• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chinese New Year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Year of the pig (Or Boar, for those who are picky)! Finally, the new year celebration begins at February 18th, this sunday! Lasting 15 days, a fantastic celebration!

So, are any of you celebrating the new year? If so, what are you doing?

Since I'm not big on the whole relative visiting thing, I'm going to celebrate the first 13 days with each day dedicated to an individual zodiac animal. Including the cat, even though the cat's technically not part of the zodiac, I like to include it. So, obviously, the first 13 are dedicated to the zodiac animals (whether its simply watching a Fruits Basket episode where that animal appears, or some tribute to the animal) The 14th I dedicate to sweets. A chinese supersition says that if you eat candy during the new year celebration, 'sweet' things will happen to you. There are some others, but I won't list them (Check wikipedia, they have some on there somehwere.) And the final day will be an actual chinese tradition, the Lantern Festival.

So, yah. Discuss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back