• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Cirque du Vie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
I'm a bad person for making you guys wait. So, here it is, the next (hopefully) exciting segment in our tale of more than two non-city-like planetoids... yeah...

Points for whoever can discern the origin of the title of the chapter.

-*5*-​
Sorcerers of Death's Construction​

The vast expanse of blinding light stretched out in all directions for eternity. No distinction stood between the opposite ends of the vertical spectrum in the Realm of Forever. The only mar in the pure snowy dimension were the black body of Brillian and the black skull of Morbin. The two spirit brothers hovered in discussion, questioning the sudden turn of events, just as Requiem had.​

"How didst this cometh to pass?" Morbin hissed. "Through our powers, keybearers' and memory hadst been seperate'd."​

"Patience, brother," Brillian said, trying to placate his brother. "Surely 'twill serve a purpose in Ghalokadore's great plan, which hath only been glimps'd by we two."​

"That Dirst were a foolish one, prone to anger.We knowst how anger canst transform the mortal gift of hearts."​

"Indeed. But the Plan, 'twill contain all of this."​

Morbin sighed. "Thou dost not know thy plan of Ghalokadore. We were charg'd with the fusion of two souls into one Charlatan. We fail'd in our charge, and so we must seek to remedy our situation, lest we lose Kingdom Hearts to the Darkness."​

"What doth thou suggest we doest?" Brillian retorted. "What hath pass'd hath pass'd. Should we eradicateth their memories again, the other two of the Drei Leitfäden willst be angry with us, and we knowst how anger canst transform the mortal gifts of hearts." Brillian's repetition of his brother's words was oozing sarcasm and spite.​

"Either we remedieth thine problem, or we eradicateth Eins of Drei Leitfäden."​

Brillian was astonished. "Thout art willing to destroy all mortals' hope of salvation merely because one mortal arouse'd the memories we lock'd away?"​

Morbin nodded. "The anger of Ghalokadore will be great."​

Brillian pondered their predicament for a moment, then conceded.​

"Very well. But, should Zion pass the test we shalt set before him, he remains free to expunge Helios from existence.​

Morbin grunted, which Brillian took for a motion of approval.​

(_-=-_)~(_-=-_)~(_-=-_)

Requiem, Zion, and Harmony walked out of the chamber containing the Fountain of Forever and out onto the ledge overlooking the colossal lotus flower overwhich the tower was situated. Requiem studied the column that had flown them up to the ledge before encountering Helios, but as the albino himself had found, the powerful force of the air could not be reversed to push them back down.

"Looks like we'll have to jump down."

Harmony looked at the Reflection incredulously. "Jump? Really? We're, what, three hundred feet off of the ground? I'm no expert, but a fall like that will kill us!"

Requiem smiled. "Just joking."

Zion changed the subject. "You told me that I was a Charlatan. What does that mean."

Requiem turned to face Zion. "There are five forms of beings. There are the Intact, the normal folks. Then there are the Heartless: self-explanatory; there are the Nobodies, those empty shells of Heartless. Then there are Reflections, the opposites of another's heart, like Trisn was to Dirst. Lastly, there are Charlatans, a soul or more than one soul that is put into a body that it did not originate in. For instance, you, Zion, are a combination of the souls of Dirst and Trisn in one body. Clear?"

"Uh...,"Zion said, the sudden revelation that he was two people overpowering his vocal faculties.

Requiem smirked. "Yes, yes. You carry the pasts of both Dirst and Trisn within you. No doubt the spirits of Kingdom Hearts separated the two halves of you so you would have no feelings of the past, only a duty to destroy Helios."

"But Helios killed Sora, ransacked the Radient Garden, cheated me out of a home, imprisoned me, twisted me to darkness, beat me to a pulp, took Harmony, and twisted... us against each other."

"That "us" may have something to do with it. Two minds are better than one only if they aren't in one body."

Harmony was astonished at this revelation. Would she be able to handle Dirst and Trisn? If she loved one half of Zion's persona, could she love the other? She debated with herself for a moment, and then realized a solution to their isolation on the platform.

"If Trisn is a part of you, could you get us a portal to the base of the tower?"

"Good thinking," Requiem congratulated.

