• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chick-Fil-A

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I'm surprised no one made a thread on this. What do you guys think about this whole situation. Worthy or just stupid?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I love them, and honestly if you didn't know their stance by now I deem you a fool or at least close to one. For crying out loud their closed on Sundays which at least hints at it.

Plus I have yet to see them turn away any customers of LGBT at all.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
If you went to Chic-fil-A on Wednesday please ask your neighbor to punch your face.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
As a homosexual, I cannot stress how sick and tired I am of this whole, damned thing. Both sides have blown the issue far out of proportion and twisted it into something that it never was.

The owner only stated his own opinion concerning gay marriage--i.e., the freedom of speech. He never stated he hated or denied service to them, in fact, if I recall correctly (correct me if I'm mistaken), Chick-Fil-A has employed homosexual individuals. So I really don't see why all these people are so damn butthurt about his statement. So he has a different opinion than you? La-de-freakin'-da! Put on your big boy pants and grow up...

So now, to add fuel to the fire, dimwits on both sides are escalating--the "Chick-Fil-A appreciation day" and idiots protesting in front of stores. So what was just an opinion has got blown into a big, stupid argument.

Honestly, it's idiots like these that make me feel ashamed to be gay.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
As a homosexual, I cannot stress how sick and tired I am of this whole, damned thing. Both sides have blown the issue far out of proportion and twisted it into something that it never was.

The owner only stated his own opinion concerning gay marriage--i.e., the freedom of speech. He never stated he hated or denied service to them, in fact, if I recall correctly (correct me if I'm mistaken), Chick-Fil-A has employed homosexual individuals. So I really don't see why all these people are so damn butthurt about his statement. So he has a different opinion than you? La-de-freakin'-da! Put on your big boy pants and grow up...

So now, to add fuel to the fire, dimwits on both sides are escalating--the "Chick-Fil-A appreciation day" and idiots protesting in front of stores. So what was just an opinion has got blown into a big, stupid argument.

[video=youtube;oDVJd02Sh-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVJd02Sh-A[/video]

People boycotting Chick-Fil-A only gives me more chicken!
OMNOMNONMNOMNOM

Muse

you look atrocious
Here's a news article for you: David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

I agree with you, in that the owner has the right to share his opinion. But there is proof that Chick-Fil-A has donated to hate groups. While it's fine for him to have his opinion, donating to a group that's very openly a hate group isn't right.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Here's a news article for you: David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

I agree with you, in that the owner has the right to share his opinion. But there is proof that Chick-Fil-A has donated to hate groups. While it's fine for him to have his opinion, donating to a group that's very openly a hate group isn't right.

And that's fine. That's way a boycott or simply not buying the food is justified. It is wack, but it also shows up how far away we are from equality. Lots of bigots 2 days ago.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I believe that the excuse of people "expressing their beliefs" etc and the government/population not being able to oppress them for that lost its meaning once it was proven that the company put funds towards actually trying to stop gay marriage.

When belief turns into action that itself is causing oppression, people fighting back is a lot more justified.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
People have the right to believe whatever you want. You can be racist. You can hate homosexuals. As long as you respect freedom of speech and agree to disagree (such as the Chick-Fil-A guy has), and never go to violent measures, then I will respect your beliefs even though I disagree with them. And in regards to him donating to hate groups, people have the right to hate, and contribute to hate. As long as those groups aren't going around doing violent acts, then they are in the right to do so. At least they don't have to lie about how they feel, no matter how wrong they are.

There's really no reason to take measures against the company.

Awards

Chick-Fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti-gay activist groups over the years, so this isn't just about one man's opinion -- he's put money behind it. However it will never be my money. Fuck Chick-Fil-A.

D

Deleted member 36435

i eat there sometimes, i'd rather support individual business owners, employees and other people by giving them my business than deny those individuals my business based on someone's opinion and what he chooses to do with the money he earned.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Chick-Fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti-gay activist groups over the years, so this isn't just about one man's opinion -- he's put money behind it. However it will never be my money. Fuck Chick-Fil-A.

Just as many other people have put money behind things or people they believe in. It's his opinion, so naturally he would support it and like-minded groups that support it.

Now, say, if these groups he is backing violently terroize homosexuals and he does so full knowing they do, then that would be a different situation entirely.

Muse

you look atrocious

4) The media keep saying Chick-fil-A has never discriminated, but the truth is that Chick-fil-A has been sued over a dozen times for employment discrimination. That's what a leading business publication, Forbes, stated in 2007, when they also called Chick-fil-A a "cult" and reported that Chick-fil-A's founder and CEO Truett Cathy said he wanted to hire married people because they are more industrious and productive. Truett Cathy has also said he would probably fire someone who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...a-stay-home-mom/legal-issues/2012/07/26/44701

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Just as many other people have put money behind things or people they believe in. It's his opinion, so naturally he would support it and like-minded groups that support it.

Now, say, if these groups he is backing violently terroize homosexuals and he does so full knowing they do, then that would be a different situation entirely.

They were against the bill that would have put a stop to those gay executions in some African country not too long ago.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I have a feeling Chik-fil-A won't change their opinion on homosexuals. It's pretty depressing, but that's just how most Christians are. As a Christian myself I find it really embarrassing that others like myself think in this way. I'm indifferent on the whole gay marriage thing. I don't get why it's worth getting mad over.

I'll still eat there regardless of what one guy's ignorant opinion is. Chik-fil-A sauce is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back