• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Classic Kingdom Trailer brings Hayner, Pence, and Olette back to Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah. From the beginning I was never in love with Sora's revised outfit but it was at least tonally consistent with his recent appearances. I thought Riku looked good in the Chikai/Don't Think Twice trailer but with Mickey I was officially ready to move past the FFXV + plaid aesthetic for remaining characters. At this point it would be weird if Kairi isn't wearing black/gray (we'd be lucky if she steps up to mauve) and that's just...why. You finally have an engine that can do great and magical things with textures and you stick everyone in the most timid, basic color coordinations imaginable. It's kind of a drag.

I mean Kairi is definitely wearing red and black, since we have that art of her with her hood up lol. And she looks like a Team Magma member.

In hindsight, I do think this is a bit much now. I, personally, love Sora, Riku, and Mickey's outfits. But HPO getting the same ones are weird...well yeah, its more like recolors with plaid. I do dig it sorta, but its also repetitive. Other colors are nice ha.

I wonder if the red, black, and white colors in their outfits took inspiration from Roxas? He had those color schemes as well.

I did see someone bring this up on Tumblr, they would match well with Roxas if he just gets his casual outfit back again. I guess if he gets a new outfit, it will probably still match lol.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I mean Kairi is definitely wearing red and black, since we have that art of her with her hood up lol. And she looks like a Team Magma member.
I'm actually going to miss that salmon skin dress lol. Maybe Axel will inherit it.

In hindsight, I do think this is a bit much now. I, personally, love Sora, Riku, and Mickey's outfits. But HPO getting the same ones are weird...well yeah, its more like recolors with plaid. I do dig it sorta, but its also repetitive. Other colors are nice ha.
It's going to get really good once we have the heroes clad in shades as daringly layered as navy blue and charcoal up against the villains who are all in black hoods. Can't wait.

I did see someone bring this up on Tumblr, they would match well with Roxas if he just gets his casual outfit back again. I guess if he gets a new outfit, it will probably still match lol.
Pence definitely looks like he's lowkey usurping Roxas's entire fashion experience. Tryin' to get Hayner to notice him I think~.

danifedz

It does not appear 2018 in the trailer or in the description of YouTube. Delayed or have forgotten?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The minigames look...alright. Tbh they don't look like a ton of fun to me so I hope they aren't too deeply integrated into the game in terms of function (like unlocking good stuff), but as long as they aren't made to be terribly difficult it seems harmless. I'd rather have something puzzle or board game themed again-- not Command Board-- than something where you just time occasional presses of the button.

Ditto.
I guess I'm a little interested since I've played games like these growing up and it's always nice to see OG Pete (or close to it), but all the time I was thinking how smooth the transition between that console and my controller will be and... well, I hope it's bearable.

Possibly yet another reason why I love the new design. Team Magma on a girl is extremely cute.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It does not appear 2018 in the trailer or in the description of YouTube. Delayed or have forgotten?

Oh, I guess I thought it didn't matter. I mean, Nomura confirmed he will be here more frequently to promote the game, that sounds like we are entering marketing mode to me. Aka, it is not delayed.

I'm actually going to miss that salmon skin dress lol. Maybe Axel will inherit it.

It's going to get really good once we have the heroes clad in shades as daringly layered as navy blue and charcoal up against the villains who are all in black hoods. Can't wait.

Pence definitely looks like he's lowkey usurping Roxas's entire fashion experience. Tryin' to get Hayner to notice him I think~.

Lol, you know Lea is gonna get an outfit that looks sorta like his BBS outfit, except now with red and black plaid.

Possibly yet another reason why I love the new design. Team Magma on a girl is extremely cute.

tumblr_inline_of2h3ivmCw1tdj84v_540.jpg

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
They're probably saving that for the OP late game Drive Forms.

Ditto.
I guess I'm a little interested since I've played games like these growing up and it's always nice to see OG Pete (or close to it), but all the time I was thinking how smooth the transition between that console and my controller will be and... well, I hope it's bearable
Right, like I don't think I understand the point of the experience for these minigames? As charming as it might be to stumble upon an old Gameboy or something and actually play a game similar to these on it, I don't really see how it's going to be appealing or stimulating on the PS4. I'm anticipating lots of needless frustration, but if these turn out to be just nostalgic, breezy and decorative I'm OK with that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
tumblr_p79higXsMj1s7u80po1_400.jpg
tumblr_p79higXsMj1s7u80po2_1280.jpg

I guess not everyone is getting red and black redesigns lol.
That is an amazing catch! Did you pick up on that yourself?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw your reblog on Tumblr. Still a very impressive catch. I don't think I would have connected the characters together.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
This was very nice to wake up with.
This really makes KH3 have more variation. I really appreciate that aspect, including that Twilight Town is finally given a larger map. With most likely even more NPC's roaming around.

Seeing HPO again is also very joyful. Although I can definitely agree that having them wearing the same color scheme as Sora, can be very distracting. Especially for Olette & Hayner, who wore orange and green before.

Despite that, this gave me the feel that SE feel confident with KH3 as of now. Sorta like they just don't want to reveal too much, since we're almost near the release of the game.

Alja

He answered the complaints about the belts with more belts, now he's answering the complaints about the plaid with even more plaid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Though I do agree, giving the Twilight Trio plaid is stretching it. I expected it to spread over the Guardians of Light but not (important) NPCs.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the classic kingdom reminds me of the game within game idea that xv did with them promtion there game

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
This trailer put a smile on my face. Although what's up with Sora's eyes? Talk about oversaturated colours.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If HPO are returning they have no excuse not to bring back Seifer and his crew. I miss that loveable jerkass.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully we’ll see some FF characters at E3; it’s way overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back