"I'll try," Zion said. With that, he closed his eyes for concentration and pushed his arm outward. A black dot appeared, and in another second a black oval was before them, whirring and trying to pull them into its dark innards. Zion entered first, Harmony close behind, and Requiem brought up the rear.

The trio reappeared at the base of the tower in the middle of the large pink lotus. They looked around for a moment, searching for any signs of Helios, but neither the albino, Anaximander, nor Sidrix were anywhere to be found. Without consulting the others, Requiem headed off towards the oncoming form of the Ironclad of Lore. Harmony and Zion looked to each other, then hurried off after the reflection. After a thirty seconds of jogging across the lotus, down the stairs, and onto the pad, the three were in front of the ironclad as it touched down and the hatch opened up with a rusty squeal. They walked into the ship, and the hatch closed behind them. Requiem sat down in the rocking chair; Harmony suddenly envisaged him as Helios. Her breath sped up enough for Zion to worry.

"Harmony? Are you okay?"

"It's just that the last time I was here, I was with m-." She caught herself before she said "my father." She could only imagine the rage that would build up in Zion if he knew that she was the daughter of the most evil man in the universe. "I was with Helios."

Zion nodded slowly, sensing there was more to the phrase, information she had, he didn't. However, he didn't press the matter, and the rest of the flight passed in silent contemplation.

Soon, the Ironclad of Lore touched down on Mystic Port. The gunports and portholes of the ironclad were closed, so the only indication they had they were there was an elevated temperature and a loud thunk and jostle as they hit the ground on landing.

"How exactly do we get up onto the platform?" Zion asked Requiem.

"Same way we got down, except we have to climb the pillar."

Zion was about to interject, but the door opened. However, instead of a forest of tall flames, the only thing they saw was a smouldering field of stone. Shocked by the drastic change in scenery, the three slowly walked down the ramp and onto the warm rock that was Mystic Port. They turned a full three hundred and sixty degrees, studying the bizarre world. Requiem was the first to notice that the pillar that had once been the only point of anchorage on the world was gone.

"What happened?" Harmony whispered, her voice dulled by shock.

"Your father hath been this way, young girl."

Zion recognized the voice as that of the eccentric Morbin. He turned to see the two brothers floating in the sky.

"The seal is undone," the equally eccentric Brillian added. "We hast decide'd to remedy the situation with a test: shouldst thou pass, thou willst continue on to fight Helios. Shouldst thou fail, and all encompassing Death awaits to claim the debt you owe."

Zion was confused, but when a large Heartless appeared before them, his confusion disappeared. The monstrosity had a black rams head with blue horns and beady yellow eyes attached to an enormous stone ball. The appendages were black and ram-like, but instead of hooves there were nasty claws.

"Is this the test?" Requiem shouted back.

"Nay, foolish Reflection," Morbin shouted back with a sneer. "This is but a gift left by the girl's father."

Zion and Requiem turned to Harmony, recognizing for the first time the words that had twice escaped from the spirits. Father and girl. Could it possibly be.

"You're Helios's daughter?" Zion and Requiem said in unison. Harmony looked at the ground, but a black and white beam coming from the two spirits caused her to look at the hulking Heartless-goat-golem-creature as spines appeared on its spherical stone back and sharp fangs protruded from its mouth. Worse still, a pink light surrounded Requiem and Harmony. The two tried to get out of their magical prisons, but their efforts were in vain.

"This, Zion, is your test. Defeat the Beelzebub Golem, or face erasure."

Zion looked at the two spirits of Kingdom Hearts, then he turned to stare up at the colossal beast, remembering when Dirst had been in the shadow of another colossus, and all he could think was the same thing.

"This is not good."​

Aqua

Another great chapter, as always.

As for the title "Sorcerers of Death's Construction", I know that is a line from the song "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath (which I played in Guitar Hero II, fun game!).
Also, I like how you worked in another Shadow of the Colossus reference in at the end.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Merlin326

good job once again, my friend. this story gets more and more iteresting by the miniute. i wonder, just who/what is this mr. big (i wont even try to spell his name) the twin spirits spoke of, and these other two... again a complecated name. this should be very interesting.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
good job once again, my friend. this story gets more and more iteresting by the miniute. i wonder, just who/what is this mr. big (i wont even try to spell his name) the twin spirits spoke of, and these other two... again a complecated name. this should be very interesting.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Ghalokadore (ga-low-kuh-dawr-A) is basically the overarching monotheistic deity of the universe of Kingdom Hearts... or perhaps Kingdom Hearts itself...

