• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chrono Cross

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
not really sure if this is the right place but does anybody else like or have played the game before? It's an awesome game. I LOVE IT! XD the music really is awesome and the graphics are okay too :3 (i likey the cg parts X3 ) and the story/plot is interesting too :3 anybody can post their thoughts here :3

Haku

<3
I actually never gotten to finish the game because the disk got messed up.

aerith-angel

Wow... I got a few hours in... But some of my characters would die in boss fights, and I couldn't reviv3e them, so didn't level up as much... and then all my characters were underleveled, and I got my ass kicked in the hydra's marsh. But, if it wasn't so hard, I would have loved it too! The few hours I did get to play were amazing.

Z3120

My most favorite music track in the Chrono Cross OST hands down is Home Arni Village. As for the game overall, it's only as hard as you make it really. The element system was incredibly easy for me to understand but had such depth though. CC was the first RPG I've played that actually made a turn-based RPG seem fast paced besides the early Tales of Destiny games I've seen on the PSX, which broke that standard formula. Once you develop an understanding with the element system, the game becomes a complete pushover if you ask me. The items, even the regular upgrades you can make at local shops, are somewhat too strong. There might have been more difficulty to the game had CC also stopped giving out so many stars in non-main-boss fights. If you do special runs though, the need for things like nimble, eagle-eye and weaken are incredibly useful. And yeah... it's screwed up to think the 'righteous' path yields weak characters compared to people you could have gotten like Glenn...

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Yeah, I actually played the begining of it, but I never finished it. The begining was great tho, but it seemed to drop IMO after that. Well I still got it, I'd like to pick it up and play it one of these days if no new good games release.

S

Shadow Soldier

I thought the game was amazing. Amazing graphics, soundtrack, perfect difficulty, fell in love with the characters. I only rented it, and only got as far as
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But then I had to take it back =(

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
*meow*

I already made a thread on the Chrono Series (includes Cross, Trigger, Radical Dreamers) CHeck "The Official Unofficial Chorno series thread".
Spoiler Spoiler Show
lol wut? Kid doesn't die. She gets CLOSE to dying though, on two occasions I believe...one where Lynx throws a poisoned sword at Kid's arm, another when she is stabbed by Lynx in Serge's body after the Dragon's Tear makes Serge and Lynx switch.

So no, Kid doesn't die, unlike a certain FFVII girl ;)

Z3120

I've heard good things about this game. Is it really that good?

It's very enjoyable. I still think to this day the element-based system in CC is one of the most innovative battle systems for any RPG I've seen. The only real downside if you ask me is how everything was balanced out for it. Like I said in my last post, if you understand the basic concepts of the gameplay, it can be a real pushover especially how overly powerful even a mere weapon upgrade can be.

Along with that, there was also the amount of stars you obtained which seemed a bit too much. Getting stars is another form of leveling up your stats, and well, getting so many even in non-main boss fights made your characters kind of really overwhelming (for me at least) yet I still see people like this one specific friend of mine who struggles with understanding the strengths and weaknesses of elements and loses quite often because of that. So each their own thing.

So give CC a shot.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I have played the game for about 15 hours,then got stuck on something I can't remember and I've never gotten around to search for a walkthrough XD But I'm considering playing it again =D

RoxasXIII95

Ahh I have this and I played it the other day and I got about 3 hours then I had to go and I never played again but my brother keeps telling me to play it cause it's an awesome game and I agree just that I don't have time anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back