• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chiodos band loves Kingdom Hearts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but I was doing some research on a couple of post-hardcore bands, and I stumbled across a Kingdom Hearts reference in one of my favourite bands EP. Chiodos (then The Chiodos Brothers), has made an EP called 'The Heartless Control Everything'. At first, I was just like "Oh, it's nothing but a coincedence." but then I started reading about it, and what I read was amazing <3

Craig Owens, Matt Goddard and some of the band members are big fans of Square-Enix's popular selling PS2 video game Kingdom Hearts, and the title is a nod towards it since the villains in the game are called Heartless.

I think it's pretty cool, seeing as it's one of my favourite bands of all time! What about you? Have you heard of any celebrities/bands/singers that loves the Kingdom Hearts series? <3

Swordsaint

Good man! You have to listen, to their old albums with Craig Ownes as their lead singer :p

Well, some hate them, some love them. It's one of those hate 'em or love 'em bands :p

maybe i listened to a bad song

link me a good one.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
well i cant listen to it right now (on my psp right now ><) but ill check it when i get home ^^
omg, i carly likes kh? next thing we'll know, theyll annonce the hanna montana is a fan too... that would kill it for me........
oh well, miranda is one of the better actresses of this generation. she's cool, i guess.
hey OP- any songs you'd like to recromend?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
this is probably the very last thing I'd expected I'd be reading today.

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
maybe i listened to a bad song link me a good one.

well i cant listen to it right now (on my psp right now ><) but ill check it when i get home ^^ omg, i carly likes kh? next thing we'll know, theyll annonce the hanna montana is a fan too... that would kill it for me........ oh well, miranda is one of the better actresses of this generation. she's cool, i guess. hey OP- any songs you'd like to recromend?

This one is my personal favorite! I admit that their old material is a bit lame, but this in particular is amazing! From their second album 'Bone Palace Ballet', when they still had Craig Owens as their lead-singer.

'Is It Progression If A Cannibal Uses A Fork?'

This is a close follow-up.

'Lexington'

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I saw Chiodos at Warped Tour 2009. I don't like them but that is cool they like KH. I expect their fans to buy the game now and to have a new member or two on here that joined because they played Kingdom Hearts because of their fav band.

OnAPebble

I personally like them but they are terrible. There's really only two worthwhile songs on 'All's Well That Ends Well'; 'To Trixie and Reptile, thanks for everything' and 'Lindsay Quit Lollygagging.' And their second album isn't all that good either. It lacks any sort of direction although they do show they're comfortable with playing different genres. Best song on that I'd say is Lexington.

Now Chiodos' Illuminaudio was a big step up in quality compared to their last efforts; with ditching Craig Owens for Brandon Bolmer they've succeeded in creating a fairly good Post Hardcore album. (And I'm not saying getting Brandon Bolmer is the sole reason for their big step up in quality but it's part of why they got better.)

And I'm surprised OP thinks 'Is It Progression If A Cannibal Uses A Fork?' is amazing; it's arguably the worst on the album.

There's a little mini review of most of their career. (All their material before AWTEW was way worse so don't look it up.)

But anyway I know I've heard of some celebrities/bands liking KH. Just can't remember. :'(

EDIT: If anyone is wondering why I listen to their old stuff it's just because of Craig being a guilty pleasure of mine.

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
And I'm surprised OP thinks 'Is It Progression If A Cannibal Uses A Fork?' is amazing; it's arguably the worst on the album.

Well, that just proves that we people are different :p. Although I like Progression, I also do love every single song on 'Bone Palace Ballet' and in my opinion, it's one of the greatest post-hardcore albums out there. I haven't really listened to Chiodos in a while, not even when 'Illuminaudio' was released.. However I'm extremely obssesed with Craigs new band D.R.U.G.S., I guess that just proves, I lost interest in Chiodos when they kicked Craig out. And yeah, maybe he was an asshole, but he sure could sing ;).

But let's not get into music taste, and stuff! I just thought it was awesome, that one of my favorite bands loves the Kingdom Hearts series, and Pebble, if you ever remember one of them or more, please post :D.

iCarly liking Kingdom Hearts? Cool. I know the show, never watched it xD. But she seems pretty famous, so I bet she got the series some more fans along the way (y)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think I randomly found these guys on Pandora. They're not bad, but not the greatest band either. I do actually like most Bone Palace Ballet. Letter from Janelle (the acoustic version is 100 times better) is probably my favorite song on the album.

Didn't really think they were mainstream enough for people to realize this tidbit of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back