboard, Mr. Walrus.

It would've been a cool choice to go with but, I can imagine it'd limit what a person can do. :3 At least, that's my thoughts on it.

Roxie1563

Awards
Another question for you, CD-Mann: can there be new guilds or is this just all there can be? See, I'm thinking of doing some sort of a Ranger guild that is similar to what the Sword Guild is doing, but more on the secret side of it. Like a spy, but for the empire or whatnot.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Another question for you, CD-Mann: can there be new guilds or is this just all there can be? See, I'm thinking of doing some sort of a Ranger guild that is similar to what the Sword Guild is doing, but more on the secret side of it. Like a spy, but for the empire or whatnot.
You have creative freedom to create whatever you need for your story, as long as it is within reason.

Roxie1563

Awards
You have creative freedom to create whatever you need for your story, as long as it is within reason.

Cool beans! :D

Okay, then I'll get started on working my template up for this. Gosh, this is so going to be fun!

Max

Staff member
Awards
Hypetrain.

I'll just put this here while we wait:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

serenefire

Awards
Just letting everyone know, I'm planning to join this! My final exams end in a few days, so I should have a character posted by the end of this week.

I'm super excited to RP again. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back