As to the other two, do you speak of Morbin and Brillian, the Ye-Olde-English-speaking-skull-headed spirits?

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
I am terribly sorry about the extremely long wait. I had writer's block for a while, and then I went on vacation to Bermuda, survived the trilateral-polygonal-maritime-anomaly, and returned to find more busywork, so this is the first chance I've had in a while. So, here it goes, chapter 6, revisiting our old pals, la nueva organización.

-*6*-​
Bloody Pirates

"Lord Superior, sir, if I might have a word with you?"

Miltuxhi turned around to face Xermoch, his most faithful of members. "Lord Superior? We are an organization, not a bureaucracy. The more titles, the more confusion; the more confusion, the more unrest." Miltuxhi paused to remove his green glasses, wipe them off with a fold in his cloak, and replace them on his nose with a sigh." And we don't need unrest now."

Xermoch nodded his head, his snow white bangs bobbing on his forehead. "I apologize."

"No need. Now, what is it you wish to speak to me about?"

Xermoch hesitated for a moment, but gathered up the voice to speak. "Sir, I was approached the other day..."

"By Heartless? In the castle?"

"If only their forsaken like had appeared. I was approached by Vaxyd and Jexson."

Miltuxhi's analytical mind jumped ahead of the tale. "He's planning a coup d'etat?"

Xermoch reluctantly nodded his assent. "It seems that your word in the matter as the Superior has had little effect on their stubborn minds."

Miltuxhi looked up at the heart-shaped lunar manifestation of Kingdom Hearts, mouthing the words,"Where did I go wrong?"

Xermoch, an attentive lip reader, responded in a whisper,"You did nothing wrong lord. The schemer pirates did this."

Miltuxhi turned to look at Xermoch. "What did they say."

"I was heading into the dungeon area, to check on the Heartless specimens as you had ordered. As I was descending down the way into the dungeons, Vaxyd and Jexson emerged out of the two corridors parallel to he base of the ramp.

"'Ah, Xermoch!' Vaxyd said. 'Just the man I want to see.' I was unsure of his demeanor, so I asked what they were doing down in the dungeons.

"Jexson turned to face Vaxyd; you know how lost the fool is without his former captain. Anyway, Vaxyd quickly dismissed the question. 'Listen,' he said. 'I've got a proposition for you. You seem like a strong-willed person.' He paused to look at me for a moment, studying my reaction to his statement. I remained stoic, so he quickly continued. 'It must pain you to not have a heart yet, after all of this time of exhausting every possible route by which to gain a heart.'

"'I won't go to Helios,' I had answered, realizing where they were leading the conversation. 'Very well,' Vaxyd answered, 'but you remember that the offers open, should you realize that hearts are more important than a scientific experiment.' And that was all; they returned down the corridors and left me to continue my task."

Miltuxhi nodded slowly, then bade Xermoch leave with a thank you. Number VI nodded, then went on his way. Miltuxhi returned to looking at Kingdom Hearts for a moment, then slammed his black gloved hist down on to the white wall.

"Bloody pirates!"

<?>{{[]}}<?>`<?>{{[]}}<?>`<?>{{[]}}<?>

"So, how fractured is our Neo-Organization, Jexson?"

Vaxyd was reclining on the window seat in the captain's cabin of the Dusk Serpent, his beloved pirating ship. Currently, he wasn't wearing his standard cloak, but his uniform that he stole off of one of the Port Royal militia men. Blue jacket with gold trim, nice, grey trousers, black shoes, a white wig, and a large tri-corner hat atop his be-wigged head completed his privateer image.

Jexson looked at the list, then turned back to Vaxyd. "So far, we've got six, so thats a..."

"Fifty percent acceptance. That should be just fine, perfect for our purposes." He paused for a moment. "Technically, we have about fifty-four percent of the Neo-Organization, if we count Sidrix."

"A man smarter than the rest of us," Jexson said, commenting on Sidrix as if he were eulogizing.

