• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Check out the Kingdom Hearts 3 Limited Edition PS4 Slim!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

During Tokyo Game Show 2018, Square Enix and Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia announced that a KINGDOM HEARTS 3 limited edition Playstation 4 Slim would be released in Japan. Featuring a unique emblem and checkered pattern decorated with familiar Kingdom Hearts iconography, the Slim will be making its way to the market on January 25, 2019, coinciding with the Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Playstation Japan has unveiled the packaging design for the console, as well as the original PS4 theme included in this package. 

Direct images of the packaging:

Images of the original theme. A video of the theme in action can be viewed on Playstation Japan's official Twitter.

This package includes the following:

1. Jet Black Playstation 4
    • 500 GB model will cost 33,980 yen plus tax
    • 1 TB model will cost 39,890 yen plus tax
  2. Playstation 4 Top Cover, engraved with an original design featuring the Kingdom Hearts III emblem and tartan checks
  3. Kingdom Hearts III original PS4 theme
  4. Kingdom Hearts III original design package
  5. Jet Black Dualshock 4 wireless controller
  6. Mono Headset
  7. Power Cord
  8. HDMI cable
  9. USB cable

Preorder the Kingdom Hearts 3 limited-edition PS4 Slim from Sony Japan!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Sora on a throne looks so mature and grownup then his kh look on the throne

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Will we ever get news on that PS4. I wonder why they announced the way they did if they had no purchase path planned for the near future.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just want to know what happened with the in Sora's lap. It seemed to hint at something important and it was just removed.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I think I prefer the design of this PS4 Slim compared to the previously-announced Pro. While I really like the ornamental motif of the Pro - and being a Pro at all I favour it more compared to this Slim - it's a bit too cluttered. This simpler design is much easier on the eyes.

That theme is pretty sweet, too. