• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Cirque du Vie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
And here it is, the sequel to Cirque du Mort. Yes, my sig lied to you all (shame on it!) For those of you who were previous readers of Cirque du Mort, strap in and enjoy the ride. For those of you who may be tuning in for the first time, I would strongly advise to read the original (yes, it is somewhat long, but it will further your understanding of this story). And so, without further ado, Davy Jones Productions, Ltd is proud to present:

-`~ CIRQUE DU VIE ~`-

-*Prologue*-​
The Seat of Power

Iod pushed the silver door open, unsure of what would be waiting for him on the side. Through the slowly widening gap between the door frame and the door itself, a brilliant light poured through. Iod paused for a moment to lower a pair of grey tinted goggles over his eyes. He then turned around to look at his companions. Qell-Hadr was robed in royal purple, holding his summoner's staff in front of his eyes. Tryllya, clad in a kimono, held a red silk clad arm in front of her face and squinted away from the light. Nester placed his Voidrunner skull helmet over his head to help blot out the blinding light, Laocoon simply closed his eyes, and Ajax stared straight ahead into the light. Content with what he saw, Iod turned back around and finished opening the door. He stepped into the brilliant white void, took one step through it...

And emerged in an enormous cavern of a chamber. The walls were a pure snowy white, the floor slightly blue in color, and the enormous crenelated molding was slightly yellow. The doorway they had just exited faced a large staircase, and next to them was the fabled Cornerstone of Light.The color and scale of the room gave it a distinctly royal air. Of course, it did make sense, considering where they had arrived.

"So this is Disney Castle," Qell-Hadr whispered in awe as he studied the gargantuan scale of this one room. As more of the group emerged out of the doorway, he continued. "Back on Yornzo, the Grand Palace had no chambers of any kind that could match this size. I guess this is what happens when your entire world is designated as one giant palace."

Iod studied the colossal space, then focused on the figure coming down the stairs towards them. He wore a black jumpsuit, a pair of red glasses, and a gold laurel crown on top of his head. He was extremely short in stature, and his most prominent features were the two large, disk-shaped ears that came out of his head. The mouse-man strode down the stairs in grand style and walked straight up to the group of new arrivals. He stopped, and Iod knelt before him; the others bowed before the mouse-man.

"Thank you for receiving us on receiving us on such short notice, King Superbus," Iod humbly said, still kneeling. The King tapped him on the shoulder, and Iod rose.

"Please, it's Brutus, and I welcome all those who are working to resist the Helionic movement. Now, please follow me to the war room." The king stopped speaking, readjusted his red glasses, and then motioned for them to come with him. Without waiting for a response, he headed back up the stairs. Iod looked to the others, then they all quickly followed the king. The flight of steps, like the area of the castle they had seen so far, was massive, and only after about five minutes of walking did they reach the opening into the throne room. At the top of the stairs, King Superbus stopped to speak with Iod.

"Do you have any news of Helios's current whereabouts?"

Iod shook his head. "We lost track of him heading out of the Void with his new lackey, Anaximander."

"And his servant, Treble, was not among them?"

"Nope." Iod paused for a moment, then continued. "Do you know who this Anaximander is?"

Brutus shook his head. "No. He is an enigma: an unknown dark keybearer under Helios's tutelage. With him, Helios can open anything he wants to. In one week-."

"That monochrome world was weird," Laocoon interrupted. Iod turned and glared at the half-Voidrunner man, but the King just smiled.

"Yes, Timeless River's lack of color is a stark contrast to our reality, but your route through there was necessary. If you had come via Gummi ship, Helios's Heartless armada would have shot you down in an instance. So, the only way to go would be to go through the Villain's Vale on Radiant Garden through Timeless River."

After twisting and turning down a maze of hallways, Brutus Superbus finally led them to a small inconspicuous door on the far side of the castle. He twisted the doorknob, effortlessly pushed the door open, and then motioned for the others to quickly file inside.

