• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Choosing the Keyblade Wielder

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com

Choosing the Keyblade Wielder

x-x-x​

“NEXT!”, a loud feminine voice called out from a room down the hall. A blonde haired boy came out of the room, sad and down looking. His head dropped low as he stared at the floor. Sora, a spiky hair brunette, stood not too far from him. In his hands were a couple of white application forms. “It’s alright…better luck next time”, Sora assured the boy. He didn’t bother to look up and continued to walk past the line of other teenage boys. He was gone and out of sight, his footsteps were heard no more.

Sora swallowed. It was his turn to go into the room. He paced himself slowly in the large castle to the room. Behind him was a long trail of other boys who also held identical application forms as him, all looking anxious. He peered slowly into the room when he approached it. A woman, young and pretty, sat in a desk chair and tapped her foot up and down impatiently. A chair, empty and waiting for him, was in front of her spacious mahogany desk. Taking a deep breath in and exhaling slowly, he finally stepped in.

“Hello, welcome to Disney Castle. May I have your papers please?” the woman pointed at the papers in his hands. He handed them to her and leaned back into his chair, not knowing what to expect. Her eyes darted one place to the next in a matter of seconds on the papers before she looked up at her ‘client’. In the meantime, Sora glimpsed at the objects that rested on the desk that stood between them. Every pencil was sharp and placed neatly in it’s jug. A red and black laptop lay on one corner and on the other, a silver desk lamp. There were no pictures, plants, or even windows in the room. The white walls made Sora’s head spin and the white carpet made him feel like he was in some kind of asylum room. Goosebumps appeared on his peachy skin as a cool draft blew in from a vent above.

“You’re 14?”, she asked, surprised, looking up.

Sora nodded his head slowly. Then gulped again.

“So…So-ra?”, she squinted slightly at his messy handwriting at the top of the form. “Am I pronouncing it right?”

Again, Sora silently nodded. He had a hard time finding his voice. It was like as if someone put a lock onto his mouth and burned the key to open it. He rested his hands, folded, in his lap and resisted from squirming around.

“Alright, Sora”, she stared right into his azure eyes, which made him feel uncomfortable, “Why do you want to be the Keyblade Master?”

His mouth refused to open, and his brain refused to function. He remained silent, with a stoned expression on his face. The lady repeated her question again. This time, Sora said something.

“I-I-I….well, because I think that I…can?! And I am having these weird dreams so I think that maybe this has something to do with it…I want answers.” His response couldn’t have been any more less confident. She could barely hear him, but did understand what he said.

“OK.” She sighed, rolling her green eyes. She ruffled her brown hair and continued the interview. “Look, I’m really tired. To tell you in advance, I have been sitting in this office forever interviewing people for hours now and I want to get this over with. Just answer my questions in a blink of an eye. A simple, yes or no is fine. Got that?”

“Yes.” Sora answered quickly. He didn’t want to blow his chances by making clumsy mistakes because of his nervousness.

The woman smiled and kept on asking more questions.

“It says, or you wrote, that you have a friend named Riku?”

Sora nodded. “Yep. You know him?”

“Where are you from?” She gave him the stare again.

“Destiny Islands.”, he mumbled.

A reassuring look came onto her face.

“I see…anyhow, what are some of your ‘special abilities’?”

“Swimming, fighting, drawing…” he couldn’t think of anymore at the moment.

“Do you have any knowledge of Nobodies, Heartless, etcetera?”

“No, what are they?”

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

Blushing as he thought of Kairi, he replied, “I don’t think so…”

“Good! You won’t have any ‘heartbreaks’ when you’re away” , she couldn’t refrain from laughing. Calming down, she asked, “Are you in any medical conditions at the moment?”

“No.”

“Really? You look so thin….To your knowledge, do you have any enemies? If so, who are they?”

“Er-No, I don’t have any-”

“Are you social?”

“Um…yeah!?”

“How well are you at keeping secrets?”

Sora’s face lit up, “Oh very! My friend, Kairi, she told me that one time, oh wait, I can’t tell you because she told me not—”

“Thank you, that would be enough.” She tapped one of her pencils on top off the desk, leaving lead marks everywhere. Then she fumbled around to get a contract like paper out.

Sora slouched back into his chair, waiting for the next question. Instead, she gave him the paper and pen. “Sign here please.”

“What’s this?”, he looked at the girl’s face, to the paper that lay in front of him.

“It’s a contract.”

Taking the pen from her fragile hand, he signed his name on every line that he was supposed to-without reading it.

“Congratulations!” ,she gaily exclaimed, stapling his papers together-the contract and his application form- then stamped it leaving an approval mark on the middle of the first page.