"Smarter?" Vaxyd retorted. "No, he was just more informed, and yet disillusioned. Back when Helios turned him into a Nobody, he was the best, but somehow Helios Worm-tongue's words leeched into his mind like a parasite; the promise of restored glory was not met with anger but utter obedience. Now that he has the power of the Nexus Stone, We must be careful that we don't fall under his spell."

"But is he not the one we seek to end our torment?"

"Aye, we want his aid, but not his domination." Vaxyd paused for a moment, tacitly distinguishing a new conversation from the former. "Are all of the preparations ready?"

"Captain, we're fully stocked and the other four know their duties once we are aboard for ease of exit."

Vaxyd smiled. "Excellent. Schism is imminent."

<?>{{[]}}<?>`<?>{{[]}}<?>`<?>{{[]}}<?>

Despite the fact that all hours of the day were covered with a black sky and Kingdom Hearts's pale light shining down on the empty realm, Miltuxhi's biological clock, and his digital one, knew that it was evening. He sat alone in his observatory and bedroom at the foot of his queen sized bed, gazing up at Kingdom Hearts. How many people had sought this holiest of places? This heart of everything? And how many who had indeed found their desire had fallen prey to the evils that corrupt all hearts? Miltuxhi didn't know what provoked such thoughts in him, but he knew that his scientific mind wouldn't allow the questions to cease, save in his sleep, where the dream world gave no questions, and yet no answers.

Frustrated as he saw his life's work beginning to crumble, he reached out on his bedside table and picked up a crystal decanter of brandy, a family heirloom, back when he was the great Lithium, back when he had had a family. He pulled the crystal stopper out of the top and placed on a tray on the table, it's spherical and cylindrical compound shape rolling effortlessly in circles on the metal tray. Miltuxhi pointed his finger out, and the tray molded to the shape of the stopper, ceasing the rolling and noise. The Steeled Scientist then reached for a snifter from the table, and poured the golden liquid into the glass. He swirled it around, noting how the drink slightly frothed at the top were the agitation of the liquid was at it's highest.

Suddenly, he felt a heavy object press into his back. Miltuxhi was about to turn around, but he heard Vaxyd say no. So, Miltuxhi stared straight ahead, towards the peaks of several Nobody symbols adorning the rooftops of the towers.

"What is it that you want?"

Vaxyd smiled. "I just came to say goodbye before I headed out. What kind of person would I be if I didn't?"
Vaxyd let out a laugh, and Miltuxhi joined in with a mocking laugh.

"Ha ha ha. Now leave here before I bar the door."

"If you bar the door, I'll bar your brain from ever functioning again with a bullet in between the lobes of that smart grey matter of yours."

So that was what the object was. Vaxyd's altair, his prized gun he had stolen from another pirate in a far away world.

"What is it you really want?" Miltuxhi pressed.

"I want the Heartless in the dungeons, all of them, but your the only one with the way to get into the cells."

"This is true."

Vaxyd rolled his eyes. "Give it to me."

"It requires a fingerprint access which only I can give."

"Well, then I have a new plan."

"I'm listening," Miltuxhi stated. He heard a click from behind as Vaxyd pulled the hammer back on the altair. "I'm listening intently."

"Here's the plan, Superior," Vaxyd began, saying the title with such vehemence and mockery he might as well have said a curse. "You will accompany me to the dungeon, where you will unlock your specimens. Then, I shall send each and everyone to Helios, one with a letter of parley. Now, let us go."

"By your leave," Miltuxhi said.

"I don't think your in a position to make demands, however polite they may seem. "

He shoved the altair deep into Miltuxhi's spine, which received only a grunt as recognition. Then, Miltuxhi got up, as Vaxyd forced him down the myriad of hallways until they arrived in the dungeon. In times of old, one could easily teleport in and out of the cells, but Miltuxhi had installed light crystals in the walls, preventing darkness from entering or leaving, but the stones only incapacitated the captives. So, one by one, Miltuxhi placed his thumb on each cell in turn, until about fifty heartless were lying dead tired on the floors of their now defunct cells. Vaxyd quickly summoned portals for them to enter, and within seconds their numbers declined to zero.

"A pleasure doing business with you, Miltuxhi. Now, by your leave." With that, he flipped the altair so that he was holding the barrel and clubbed the Superior over the head three times, then left him lying on the floor bleeding from a head wound. He quickly made his way out of the castle and onto the deck of the Dusk Serpent, where he addressed his crew of Jexson, Niox, Nuxsod, Rasceax, and Ulmox."