The room was spacious circular space with a large circular metal table in the middle and sienna colored walls. Around twenty chairs were around the large table in the middle, each with a good deal of space around it. A large map of the Kingdom of Worlds was spread out over most of the table. After everyone entered the room, King Superbus closed the door and motioned for the rest to take seats around the table. Once everyone was seated and comfortable, King Superbus began his briefing in full.

"Now, let us begin. Two weeks ago, Helios escaped from the Prison of the Void." At this, the former Guardians cringed with guilt and the escapees from the Prison paled some. Noting this, Brutus added. "I do not blame anyone for this, nor do I care what you have done in past lives. Right now we need to focus on Helios and what can be done to contain his evil and crush it. Now, let's continue.

"Helios then proceeded to Willow Castle, where he set up the Cirque du Mort, a diversionary fighting tournament that was a cover for his real plan. During the second battle of the tournament, he disappeared, as did Treble. Then, one day later, they were in the Impenetrable World with the unknown Keybearer, Anaximander. Requiem, Sidrix, Dirst, Harmony, and Trisn confronted the trio, but they were defeated, and Harmony captured. Helios then quickly set off to the Void with the Genesis Key and retrieved the Nexus Stone, but he stuck around at Lotus Tower just to toy with the keybearers. All of this, we have retrieved from our Rutilus Guard's spy division.

"In the past few days, Helios has managed to conjure up an army of Heartless and storm through the universe with the aid of the Nexus Stone. As of now, there have been reports flooding in from across the universe: The Necromancer is amassing in Middle Earth, The Republic is crumbling in the Microcosm, the Demon is progressing through Halla, and the N. Sanity Island is being ransacked by Ants. Again, the Rutilus Guard has provided connections to Helios. In the next few days, I predict that he will mount an assault on this very castle."

"So, are we safe here?" Nestor asked, removing his helmet to reveal his spiky jet black hair.

"Yes. The Cornerstone of Light, which you saw when you arrived, fends off all darkness from this world."

"The witch Maleficent managed to find the loophole in the system back in the days of King Mickey." Tryllya added.

"Indeed, and that was a dark day for Disney Castle, no pun intended. However, there is now a brigade of guards that monitors the entrances to Timeless River and guards the world from any Heartless or other evils."

"But you've never faced Helios before, or the Nexus Stone, or the combination of the two."

Brutus sighed. "Yes, you are indeed correct. Despite this fact, we try to remain optimistic that our defenses will hold."

Ajax was hovering near the king when he asked the question on everyone's mind. "What do we do now?"

As if in ironic response, the ceiling of the War Room suddenly exploded in flames. Huge chunks of the stone ceiling fell. King Superbus quickly dodged out of the way and ducked under the table to wait out the explosion. Iod ran to the side of the room, as did everyone else, save Ajax, who merely stood in place. Several stones fell on top of him, but he only dissipated through the stones like a phantom. After the dust cleared from the fall, the King quickly jumped from under the table's relative safety to face the danger.

Noonday light poured into the war room, brightening the walls and providing a illumination to survey the wreckage. The enormous hole in the roof left enormous boulders scattered all over the room. Brutus looked about, and he noted the others grouping together and looking up at the opening. Brutus jogged over to them with vigilance and then turned his eyes back up to the opening in the roof. From this angle, he could see the source of the explosion, and he did not like what he saw.

Helios stood with his Solar Rapier drawn, his long white hair fluttering in the breeze. The albino was wearing a grey suit with white pinstripes running along it. He had a red ascot with an emerald in it, and a red rose was in his lapel. In the hand his rapier wasn't in he was spinning a grey umbrella. Helios was wearing his characteristic triumphant grin. Standing next to him was his new helper, Anaximander. His black hair was flowing like Helios's, and he had his keyblade drawn, which was the Genesis key from the Impenetrable World. His lavender eyes were flickering with pleasure.

"Helios, you tore my royal robe," Qell-Hadr shouted up mockingly to the albino.

