• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chess YMX & Time-traveling YMX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mexican Sora

Awards
I'm probably super late to the boat but as everyone knows, the YMX that we see playing chess with Eraqus has silver/grey eyes and rounded ears while Time Traveling YMX has the typical Nort features (yellow eyes\pointed ears). What bothers me is that we were led to believe that Time Traveling YMX was the youngest version of himself but it's clearly obvious that the Xehanort we see playing chess with Eraqus is even younger!

Personally I think that MX tainted himself with so much darkness that he became an entirely different person. So much so that when as Ansem he went back in time, he was only able to reach those versions of himself that had already been tainted by darkness; he wouldn't have been able to retrieve/reach Chess YMX because his heart is so vastly different it wouldn't count as a version of himself anymore. Of course that would leave the question of why YMX would return to Destiny Islands when he had already left them. Thoughts? Opinions?

Kuroboshi

I always find that weird, he really looks younger when playing chess and i never saw anyone talking about that until now.

Since Xehanort story is over we may never know, but i agree with you about the kid version not being tainted by Darkness.
Maybe the kid Xehanort left the Destiny Island, and become a disciple with Eraqus, then ended up learning about Darkness and fell into them.
Then something would happen and he would be sent back to Destiny Island without memories or something.

KeybladeMasterB

I always find that weird, he really looks younger when playing chess and i never saw anyone talking about that until now.

Since Xehanort story is over we may never know, but i agree with you about the kid version not being tainted by Darkness.
Maybe the kid Xehanort left the Destiny Island, and become a disciple with Eraqus, then ended up learning about Darkness and fell into them.
Then something would happen and he would be sent back to Destiny Island without memories or something.

You kinda answered it yourself. Xehanort was originally from the Destiny Islands, he left to become a Keyblade Master in Scala ad Caelum along with Eraqus, then after becoming one, he was assaulted by curiosity on the Keyblade War and it's effects so he set out to grow in his own journey (along a healthy rivalry with Eraqus as explained in the secret reports) deciding to take the role of Darkness in this play, hence why he is a bit older in DDD and already has those features.

Hirokey123

Awards
I don't think Xehanort actually trained in Scala Ad Caleum. In the reports it tells us that in order to prepare for their mark of mastery test Xehanort and Eraqus went on a special pilgrimage to "worlds written of in the old fairytales" which sounds like a dead ringer for Scala Ad Caelum, which is built on top of the ruins of the original old fairytale world. Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus were probably just made young as part of this special pilgrimage not unlike Yensid did for Riku and Sora in DDD, though in their case their pilgrimage to the sleeping worlds was their test.

Back