• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Christian Preachers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Ok I thought I would share with all of you a little story that is in the newspaper at my college. In the middle of one of the busiest place at my school some texas teenages came to preach about God which at my school is nothing new because we have that happen all the time. This time it got stupid and offensive and down right ignorant. Here are a few points the preachers made-

1) "Homosexuals will get it in the end", ok this one made everyone laugh because it is kinda funny because well you get it but the preachers didnt get why is was so funny to us.

2) "Homosexuality is a threat to national security" can you say WTF!

3)"You get smashed with alcohol you will be smashed by God on Judgment day!"- another WTF

4)"Women should obey everything their husbands say regardless of their beliefs"

5)They completly condemned Masturbation, Abortion of any sort for any reason, Death (WTF?) and other things like that

Most students reacted like I did but others were like isnt it amazing how harsh people are to Christianity and preaching it in the school that quote made me say WTF!

CK the Fat

They sound a bit conservative... interrogate them too far into the facts behind some of their theories, though, and I doubt they'd have much to say.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Of course they don't. The worry is the people who listen to them. Those kind of people want other to think for them.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yes they would. And they would actively try to stop them. From protests to violence.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
They sound a bit conservative... interrogate them too far into the facts behind some of their theories, though, and I doubt they'd have much to say.
The same advice applies if a missionary comes knocking at your door with a pamphlet and speech.

Tobuoi said:
Well, that's just a bit obnoxious. Can't you complain to the staff or something?
It depends if they were on school ground. Even if they were, most schools don't want to get involved because they might come off as 'intolerant', which would become a hassle for them. This is of course, overlooking the fact that we're suppose to have separation of church and state.

Phoenix said:
They have freedom of speech and religion.
Except for government controlled areas. (I'm pretty sure)

Muslims preaching...or perhaps Satanists
Were the ... suppose to imply that Satanists are 'evil'?

CK the Fat

This is of course, overlooking the fact that we're suppose to have separation of church and state.

Seperation isn't supposed to ban religion in its entirety. It means that the college can't support or stop the speech due to its religious affiliation. I admit though, there is quite a thin line there, and getting thinner all the time.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Except for government controlled areas. (I'm pretty sure)

Doubt the government can actively suppress students, unless they begin to preach to people who have made it clear they don't give a crap.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Ok I thought I would share with all of you a little story that is in the newspaper at my college.

College campuses owned by the state are fair game for free speech, since they are designated as "public."

I just thought I'd throw that in for clarification to anyone who might be thinking along such lines.

This time it got stupid and offensive and down right ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with being offensive, not by law anyway. It has to be inflammatory for it to not be considered free speech.

1) "Homosexuals will get it in the end", ok this one made everyone laugh because it is kinda funny because well you get it but the preachers didnt get why is was so funny to us.

I lol'd.

A bold accusation, but not inflammatory.

3)"You get smashed with alcohol you will be smashed by God on Judgment day!"- another WTF

More of the uber-conservative Christian tripe you've heard all along.

Unpopular? Certainly, especially with the ladies, but still protected speech.

5)They completly condemned Masturbation, Abortion of any sort for any reason, Death (WTF?) and other things like that

Nothing legally wrong with preaching these things.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Hhmm... this is quite hilarious. I would have just laughed, really. Conservatives seem to grow up without the whole "free will" property. Well, they have it, but they rarely use it, and choose to follow traditions (at least some) that have been with them/their families, for generations.

At any rate, it depends if the college is a government-owned college, or private. Most are private, actually, but they just receive funds from the government. I'm currently bunked at a private Liberal Arts college.

This reminds me of a funny story that happened to my friend though. See, his name is Kyle Harden (this plays into the story later) him and his friend Shawn were at a local Hastings. One of those "Million Dollar" converters were there, and it was quite a funny conversation:

- Man walks up to K & S- Good day sirs.
-Kyle- Yo.
-Converter- Tell me, are you a Christian?
-Kyle laughs- Nooo...
-Converter- So you don't believe in God?
-Kyle- No, I don't.
-Converter- Well then, lemme tell you something about God. Do you have a sister?
-Kyle- Yes, I do.
-Converter- Did you know that hitting her, or calling her names, in God's eyes, is just as bad as killing a man?
-Kyle, thinking-... So, it's the same as murder to him?
-Converter- Yes.
-Kyle- So... that means I can go out and kill someone and I get off like it was ranting at someone! That's great!
-Converter, with wide eyes- NO! NO! That's not what I meant!
-Kyle- But it's what you said. At any rate, I have my own religion. It's called the Church of Harden. You're welcomed to join US.
-Converter- Eh... no thanks young man. Have a... nice day, and God bless.
-Kyle and Shawn wave- You too sir, and Harden bless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not exactly the most germaine conversation to this topic, but it was still funny.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Theoretically he has a point -- as far as pretty much all religion goes (and even as a believer in God I say this) there isn't much (if any) substantial evidence. So really, you could just as easily say we are all Gods. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but... does Religion?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I know he has a point. That's what makes it hilarious.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

These aren't Christian preachers
They are insane =/

Yeah, these guys have no idea what they're talking about.

Jesus drank alcohol =/
It's when you let yourself get drunk and let the liquor consume you is when it gets bad

Err, the Bible says that in marriage man and woman are one flesh, and that wives should submit to their husbands, and husbands submit to their wives. That they are now one.

....Why are they suddenly giving a hint of sexism in marriage?

1.) Masturbation is an opinionated justice IMO. Technically, only lust is condemned. So if you can find loopholes in it I don't see what makes it wrong. I guess it differs from person to person on their interpretation of it. Masturbation was never talked about in the Bible, probably because everyone was circumcised (which discouraged masturbation) and lube did not exist LOL
2.) I don't like abortion as well =/ you're killing an existant human life, it's murder.
3.) They condemn death? ....what the hell?

These people are insane >_>

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Jesus was pro-alcohol! When everybody in the party got smashed with wine, he made more! Hell of a party trick.

Well another example of stupidity in Christianity, not that I'm against it but, these social attacks are quite harsh, imagine if there were homosexuals in that discussion, how bad would they feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back