"Ah, so it would seem, dear friend," the albino replied. "I'll be sure to get you a new one once I have the Royal Treasury under my control." Helios then turned his attention to King Brutus Superbus. "Say, while I'm here for the cash, do you think I could just kill two birds with one stone and take the crown for my own?"

Brutus smiled. "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

Helios's smile broadened. "Someone's been catching up on their history. I seem to recall one Captain Barbossa saying that; he was defeated by a Keybearer. Just like you will be." Helios turned to Anaximander. "The honor is yours. Take care of the king; leave the others alone. I owe them for my freedom.

"As you wish sir." With that, the dark keybearer jumped down from the high platform and landed on the center of the large table with a light tap. He quickly got out of a braced position and proceeded towards the King, who had drawn his keyblade, the one that had been in his line since the reign of his grandfather, King Mickey. He readied himself for the clash as Anaximander walked across the table with a cold resolve in his eyes. As Anaximander came within five feet of the king, he suddenly vanished into a dark portal. Surprised by the sudden tactic, Brutus had no reaction time as Anaximander appeared out of a portal in the wall and placed his keyblade around Brutus's throat. The King gasped, and Anaximander pulled him into the portal. The two reappeared next to Helios.

"So, let's try this again," Helios sneered. "Can I take your crown and your authority over the worlds?"

"The answer is the same," Brutus retorted.

"Well, you see, that's a bit of a problem, because I am going to have your power over the worlds whether you like it or not. So, one last chance."

King Superbus spat at the albino. Helios quickly ducked to avoid the salivary projectile while simultaneously putting his rapier into the king's stomach. Brutus immediately burst into flames, and within the course of three seconds the king was nothing but a few ashes on the stone roof of the war room. Without a second glance, Helios returned his attention back to the six who were standing shocked on the war room floor.

"Now, if you will please follow me to the Library. We have some research to do.
-------
Please note: Although mentioned, Middle Earth, the Microcosm, Halla, and N. Sanity island will not appear in this story. I am sorry if these lines gave you some false hope of... something.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Well done. Very Well done. And I like the idea of setting it in the future, appart from the current series, but you need to get your facts straight on a few things.

First, if the loop hole you are refering to is the events when Sora and company visited the castle in KH2, then that wasn't a loop hole, that was the present being changed because of pete's actions in Timeless River, or disney castle before the castle was built. That is what Timeless River is: Disney Castle's past. Pete had somehow summoned a door to Timeless River through some unkown means. Maleficent, realising what it was immeadiatly decided to send Pete to dispose of the Corner Stone, allowing her to move in once the past had been successfully altered. The vines at the castle was just Maleficent imposing her power as the Corner Stone's power went into decline due to it's history being changed.

Second, I find the statement "your entire world is designated as one giant palace." to be ill concieved slightly. While it may appear to be so on the world screen and in the game, keep in mind that in other worlds, your field is much more expansive. The worlds visited by Sora are much larger than just where he visits, as the majority of them are themed after Disney movies, and all those movies have locations that don't appear in the game, such as Bell's village or Mulan's family home.

But other than that, this is very good.

Last edited:
Wow.... I am astounded. Cirque du Mort is back with a sequel, and it is even better than ever! Though I do wish N. Sanity Island and Middle Earth would appear, I guess that it can not be helped.

Anyway, it is nice to have this back.

Haku

<3
At long last the sequel that I've been looking very much into noticing has finally been revealed but it does have a few shortcomings the ones AS pointed out, but great start to what will be many more great updates in the near future.

Merlin326

*smiles* there are so many references here (too bad you already named them).

anyway, good to see cirque de mor...er vie, up and running. loved the origional, love the sequal. any inspiration for our (now late) mouse king brutus? this should be getting good...

EDIT: as for pointed out shortcomings, tis to be expected in most prologues (which are often notoriously short)

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Aqua

Awesome, the sequel has started! And, I am already into it, although that it is to be expected since your writing is excellent.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
Thank you for reading, Lord Kaktoos and All-Star Gamer

Well done. Very Well done. And I like the idea of setting it in the future, apart from the current series, but you need to get your facts straight on a few things.

