• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Classic elements you miss that were not in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If Aqua was saved earlier that definitely would have been a good midpoint.
Ideally, I think maybe 1 hour playing with Riku and Mickey in the RoD as they journey to and eventually find Aqua, would've made for a nicely paced midpoint with KH3. Along the way, I could've seen them doing some classic RoD puzzles, in addition to fighting the typical mobs of heartless (perhaps even periodically running off some Demon Towers along the way).

You can parry Data Larxene and I believe there are other examples too, probably
Aw, ok then. I honestly couldn't find an instance of it anywhere, so part of just guessed it might've been removed, lol.

pssst

I would’ve liked a drive/summon gauge like KH2 for formchanges and limits.
Ideally, I think maybe 1 hour playing with Riku and Mickey in the RoD as they journey to and eventually find Aqua, would've made for a nicely paced midpoint with KH3. Along the way, I could've seen them doing some classic RoD puzzles, in addition to fighting the typical mobs of heartless (perhaps even periodically running off some Demon Towers along the way).
I feel like the pointless adventure from a fragmentary passage would’ve made a better intro/midpoint. Except, rewritten to include Aqua’s escape.

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
I think the biggest thing that I missed in KH3 were actual Disney boss fights. Having Hades, Clayton, The Queen of Hearts (to some extent), Jafar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, and Maleficent as boss fights in KH1 was just magical. Sure the Disney boss fights weren't as great in KH2, but I appreciated them being there. It felt like an injustice having such beautiful and expansive Disney worlds that stayed true to their films, but barely any Disney villain fights.
I miss the one on one fights, like with humanoid characters. Big heartless are nice, but I miss fights like against Leon and Yuffie, Hades, or Clayton. The floating doll girl kind of reminded me of this, but the closest we had to it is the boss in the Caribbean. This felt like classic Kingdom Hearts. Of course, there are the fights against the organization, but it's just not the same to me. Also the gameplay feels lighter and less powerful. Though the remind updated abilities bring the combat closer to its former glory.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I miss the one on one fights, like with humanoid characters. Big heartless are nice, but I miss fights like against Leon and Yuffie, Hades, or Clayton. The floating doll girl kind of reminded me of this, but the closest we had to it is the boss in the Caribbean. This felt like classic Kingdom Hearts. Of course, there are the fights against the organization, but it's just not the same to me. Also the gameplay feels lighter and less powerful. Though the remind updated abilities bring the combat closer to its former glory.
I completely agree with you. It would have been nice to fight a humanoid character in an enclosed space and not some huge heartless in a giant space. Even if it was Gothel and a heartless or Zurg or something. I love the Organization fights, but it just feels weird not fighting a non-Organization humanoid ever in the game. I liked the fight with Davy Jones and was hoping for a ground fight with Baymax.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I miss having something to do post-ending. Even Remind didn’t add anything in terms of sidequests, just more cutscenes/background noise and bosses to fight by yourself. Nothing to do with D&G, after all these hours of grinding with them!

Awards
Like? KH doesn't have true "postgame" content as you don't get to play after you finish the game, so you only get side content and that's not missing
1 & 2 both had secret bosses and the coliseum challenges, plus 2 Final Mix had the Cavern of Remembrance dungeon that could only be completed through excessive grinding. It's not a lot, but it was something to keep you going for a bit after you beat the game. Both titles also had collect-athon elements that most completed after the story as a reason to re-visit the worlds.

3 only really had the lucky emblems and the Dark Inferno superboss.

drew0512

Awards
1 & 2 both had secret bosses and the coliseum challenges, plus 2 Final Mix had the Cavern of Remembrance dungeon that could only be completed through excessive grinding. It's not a lot, but it was something to keep you going for a bit after you beat the game. Both titles also had collect-athon elements that most completed after the story as a reason to re-visit the worlds.

3 only really had the lucky emblems and the Dark Inferno superboss.
A secret boss, battlegates, Lucky Emblems, gummiship (bosses, constellations, treasures), synthesis, photo missions, world-specific minigames, Flans, Classic Kingdom, Bistro (might be forgetting something). All of this is side content ("post-game" content if you want to do after you beat the game), so I don't understand your reply.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I wouldn’t compare things that previous games had to make a point. It just establishes them as staples.

What Kingdom Hearts 3 brought to the table was Photo Missions and Bistro. It furthered other basic features like mixing Keyblades with synthesis.
Lucky Emblems are just puzzle pieces and Puppies. The Flantastic Seven are the inverse Mushroom 13. Both 1 and 2 had Gummi missions. Synthesis was a big part of 1 and 2. EVERY Kingdom Hearts game has mini games, even Days.
A stronger point would be that vanilla 3 had those features unlike vanilla 2.

disney233

Awards
A secret boss, battlegates, Lucky Emblems, gummiship (bosses, constellations, treasures), synthesis, photo missions, world-specific minigames, Flans, Classic Kingdom, Bistro (might be forgetting something). All of this is side content ("post-game" content if you want to do after you beat the game), so I don't understand your reply.
I never understood why people would feel the need to say vanilla 3 had nothing to do for post-game. Neither did vanilla 1 or 2. I mean...I GUESS I would understand the Olympus tournaments...? But let me see.

Vanilla KH3 had everything you listed. Vanilla KH1 had the dalmatians, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, and the Coliseum. Both of which topped KH2 that (in my opinion) had the LEAST amount of endgame opportunities.

KH2 only had the tournaments and Sephiroth. Yet to make things even MORE unfair, people would prefer to compare Vanilla KH3 with Final Mix KH2. And I never understood that.

drew0512

Awards
I wouldn’t compare things that previous games had to make a point. It just establishes them as staples.

What Kingdom Hearts 3 brought to the table was Photo Missions and Bistro. It furthered other basic features like mixing Keyblades with synthesis.
Lucky Emblems are just puzzle pieces and Puppies. The Flantastic Seven are the inverse Mushroom 13. Both 1 and 2 had Gummi missions. Synthesis was a big part of 1 and 2. EVERY Kingdom Hearts game has mini games, even Days.
A stronger point would be that vanilla 3 had those features unlike vanilla 2.
I believe you misunderstood something. The point of the thread is to name things that are present in KH1-2 but not in 3, so "lack of things to do post-ending" doesn't make sense without more context for the reasons you and I mentioned. There's no weaker or stronger points to make because it's not about comparing games to see which one is better.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I believe you misunderstood something. The point of the thread is to name things that are present in KH1-2 but not in 3, so "lack of things to do post-ending" doesn't make sense without more context for the reasons you and I mentioned. There's no weaker or stronger points to make because it's not about comparing games to see which one is better. They all have post games(even vanilla 2), the thing is just how we determine what counts as a fulfilling one.

Exactly that’s why I pointed out that every feature you said were in the previous games minus the Bistro and Photo Missions(and secret boss for vanilla 2). That is what I meant by staples.
To sing KH3’s praises it would’ve been better to argue how those features were upgraded instead of listing them when they already existed in previous entries.
It’s like listing Keyblades and Summons as things 3 had. I wouldn’t mention them because we knew they’re already in 1 and 2. All the games have a post game(even vanilla 2), we all find them fulfilling and lacking in different ways.

SuperNova

Awards
Things in KH1 and KH2 that we did not get in KH3:
-Colosseum mode
-Disney bosses (We had Davy Jones in KH3 but I really wanted to fight Randall and Emperor Zurg.)
-Pacing. Just pacing. (KH3 REALLY could have benefited from Aqua being saved at Midpoint.)

Back