"Tonight, we cast off the chains of our defunct organization and begin anew as we quest for our completion, our hearts." Then he rattled off a series of commands, which were quickly followed, and in no time the vessel was sailing into the sky, away from Neo-Organization and Kingdom Hearts.

Aqua

The plot thickens. A coup d'etat in the Neo Organization, hmm? I will be interested to see where this element of the plot goes. Then again, I find the entire story very interesting. As always, great chapter!

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
Herr Merlin: Indeed, The Dark Knight was the best movie I've seen in a good while (at least since National Treasure: Book of Secrets came out). Now, in the shortest interval I've known in a long time, I bring you another installment o' Cirque du Vie.

-*7*-​
Dance with the Devil

Zion stared up at the Beelzebub Golem with a sense of impending doom. Unlike the monstrous Heartless that half of his being had destroyed in the Cirque du Mort, this hulking demon was fully mobile. And, unlike the other half's encounter with Helios, the only plan this foe had was that of total destruction. So, with this Heartless that looked every bit as hellish as its namesake before him, Zion couldn't think what to do, and extremely compromising position.

The Golem reared back its head, then let out a bloodcurdling screech like every fingernail in the known universe had decided to scrape across the same chalkboard at the same time. The banshee cry stunned Zion for a moment, but then as the giant clawed right foot of the Heartless rose off of the ground, Zion knew that it was time to move. He dashed off to the monsters left, away from the epicenter of the stomp. He made about a hundred feet from the right foot when the ground shook and he fell over with a grunt. The Charlatan quickly righted himself and quickly studied all possible ways of destroying the Heartless. The head was a good forty feet above the ground, the legs were a risky bet. Zion thought of the Marine Executioner, the Heartless that had distracted Dirst, Harmony, and Nire form attacking Requiem. The kill shot had been to the Emblem on the tail. From what he could guess, the lowest tip of the Emblem on the Golem was at least twenty feet off the ground. So, of his options, the 'safest' bet was to go for the legs.

The Golem turned around, smashing small craters into the ground with each footstep, until he could look straight down on Zion. Without hesitation, the keybearer summoned both Lightside and Darkside to attack. He ran forward, a blade in each hand over his shoulders, and slashed at the black furred leg of the Heartless with both blades.

The hit was solid, the blades dug deep. The Heartless screeched again, causing Zion to shudder, then shook it's dark-bleeding foot to knock Zion out of the way. Zion had expected something of a retaliation, but nothing on this magnitude. It felt as if every bone in his body had liquified and he would just fall onto the ground as an amorph. However, his feeling came back as he slammed into the stony earth on his right arm with a sickening crack. He yelled out in pain, cursing the Heartless and praying that potions would rain down from the sky. Unfortunately, the miracle making powers present were currently trying to kill him. Why? What provoked the spirits to kill him, when they had charged him to eradicate Helios? Was it because he remembered his past? That was a pretty petty reason, even more so for an immortal messenger of Kingdom Hearts.

The throbbing sting in his arm brought him back to the present, where he was about to be stepped on by the Beelzebub Golem. Despite all of the possible emotions that could have been going through his mind and all of the reactions he could of had, Zion merely rolled his eyes and cursed. As the Heartless brought its foot down to smash Zion, the Charlatan brought up both keyblades in one hand and pointed the tips straight into the the Golem's heel. The dimwitted beast brought its foot straight down, forcing Zion's good arm against the ground, but before Zion's arm could break, the blade pierced through the skin and deep into the heel pad. For the third time, the Heartless screeched, just as equally raucous and cacophonous as the previous two, but this time the beast lost it's balance and fell over backwards, creating an enormous crater in the earth.

Unable to react, Zion, continued to hold onto the keyblades and was flung into the air as the foot they were attached to thrashed to gain control of the ground for a moment more, but they fell backwards on the ground. Zion was able to react in time to keep his head from smashing into the ground as the foot finally came to a stop. The impact on his body was as minimal as could be expected; Zion heard several distinct pops and cracks in his legs, but at least he was alive.