First, if the loop hole you are referring to is the events when Sora and company visited the castle in KH2, then that wasn't a loop hole, that was the present being changed because of Pete's actions in Timeless River, or disney castle before it was built. That is what Timeless River is: Disney Castle's past. Pete had somehow summoned a door to Timeless River through some unknown means. Maleficent, realizing what it was immediately decided to send Pete to dispose of the Corner Stone, allowing her to move in once the past had been successfully altered. The vines at the castle was just Maleficent imposing her power as the Corner Stone's power went into decline due to it's history being changed.

Second, I find the statement "your entire world is designated as one giant palace." to be ill conceived slightly. While it may appear to be so on the world screen and in the game, keep in mind that in other worlds, your field is much more expansive. The worlds visited by Sora are much larger than just where he visits, as the majority of them are themed after Disney movies, and all those movies have locations that don't appear in the game, such as Bell's village or Mulan's family home.

But other than that, this is very good.

As to the loop hole using Timeless River, I must admit I did have some qualms about using this part, but this is just how I felt it would fit into the story. Anything that involves time travel is bound to have problems.

King Brutus Superbus said:
"Yes, Timeless River's lack of color is a stark contrast to our reality, but your route through there was necessary. If you had come via Gummi ship, Helios's Heartless armada would have shot you down in an instance. So, the only way to go would be to go through the Villain's Vale on Radiant Garden through Timeless River."

Besides, the main point of the prologue was to show Helios's progression through the universe in the one week since his capture of the Nexus Stone.

As to Qell-Hadr's comment that the world Disney Castle is one giant castle, I do agree with your point. However, this world is basically designated as the seat of power for the universe, so therefore the entire world is one giant governmental center; for the mouse monarchy, this is the castle itself, with its expansive grounds. So while the entire world is not just the castle, it does only consist of the palace and the grounds surrounding it. Plus, I imagined it as a much smaller world in comparison to all of the others (probably because of what you said about Sora only visiting so much of the world).

So, I just felt like I needed to clean this up a bit. The next chapter will be up soon, hopefully, in Part One...

Oh yes, there will be parts... (not necessarily lengthy, but it follows the story's timeline).

Thank you all,

Davy Jones, the currently-Psych-themed.

Note: Merlin, the name Brutus Superbus is a friend's name in Latin Class... and that language will play into the story somewhat. Not like super secret stuff... well, you'll see.

Merlin326

Thank you for reading, Lord Kaktoos and All-Star Gamer

As to the loop hole using Timeless River, I must admit I did have some qualms about using this part, but this is just how I felt it would fit into the story. Anything that involves time travel is bound to have problems.

So, I just felt like I needed to clean this up a bit. The next chapter will be up soon, hopefully, in Part One...

Oh yes, there will be parts... (not necessarily lengthy, but it follows the story's timeline).

Thank you all,

Note: Merlin, the name Brutus Superbus is a friend's name in Latin Class... and that language will play into the story somewhat. Not like super secret stuff... well, you'll see.

as far as time travel goes, amen to that, Jones. as for parts... hm i wonder where that idea came from, lol just kidding. as far as the name, quite unique, as names go. nothing against your friend, but one doesnt see names like that in this world all that often.

on your comment about Latin playing an important part: sounds interesting, just give us translations somewhere so we can decipher your meaning.

with all due respect,
Merlin326, the tragedy writer

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I believe I fell way behind in Cirque du Mort. By like a year-ish at this point I'm willing to bet. I liked that, too.

Is that still up, DJ?

Merlin326

oO Er Merlin, I haven't noticed you put 'the tragedy writer' beside your name in your sig. Something wrong?

lol, no. that was mainly a play on how Mr. Jones gave his own little sign off:
Thank you all,

why i came up with "Tragedy Writer" was because i noticed many of my origional characters (Xando especially) have quite a bit of tragedy in their lives. hence tragedy writer.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

Thank your for rejoining us, Frozen Fate! Cirque du Mort is closed from comments, but there is a link in my sig if you would like to catch up.

