• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Christmas Day 2006 = Apocalypse?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

squall leonhart

Okay, first off, I have absolutely NO proof of this actually being true/semi-true. I DID however, read a magazine saying something about John The Baptist having visions while crossing some desert. Supposedly, one of those visions was Jesus Christ coming on the 2006th year with his army of angels. I need more insight on this. Please discuss.

Shadukai X

Banned
^ I hate bewing mean, but you read wrong. I'm tired of this "End of the world on the so- and so" bullshit. Tons of people have predicted the end of the world, has it happened? NO!!

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
lol, just like how the end of the word was comming in 2000? Oh then when it didn't happen they said in 2001 because it started off Year 1 blah blah. Then people was saying it would in on 666 this year. (month day and year). I wish I could see the looks on people faces that believed that and it didn't happen..

Oh yea I read back in 2003 it would be 2010.. LOL that's great. I fail to see why people believe this..

I can't wait till Christmas Day, because I will be playing a new games.. While ppl think this is going to happen..

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
It's definitely going to happen in the next 50 years. This really really cool looking guy knocked on my door the other day and gave me this pamphlet. It said that Jesus/God would come and all other false religions would fall into ruin. I spent like a good hour researching and everything points to it happening. Plus the Bible and like everyone in America says it's going to happen, so I obviously can't be wrong.
Tons of people have predicted the end of the world, has it happened? NO!!
OMG! Are you stupid? Never heard of the second coming?

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
It's definitely going to happen in the next 50 years. This really really cool looking guy knocked on my door the other day and gave me this pamphlet. It said that Jesus/God would come and all other false religions would fall into ruin. I spent like a good hour researching and everything points to it happening. Plus the Bible and like everyone in America says it's going to happen, so I obviously can't be wrong.

Same thing happend too me, but I just recycled my panphlet.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Sorry. You have a point.

Now, back to the End of the World. Is there a Bible verse to back this theroy up, or any sort of proof?

No, really, I meant it when I said it.

This topic isn't even about intellectual pursuit, just a bunch of pseudo-philosophical "what if" statements. It has also been beaten to death already.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
End of the world happened in

2006(when it was 666)

Now this crap about it ending the 25th of 2006.. And people sitll believe this crap?

I mean do you people really believe everything you read?

squall leonhart

No, really, I meant it when I said it.

This topic isn't even about intellectual pursuit, just a bunch of pseudo-philosophical "what if" statements. It has also been beaten to death already.

Actually, I had no "what if" statement. I was merely pointing out something I read. And there might be SOMETHING in the Bible. Do you know any verses/books where John The Baptist is located? Read that.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Actually, I had no "what if" statement. I was merely pointing out something I read. And there might be SOMETHING in the Bible. Do you know any verses/books where John The Baptist is located? Read that.

Right, because it says the world is going to end, just like it did in 2000, 2001, and each year that some whackjobs read some cryptic Biblical quote ripped from context.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Okay, first off, I have absolutely NO proof of this actually being true/semi-true. I DID however, read a magazine saying something about John The Baptist having visions while crossing some desert. Supposedly, one of those visions was Jesus Christ coming on the 2006th year with his army of angels. I need more insight on this. Please discuss.

I never heard of this in the Bible. I think the magazine doesn't have it's facts right.:huh:

CK the Fat

The bible mentioning the year 2006 in specific seems unlikely to me. Note how the bible doesn't really have a lot of established dates in it (well, it does... just not important ones).

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
"And God said that the world would end, on December the 25th, at 6:06.06 EST."

Wow..that's oddly specific.

But on a more serious note, I, for once, agree with SN. Get out of intel. I don't even think you read this in a magezine, Squall, I think you pulled it out of your ass to try and sound intellectual (I had to laugh at that).

Also, if you *did* read it somewhere it was probably the National Inquirer. FYI, that stuff is BS.

FireFox.

lawl, The Apocalypse is not coming this Christmas my friend, however the Apocalypto is coming out this Dec. in theaters near you.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour

There isn't anything that specific in the Bible. St John's visions are recorded in Revelations, but think about it squall leonhart, if 25th Dec 2006 was mentioned, then we'd all have been anticipating the apocalypse from our births. The whole Christian population of the world would be acting in preparation for this. You can't possibly think that something you vaguely remember reading in some article is going to have an impact on the future of the world, and that you are the one charged with this terrible burden of enlightening us.

John the Baptist foresaw the birth of Jesus, but that, so far, is it.

To assume that the 25th December is more likely to be the day when this happens is an insult to Christianity. The 25th December has no more significance than any other day of the year, since it was not the birthdate of Christ, but instead just a convinient day for celebration.

The apocalypse could happen anytime, if you believe it to be so, but there is little evidence to say when it will. To cover their tracks, most people just claim that it will happen "soon", rather than focus on a particular date. That means gullible people can be hoodwinked into believing them.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
lawl, The Apocalypse is not coming this Christmas my friend, however the Apocalypto is coming out this Dec. in theaters near you.
Lolz, yeah, that's true. =D But Apocalypto looks like a boring and semi-random movies.:bored: xD

I doubt the Apocolypse would happen on Christmas, but there is always a possibility. God is the ONLY one who knows when it will come. It could be tommorow, the next day, or the next etc. Not even the Angels know when it's coming, only God. And I've never heard or read that it will happen on Christmas day 2006 or that John had a vision about it. Case closed, nobody knows when it's going to happen except God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back