He slowly got up, the effort needed far outweighing the true intensity of the act. Once he was mildly stable, he managed to pull both keyblades out of the heel. This caused the fallen beast to grunt, but the creature was too busy trying to uproot itself from the earth to scream. Seeing his chance, Zion tried to run around to the head of the beast, but after thirty seconds of anti-climactic limping, Zion made it to the still floundering Heartless's head. He took a keyblade in each hand, ditching comfort in lieu of survival. He immediately began stabbing the creature's head. Darkness spewed out like black blood after three thrusts into the skull. Zion stabbed and stabbed, the Heartless screeched and screeched, and finally all was silent. Zion stepped back, coated in the black blood breathing heavily. He fell onto his knees, exhausted after his spat with the enormous creature, using the keyblades as makeshift canes. He then released the keyblades, falling sideways so he could stare at the Heartless.

To his delight and relief, the massive beast began to evaporate away, and after ten seconds a colossal black heart was flying towards the heavens and away to Kingdom Hearts. Zion clawed his way over to the edge of the massive crater that the Heartless had created from the fall, noting several deeper holes formed from the creature's spines. Zion deduced that the Heartless must have become hopelessly mired by its spines in the bedrock, and therefore couldn't move as he had gone berserk on its skull. Satisfied with his performance and putting faith in the spirits' ultimatum, Zion closed his eyes and drifted off.

(*)^~~~^^((*))^^~~~^(*)

Brillian turned to his brother, who was watching the heart floating away with defeat.

"Our chosen Zion hast prov'd himself worthy o' the honour that we hast proscrib'd to him."

Morbin watched the heart for a few more seconds, then retorted, "So it would seem." Without another word, he waved both arms, releasing Requiem and Harmony from their prisons. He watched as the girl ran out and fell on her knees next to the Charlatan and noted how the Reflection stopped and watched the display for a few seconds before jogging out to the two himself.

"Despite all o' his glorious wit," Morbin murmured," he is scarred the most of all players in this game." The Spirit then disappeared in a black flash. Brillian studied the three as well, nodding his ascent to his brother's statment before he disappeared in a flash of white.

(*)^~~~^^((*))^^~~~^(*)

Harmony threw her arms around Zion's body and sobbed onto his shoulder. Watching someone she loved take a beating that bad was the single most terrible experience she had ever had, worse than finding her family murdered by her father and worse than finding her mentor dead in the dining room of what she thought was a safe house in this universe gone asunder. She hugged his body close, hoping that some of her well being would somehow flow into him to make him better. She didn't notice as Requiem jogged up behind her, only noting his presence once he place his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Requiem wasn't overly worried about Zion's being. He knew that the chosen savior of the universe could bounce back to fulfill his chosen task. Right now, Requiem was desperately hoping to find a means off of this planet. No Zion meant no dark portals, so the only other way would be to use a gummi ship which they did not have.

"Hello?" He yelled out to the sky. "Could one of you spirits spare us a gummi ship? We've got the heart of everything to save."

To his surprise, a gummi ship materialized before them. The ship wasn't a five star arrangement, consisting of a triangular shape with three small engines on the back and one bun on top and a radar, but it did have a large cockpit. Without wasting any more time, Requiem ran forward, pressed a side button to pop the hatch, and returned to Harmony. He nudged her off of Zion's form , knelt down, picked up the Charlatan, and carried him with ease over to the gummi ship and placed him gently into the back seat. Requiem then turned around and motioned for Harmony to join him. Her eyes showed confusion, but she didn't ask questions and simply got into the passenger seat. Requiem jumped in last, located the brake and acceleration pads, the steering wheel, Navi-G console, gun controls, and radar screen, and then turned to Harmony.

"Where's the closest hospital?"

"The only one I know is on Velo-City."

"Then that's where we'll head." Requiem typed the name of the world into the Navi-G console and pressed his foot on the accel and pulled up on the steering wheel, sending them out and away from the planet. Requiem was pleased to be on his way, but Harmony remembered one feature of Velo-City that was a problem: the resident Heartless armada.

Aqua

They have to go back through the Heartless armada? They can't seem to catch a break. Yet, if it was easy for them it would not make a good story.

I enjoy your descriptions of battle sequences. They very vivid and detailed. Excellent chapter!