And as to the friend's name, it is his Latin name... not his real name. Like being named Peter and in Spanish class being called Pedro (random example).

ah, that makes sense. since you take latin (i presume) can you translate something for me when you have a free moment (or get access to an accurate translation).

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
Herr Merlin: Since I am a first year Latin student, my skills are a bit lacking, but I think I might be able to help you with your translation.

Note: Some of the sentences are in Shakespearean syntax (meaning that if one studies it too closely, then said one's head shall be exploding)

And so, here it is. We begin the main body of the story today. Without further ado, I present the beginning o' part unus:

++Septem Dies Mane++

-*1*-​
In the Realm of Forever

Dirst groaned as he gradually regained consciousness. A great deal of light was trying to break through his eyelids and beat against his unprepared retinas. He rolled over to gain some shade to adjust in, but there was none to be found. Slightly frustrated by the inescapable blinding light, Dirst slowly opened his eyes, revealing a blank white space. He stretched and sat upright, studying his surroundings. Where was he? What was he doing here?

He turned to his left and noticed the still unconscious form of Trisn. Dirst noticed that his likeness's face was hidden, and his keyblade was lying close to a limp outstretched hand. Dirst studied his other for a moment, then memory flooded his mind.

Dirst drew his keyblade, advancing towards his other. "You. You were helping Helios."

Trisn jumped up, drawing his keyblade, a negative image of Dirst's Lightside, in defense. "What?! I hate Helios. He imprisoned me in the godforsaken Prison of the Void for my hospitality! Is that reason for helping him?"

"You chose the darkness. You operated through the darkness in him!" With that, Dirst charged forward, attacking Trisn with a quick swing of the Keyblade. Trisn parried, and the two began combat. A flurry of blows were exchanged between the two others. They battled and battled until they began moving around. Requiem ran over to Harmony and led her away from the fray between her love and his Reflection. Slowly, the two battled their way up to the Fountain of Forever, neither gaining any advantage or wounding the other. They stepped into the water, still fighting. Dirst stepped back and swung low at Trisn. In turn, Trisn swung downward to block the blow, but in the process he hit the ball from which the water spewed from. Instantaneously, a blinding light enveloped them, ending the fight for the moment.

With this sudden revelation. Dirst quickly jumped to his feet, drawing his keyblade, exactly like Trisn's but white instead of black. He strode towards his foe, but a sense of vertigo slowed this process. Half off his thoughts were focused on hatred of Trisn, but the other half were confused as to the lack of a definite ground surface. He couldn't hear his shoes thud against the ground, nor could he see anything whatsoever. This place was a true void.

After a minute of half-stumbling, half-walking, Dirst had finally made his way to Trisn's limp body. Dirst grasped the keyblade so that the blade was going downward in his fist, then raised the blade above his body. He glared down at he foe, imagining the results of a quick stab through Trisn's back. He raised the blade higher for more downward force, then...

"I say, what misadventure is so early up?"

Dirst was startled by the sudden sound of an unknown voice. He flinched and fell out of his previous stance. He turned around to look, but there was no one. He quickly surveyed the room, frantically searching for the source of the vocalization, but there was none to be found.

"I see that our little mortals have awoken," another voice added.

"Well, one of our serendipitous charges hath awoken," the first voice added.

Dirst, panicked by his helplessness and in fear of some higher beings, shouted back.

"Show yourselves!"

"Tut, tut," the first voice said. "He hath fine manners, fine indeed."

"Agree'd, my brother," the second voice replied. There was a brief pause, then the second voice added, "The second of the serendipitous mortals hath emerge'd from the unconscious realm."

Dirst, still panicking, glanced back at Trisn, whom he had briefly forgotten about. Indeed, the Reflection was stirring. Within a minute, he was up on his feet. He looked around the space like Dirst had, and upon seeing Dirst he tensed and summoned Darkside.

