• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Classic Kingdom Trailer brings Hayner, Pence, and Olette back to Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
"Destroy the patriarchy"

to me they look super blue. in fact when i first saw it i was like "well that should settle people's green eyes theory" lol

I’d accept that. Lmao.

The reasons I’m interested are A) to know whether that is English or Japanese mouth animations and B) why they would show that but not have it voice acted or subtitled. If it’s the English lip animations, maybe they didn’t want this to be the first time we hear the game in English.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm glad HPO got new clothes but.. why do even they get new clothes yet Donald and Goofy don't xD meh other than that it's fine I guess. Twilight Town looks amazing. Thr mini games look kinda boring to me but we're gonna see about that once the game comes out

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Over 20 of these mini-games? I can't wait to try them all!

Donald and Goofy look PERFECT. Super interested in the redesign of Twilight Town. Those trees came outta nowhere xD

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I’d accept that. Lmao.

The reasons I’m interested are A) to know whether that is English or Japanese mouth animations and B) why they would show that but not have it voice acted or subtitled. If it’s the English lip animations, maybe they didn’t want this to be the first time we hear the game in English.
I think they're the japanese mouth animations. the animations are the same in the japanese ver of the trailer anyway

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I kind of wish they hadn't changed HPO's outfits.

Anyone, these new mini-games look fantastic!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm glad HPO got new clothes but.. why do even they get new clothes yet Donald and Goofy don't xD meh other than that it's fine I guess. Twilight Town looks amazing. Thr mini games look kinda boring to me but we're gonna see about that once the game comes out
Eh I think Nomura just likes Donald and Goofy's clothes as they are and has no real need to change them.

Personally i think it would be cute if they had clothes matching with Sora like Riku and Mickey.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is too awesome. I love the Game & Watch inspiration behind it. Simply genius.

I can also smell the high score requirements for trophies and achievements from miles away lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is too awesome. I love the Game & Watch inspiration behind it. Simply genius.

I can also smell the high score requirements for trophies and achievements from miles away lol.

Prepare to kiss Ultima goodbye.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they're the japanese mouth animations. the animations are the same in the japanese ver of the trailer anyway

I’d find it odd then that they wouldn’t have it audible as every other trailer (even ones revealed in the US) has had the Japanese voice acting. Surely Twilight Town has been recorded in Japanese since its early on and has featured voice acting in previous trailers. Idk. It’s just weird that they wouldn’t let us hear what he says in Japanese and subtitle it like before. Unless it’s somehow a one line spoiler, which I doubt given the context of the scene.

Idk. I just have a feeling that could be an English scene. The Japanese channel may have used the same version because there wasn’t much of a point in changing that scene when the line itself is probably not that important.

EDIT: Also, all the menu options are in English as well which could be a clue that this is an “English” trailer. Although, I think what we see of the Classic Kingdom is the Union Cross build and not the KH3 build, so it could be totally unconnected.

Last edited:

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
So, the Moogle Shop is still there. At least the building is the same. The armor shop is now a restaurant, but this doesn't neccearily mean there are no armor in the game. What interests me more is the new sign that is where I think the old accessary shop was. Looks more like a gummi shop?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think it's just inaudible because he isn't saying anything that particularly great lol, and they just want the focus on the music and sounds and the minigames.

the minigames being in english doesn't say much. i'm pretty sure they're always in english. the giantland screen from the d23 in development vid wasn't in japanese. they actually do like using english for stuff like this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’d find it odd then that they wouldn’t have it audible as every other trailer (even ones revealed in the US) has had the Japanese voice acting. Surely Twilight Town has been recorded in Japanese since its early on and has featured voice acting in previous trailers. Idk. It’s just weird that they wouldn’t let us hear what he says in Japanese and subtitle it like before. Unless it’s somehow a one line spoiler, which I doubt given the context of the scene.
I don't think they included dialogue because dialogue wasn't important to the clip. It ultimately doesn't matter what Sora says, and whatever he does say is probably just a line that will be repeated every time you win a game.

EDIT: Also, all the menu options are in English as well which could be a clue that this is an “English” trailer. Although, I think what we see of the Classic Kingdom is the Union Cross build and not the KH3 build, so it could be totally unconnected.
Some Japanese games have English text in a variety of places. The Japanese versions of Kingdom Hearts have done this before.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think they included dialogue because dialogue wasn't important to the clip. It ultimately doesn't matter what Sora says, and whatever he does say is probably just a line that will be repeated every time you win a game.

Some Japanese games have English text in a variety of places. The Japanese versions of Kingdom Hearts have done this before.

Yeah I get that it’s a trivial detail. It would just be cool if it was English because then we’d know they’re already animating for the English dub.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
HPO are cute but they stole Sora's color scheme and it's pretty weird. I feel like you could paint Olette's fingernails midnight black and stick a copy of American Idiot in her anime-brand messenger bag and call it a day.

The minigames look...alright. Tbh they don't look like a ton of fun to me so I hope they aren't too deeply integrated into the game in terms of function (like unlocking good stuff), but as long as they aren't made to be terribly difficult it seems harmless. I'd rather have something puzzle or board game themed again-- not Command Board-- than something where you just time occasional presses of the button.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm just in love with the NPCs in the background and I'm wondering how they tore down part of the town to build that big ass restaurant (since this game takes place, what, a few months after KH2?). It's French so Remy the rat probably works there.

Well, now I want this to happen lol.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
HPO are cute but they stole Sora's color scheme and it's pretty weird. I feel like you could paint Olette's fingernails midnight black and stick a copy of American Idiot in her anime-brand messenger bag and call it a day.

Yeah, this really bothers me. It's basically just a recolor of their original outfits with the red/black and plaid theme. In previous games, HPO (as well as all the other trios) had similar enough outfits, while having their own individual colors and styles. Having Olette go from bright orange with flowers to... well, what you described, is really disappointing imo. Plus, they're supposed to just be regular kids, and kids don't coordinate their outfits like this.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah, this really bothers me. It's basically just a recolor of their original outfits with the red/black and plaid theme. In previous games, HPO (as well as all the other trios) had similar enough outfits, while having their own individual colors and styles. Having Olette go from bright orange with flowers to... well, what you described, is really disappointing imo. Plus, they're supposed to just be regular kids, and kids don't coordinate their outfits like this.
Yeah. From the beginning I was never in love with Sora's revised outfit but it was at least tonally consistent with his recent appearances. I thought Riku looked good in the Chikai/Don't Think Twice trailer but with Mickey I was officially ready to move past the FFXV + plaid aesthetic for remaining characters. At this point it would be weird if Kairi isn't wearing black/gray (we'd be lucky if she steps up to mauve) and that's just...why. You finally have an engine that can do great and magical things with textures and you stick everyone in the most timid, basic color coordinations imaginable. It's kind of a drag.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wonder if the red, black, and white colors in their outfits took inspiration from Roxas? He had those color schemes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back