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
Once again, I apologize for the hiatus from writing. With academic, extracurricular, and emotional problems piling high, it's been a stretch to find the time to write and the time to post it all. But, we finally have an addition. Here we go

-*8*-
You Want You To Do It

Stars flittered past as Requiem skillfully piloted the gummi ship along the given course that the Navi-G had designated. Harmony had moved to the back of the cockpit and as now cradling Zion's head in her lap. She slowly stroked his forehead, pulling back his sweaty, mud-crusted black hair, noting the high temperature of his forehead that had developed over the last few minutes. She was careful not to move him, sure that his catatonic stupor would be interrupted by a shot of pain. His breathing came in shallow bursts, and every once in a while he would let out a groan or grunt.

"How far is it to Velo-City?"

"According to our computer, here," Requiem said, pausing momentarily to actually analyze the Navi-G display," we are approximately-."

BOOM!

A small burst of flame from the oxygen in the engines followed the noise, accompanied with loud klaxon-esque cacophonous blasts and flashes of red light. Requiem quickly scanned the window, realizing that a thousand black and red Heartless ships were staring back.

"Were you planning on telling me about this? A 'gift' from your father, no doubt?"

Harmony glared at him. "Just fly the damn thing!"

Requiem smiled. "Certain death, little chance of success; what are we waiting for!" With that, he pressed the accelerator pad as hard as he could, and the ship sprang forward haphazardly due to the lack of one engine. He flew headlong at the Heartless Armada, which sat patiently, waiting to strike like a primed bear trap.

A hundred feet. Ninety. The gap closed in an instant. Upon reaching the fifty foot range, Requiem opened fire with the right turret, and performed a barrel roll maneuver, sending the laser rounds into a circular form. Upon completion of the barrel roll, Requiem mashed a button on the console, releasing a large blast from the central turret.

Harmony was thoroughly confused. The only times she had ever seen stunts like this was in movies. She could only assume that this was Requiem being Requiem to the end. However, when the entirety of space was consumed in green light, she changed her mind. Instantly the wind shield fogged up with... rain drops.

Seconds later, the first of the meteors hit, crushing three Heartless ships into black mist. More hit more ships, opening a gateway through the ships, which Requiem slipped the ship through. In awe of the sudden, drastic change in the odds, Harmony turned to look back, watching as the entire Armada was destroyed in a meteor shower. She spun back to speak to Requiem, but she was struck dumb with shock. Requiem smiled once more, but said nothing, simply piloting the ship down onto the spaceport grounds.

He eased the ship into landing whilst simultaneously opening the cockpit. Once on the ground, Requiem hopped out, reached into the ship, and hauled Zion out onto the tarmac by his arms. The sudden jerking motion brought Zion out of his unconscious state.

"What... what the?" Zion croaked.

Requiem looked at him for a moment, then cuffed his temple with a great deal of force, knocking him back unconscious. Harmony's heart almost stopped.

"Call the paramedics with the ship's phone," Requiem commanded.

She felt like cuffing him in the face, but her concern for Zion stayed her hand, so she picked up the phone receiver and pressed the number '1' on the pad next to the holder, this being the phone code for an ambulance on Velo-City.

"This is Velo-City EMS, what is your emergency?" a voice answered.

"We've got a..." Harmony was searching for words."A... car crash victim here. He's got broken bones and...and a fever. Hurry, please!"

"Will do, my sweet."

Suddenly, Harmony realized she knew the operator. Sadly enough, she was related to him.

"What do you want?" She said, her voice hushed with shock.

"I want you to make a promise," Helios said nonchalantly. "I want you to mention 'The Tome of Prophecy' to your boyfriend."

"What?" Harmony said reflexively, confused by the enigmatic message.

"Promise, or he'll continue to languish and agonize. Promise, or there's no bus.

"Why do you want me to do it?"

Helios's cruel laughter could be heard feet away from the receiver. "No, sunshine. You want you to do this."

Harmony was so confused, she barely formulated the words to say,"Okay, I will."

Helios made a kiss over the pone, then hung up, leaving harmony feeling as emotionally pained as Zion was physically pained. She stepped away from the ship, leaving the receiver off the holder, and sank down cross-legged on the pavement with her back against the gummi ship.

"Helios answered, huh?" Requiem asked as if he had asked for the time.

Harmony barely nodded assent.

"He mentioned The Tome of Prophecy."

Again, a slight nod.

Requiem sighed. "So the double edged sword enters the field at last.

