• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Classic Command System or Command Deck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

Which command system do you think (or do you want) the Fragmentary Passage to have in 2.8? The classic command system or the command deck? Or would you rather see something new altogether?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm all for just going the classic route and just buff magic to make it the alternative.

I think the command deck only brings variety in the early stages until it becomes clear some commands are clearly better than others.

Zak1403

I really do enjoy the command system and it just feels like it's a part of Aqua's play style. So I'm all for the command system, but I understand why some people don't enjoy it as much.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I wouldn't mind classic returning. I'd like the regular Keyblade strikes to actually be the basic method of attack again. I don't have nearly as big of a problem with Deck as a lot of others do, but I will admit that it usually causes regular attacks to be negligible and can be pretty broken itself.

Narxus

Since 0.2 was supposedly originally a part of Kingdom Hearts III, I imagine it will have much of the same mechanics and command system as it will, serving as an introduction/demo to III's play style

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nomura did mention in an interview that 0.2 is a hybrid of BbS' and KH III's system.
Of course it's gonna be good ol' classic~~

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The CLASSIC Command system should only be for the main titles. I think Aqua will have a mash-up of the command deck and CLASSIC command system.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a combination of both. idk how it'll work but we'll find a way.

Pandymint

Awards
I've gotten tired of the Command Deck. But hey, as long as keyblade strikes are actually damaging and you can have more than just a basic combo then I'm happy.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hngg, this is a hard one to chose. I think both of these systems have really good aspects in them. With the command deck, it just felt so awesome to trap enemies inside Zero Gravity, and then crush them with a Meteor Crash. But this indeed was little too powerful in some points, and I kinda felt that the normal Keyblade swings did not feel as useful as they were before. The command menu has this covered, and the hits of the keyblade feel fluid and satisfying.
Hmm, so in the end maybe a sort of mix? You can pull awesome things like meteor etc.. but the swings of the keyblade feel useful and fluid. Something like that, and of course a little taste of Keyblade transformations. I believe that the command style seen in BBS was a prototype for this, which was developed further in DDD, and is finalized and polished in KHIII. Nomura had the idea since KH2FM thou.

laddyboy12

a combination of both. idk how it'll work but we'll find a way.

[video]https://youtu.be/MJyvB0Q0-WA?t=1m2s[/video]

Hngg, this is a hard one to chose. I think both of these systems have really good aspects in them. With the command deck, it just felt so awesome to trap enemies inside Zero Gravity, and then crush them with a Meteor Crash. But this indeed was little too powerful in some points, and I kinda felt that the normal Keyblade swings did not feel as useful as they were before. The command menu has this covered, and the hits of the keyblade feel fluid and satisfying.
Hmm, so in the end maybe a sort of mix? You can pull awesome things like meteor etc.. but the swings of the keyblade feel useful and fluid. Something like that, and of course a little taste of Keyblade transformations. I believe that the command style seen in BBS was a prototype for this, which was developed further in DDD, and is finalized and polished in KHIII. Nomura had the idea since KH2FM thou.

I think the biggest issue with the mixed system would be having good commands and good keyblade attacks thus making us gods in the game. So, if they mix it and find a way to make it balanced as well it'll be amazing.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
[video]https://youtu.be/MJyvB0Q0-WA?t=1m2s[/video]

I think the biggest issue with the mixed system would be having good commands and good keyblade attacks thus making us gods in the game. So, if they mix it and find a way to make it balanced as well it'll be amazing.

Yeah, the potential issue of being too overpowered worries me too. I guess we just have to hope that they balance it well. Also the improved AI of the enemies could be solution to this problem. I am hoping that we will see something relating to the AI improvement in some point. I am quite curious how that works.
Also this got me thinking, they said that the dandelion heartless shown in the E3 just creates more enemies if you whack it with the keyblade. Maybe this will play into it somehow? Like some enemies can not be damaged by physical attacks so you need to tweak your tactic accordingly to the enemy you are facing.

But even thou with this potential risks, I am very excited to see the system in motion. Can`t wait to get my hands into it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
just make magic more accessible and strategic, let us tweak combos like Days, add attacks like limit storm and such into it, and have sora's growth feel satisfying instead of reaching a level/point in the game where combat and magic isn't fucking useless. the MP bar is janky as hell, so tweak that, make regular attacks charge the MP bar with combos and finishers doing more, add buffs. if they did it right we wouldn't even need the command deck.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
With every compilation Kingdom Hearts release, one game usually has the traditional system. Seeing as 0.2 is practically a demo for Kingdom Hearts 3, a classic command deck would be the most feasible option.

Anagram

Banned
Given how godlike just the normal command deck system makes you it's a concern to legitimately have. It's why I'd prefer just ol classic myself. It's a short game anyway so it's not like there's gonna be hours of time to get commands and build a deck.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
like i said in earlier posts, make magic less powerful but more readily available and useful, like, certain enemies have specific weaknesses or can only be damaged by thunder element.

- make MP gauge easily charged, like with attacks or overtime regeneration, but used primarily for weaker magic.
- accessibility. make every spell/item easily reachable like a sigil from TW3 but without breaking the pace, like flicking the touchpad for certain spells, programmable like forward for fire, loop for aero, etc.
- use the drive gauge for a set of "deck commands", powerful magic and transformations that avoids spamming the same spell to monotony.
- combos that are customizable and you can modify, let's say, 20 points for ground and 15 for aerial. Ice breaker is 6 and limit storm is 4, each level adds 1 allocation to lengthen and power combo.
- make transforming the keyblade as simple as shotlocks but more involved. i don't want to target and fire, i want to aim, squeeze the trigger, duck for cover and reload. not literally. and don't make it a commitment or force me into it like command styles, i want to enter and leave at will.

this is ideal.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Classic. I would feel nostalgic if they made it identical to that of KH1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back