“Congratulations?”, Sora puzzled, he didn’t know what she meant.

“You are now the Keyblade Wielder! You are designated to take Riku’s place of being the Keyblade Wielder when Riku fails-once his heart is consumed with ‘everlasting’ Darkness. You are to be held responsible for any damages that happened to the Keyblade and are entirely responsible for whatever happens to it. Also, you are entitled to defeat the Heartless, Nobodies, and Ansem in your future. Disney Castle is not held responsible for any death that occurs. This may, or may not have a huge impact in your life. The entire world’s safety lies on your shoulders…Oh and do us all a favor and keep quiet about all this!” She gave Sora a warm smile as she talked in a rapid speed. “Any questions?”

“Yeah, can you repeat that, but slower this time?” He began to get up and took hold of the Keyblade Wielder application. “What was it that you said about…death?”

Disregarding his questions, she pointed towards the door. “Goodbye!”

“Wait! What!?” Small drops of perspiration slid down from his face. “I don’t want to die while I’m doing this!”

“Good-bye!” she cried with a stern voice and gestured her hand for him to walk out the door.

“When do I start?” he inquired quickly.

“When a huge Heartless attacks your island!” she smirked, “That’s when your job begins.”

“Thank you…” he felt stupid for even taking the position in the first place, he didn’t even understand what the heck she was talking about. Without a second look back, he departed from the room.

The castle was empty as he walked down the stairs towards the garden, with a brilliant silver and golden Keyblade in his hands, tears trickling down his face. Tears of joy and fright. “What the hell did I just do?"

--------------------------------------------xxx-------------------------------------------xxx---------------------------------

Hoped you liked it! It's all Sora's fault that he decided to be the Keyblade Master, joke. =)

Last edited:

Jopari

Re: Who wants to be the next Keyblade Wielder??!

This was really good. I liked it. Um... I can't think of any ways to improve it except that I think I caught one or two spelling mistakes. The rapid speed of the questions was captured quite well in the dialog. Pretty funny too.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com

thank you!! Thanks alot for telling me what you thought--means alot to me!! I will add your comment to my site if you dont mind (fanfiction.net/~sora788)

Thanks! =)

Aqua

That was a really funny story. Well, I guess that is one way to become the keyblade wielder. Poor Sora may not know what he has gotten himself into. :) Great work!

Jopari

I think this was prolly a one shot.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com

lol, thanks guys =)

I have another story called Reality Aint pretty, sora (the links above) thats not a one shot. This was, I think thats it was funni to have to find the perfect keyblade weilder through meetings and interviews, lol.

Tell me what you think <33

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter

Haha, I liked this a lot. You got a good feel for how fast the woman asked the questions, and how awkward Sora felt. Very good story, I love it.

R0ad H0g

That was a pretty funny story that does a good job of explaining why Sora gets the keyblade.

Haku

<3

Very entertaining story you did a great job.

Smarties-kun

A truly marvelous one shot. Your description is good although the description of the woman very slightly interrupted the flow of the story in my opinion. The story was really entertaining and although the fic wasn't "Rolling-on-the-floor"-funny, it was still humorous. I also like how you described Sora's feelings, and the dialogue made it evident that the questions were being thrown at him at a rapid rate.

Not everyone knows how to write something funny, but light-heartedness is just radiating from your text. I'll make sure to look into your other fanfictions later on. And now for the only thing I found to nitpick from your text:
A woman, young and pretty, sat in a desk chair and tapped his foot up and down impatiently.
That should be her foot, not his.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com

Haha, I liked this a lot. You got a good feel for how fast the woman asked the questions, and how awkward Sora felt. Very good story, I love it.
That was a pretty funny story that does a good job of explaining why Sora gets the keyblade.
Very entertaining story you did a great job.
awesome, I liked how Sora had to be interviewed, and when she tells him, I just want a simple yes or no. Keep up the good work.
A truly marvelous one shot. Your description is good although the description of the woman very slightly interrupted the flow of the story in my opinion. The story was really entertaining and although the fic wasn't "Rolling-on-the-floor"-funny, it was still humorous. I also like how you described Sora's feelings, and the dialogue made it evident that the questions were being thrown at him at a rapid rate.

Not everyone knows how to write something funny, but light-heartedness is just radiating from your text. I'll make sure to look into your other fanfictions later on. And now for the only thing I found to nitpick from your text:

That should be her foot, not his.

Thanks for telling me what you thought! I tried to make the interview go fast, and it turned out great; i was a little bit concerned about that. I will deff. take all of your suggestions and try to avoid the same mistakes!! I never thought about the description of the lady would interrupt the flow of the story, thanks Smarties-kun for pointing that out!!

Sora788

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back