Harmony looked up at him, an inquisitive look in her almost blank-with-shock eyes.

Requiem sat down beside her and began narrating. "According to legend, the Tome of Prophecy is a book that contains all knowledge of the future and the events therein. In ancient times, it predicted the rise of the first Heartless and the rise and fall of Nicotyryx, detailing his defeat. However, King Volcanalia, son of Saturnalia, banished the text to the Nexus Core, another mythical construct, due to its 'dangerous contents'.

"Double edged sword?" Harmony murmured.

Requiem continued. "Years later, after Volcanalia's death, a man named Undrascus came forward with a missing page of the Tome. Before it's expulsion from the realms of light, several of the Royal Mages sought to copy down the text to save it for antiquity, but they were discovered by the Rouge Guard in the night, and only the knight Undrascus escaped with both his life and text from the Tome. Undrascus presented this page to the new king, King Adregalia. Adregalia was infuriated, and he ordered Undrascus to be put to death for treason. However, Undrascus was overcome by rage and Darkness, and thus became Marin, the Heartless General. He escaped from the palace, quickly spreading Darkness and creating a Heartless army; within a week half of the universe had succumbed to his wave of tyranny.

"However, as fate would have it, the very page that the former Undrascus had held for years outlined the rise of the Heartless Marin... and the method of his defeat. Thus the fashioning of the first Keyblades was commissioned. Marin was eventually defeated by the Chasers, but not vanquished; his soul was attached to the Tome, and the book was intact. So, he was banished to the Nexus Core like his precious book, and the both of them reside in this place today. However, no record of this world exists, so its impossible to corroborate this; Helios would know this.

"Assuming it does exist, this Nexus Core," Harmony mused. "Helios wants the Tome of Prophecy?"

"No," Requiem stated, staring at the flashing lights of the Velo-City ambulance. "Helios wants the General."

*((----))*^^*((----))*^^*((----))*

Zion's eyes slowly flickered open, and he squinted as the bright white fluorescent bulbs of the room temporarily blinded him. He became aware of a rhythmic beeping noise and the feel of several apparatuses attached to various points on his body. He tried to raise his head up to look around the room, but his temple was throbbing so badly that he immediately fell back down. He heard the door creak open, and the voice of a nurse greeted his ears.

"Finally awake, are we?"

Zion once again attempted to look around, and he managed to catch a glimpse of the nurse, and he recognized her as the nurse that had treated Dirst from the last time that he had been in a hospital.

"Alélë?" Zion said, his voice hoarse.

The nurse as taken aback as she heard a random patient say her name.

"Y-yes. May I ask your name?"

"I'm Zion."

"Powerful name," the nurse responded. "Say, have you been here before?"

"N-no," Zion stuttered, suddenly realizing his folly.

Alélë looked at him strangely for a second, then she continued on. "You came in here with some pretty bad injuries, but we'll have you out soon.

"How soon is soon?"

"Oh, I'd say tomorrow sometime."

Zion nodded, then noticed that Requiem and Harmony were standing outside of the door. He nodded at them, and the nurse turned and looked. She acknowledged their presence, then left the room for the three to talk.

Harmony immediately rushed in and gently hugged Zion. He tried to return the gesture, but hugging with a cast and broken ribs was about as easy as running a marathon through concrete.

"How are you feeling?" Harmony asked.

"Pained... no thanks to you" He spat the last word at Requiem.

"Hey, I didn't want to explain at the time.

"Ugh. Anyway, anything big happen while I was out... twice."

"Like I said," Requiem retorted."No explaining."

Harmony shuffled nervously for a moment, glancing at Requiem, who nodded. She then began. "We received a call from Helios when we called for the EMS.

"What did he say?" Zion said, his interest peaked.

"He wanted me to mention the Tome of Prophecy to you."

Zion rolled his head back to glare at the ceiling. "So, our journey truly begins."

Merlin326

Good chapter once again, Dr. Jones. Things are beginning to get very intersting.

Lol, the tome of prophecy reminds me of prophecies in general: full of irony and multiple meanings.

Requiem smiled. "Certain death, little chance of success; what are we waiting for!"

lol, i love quotes like that.

"Max, you'll risking your life, facing death at every turn."
"...And... loving it."

With all due respect,
Merlin326

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back