"Throw thy mistempered weapons to the ground!" The second voice boomed, the words echoing off of invisible walls. Unsure of the situation, the two linked keybearers obeyed the unknown voice and dismissed their blades.

"Now, we shalt -," The first voice was interrupted by Trisn.

"Who are you?"

There was a loud sigh. "These mortals and their insatiable pernicious curiosity," the first voice said in a hushed voice, signaling for a quiet consultation.

"Shall we show the mortals our form?" The second voice inquired

"Nay, but no harm cometh from our corporeal manifestation."

"Aye, then that form shalt be the one that we shalt take."

As soon as the second voice finished his words, the two took to their 'corporeal manifestation,' hardly aptly named, for keybearers saw two ghostlike figures, each with a de-jawed skull for a head and a crown resembling that of the keybearer crown. The two were identical, save for one had a black skull and a white crown and ectoplasmic body, while the other had a white skull and black crown and ectoplasmic body. The eyeless sockets of the skulls studied the two keybearers for a moment, then they introduced themselves.

"I am Brillian," the white skulled one said, which the two recognized as the second voice.

"And I am Morbin," the black skulled one said. Then in unison, they added, "And we are twin spirits of Kingdom Hearts."

The two mortals studied the two spirits for a moment, millions of questions filling their minds. However, noticing Morbin's dislike of human curiosity, the two kept their questions simple.

"Where are we?

Morbin sighed, but Brillian elbowed his brother in indignance. "We are currently in the heart of the Nexus Core, the inner sanctum of this most interesting portion of the Kingdom of Worlds," Brillian said, then at grunt from Morbin, he added. "Now, may we please get to the point?"

Fearing the wrath of angry spirits, Dirst and Trisn nodded dumbly.

Brillian nodded as well. "Good. Now, we shalt begin what we are assembled to do. A simple marriage of two beings of linked hearts and like minds: one light keybearer consumed by dark hatred, one dark keybearer seeking penance in light. Soon, ye shall both be merge'd into one being. Forsake your past, for 'twill do thee no good in the trials that in the future lie.

"So, now, from bitter rancor shalt thou two be incorporated into one soul, mind, and heart. Seek not the darkness, nor seek the light, for such violent passions have violent denouements. Seek the balance of these two primordial forces. Now, mortal brethren, gaze upon each other, for when next thou seest thou shalt see as one."

With that, Morbin thrust his ghostly arms outward, releasing a series of vine-like whisps of grey smoke, surprisingly dark against the brilliant white backdrop of the Nexus Core. The whisps enveloped both of the keybearers, creating two grey smokey eggs hovering slightly over the two spirits' heads. Then, Morbin pressed his hands together, and in response the smokey spheres fused into one. Morbin then lowered his hands by his side, and the egg fell back down to the ground and disipated, leaving only one figure unconcious on the ground.

_()--*--()_+_()--*--()_+_()--*--()_

Harmony studied the new figure standing before her. Requiem walked up behind her, intrigued by the new presence. He was fairly tall and well built with black hair, tan skin, and grey eyes. He wore a red jacket with an octagonal patch on the left shoulder, black pants, and black boots.

"Dirst?" Harmony weakly asked, fearing for her dear friend and crush.

The new presence looked at her with an inquisitive look in his eyes. "I don't know this Dirst of whom you speak."

Requiem then asked the obvious question.

"Who are you?"

The unknown turned to face Requiem, looking eye to eye with the reflection assassin.

"I am Zion, and I am here to end the scourge of Helios.

Merlin326

nice names. where did you get the idea for the two "ghosts" (lacking a better description)? i like them already. mysterious, seemingly omnipotent, existing beyond mortal forms...

as for that translation i asked, its two words: Somnus Nemoris. I have learned from experience to not to trust online translations.

back to the subject at hand, good openeing chapter for part one. what does the Part title translate into, for curiosity's sake.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Haku

<3
Quite late to finally seeing this but great choice of words in this past update, nice work overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back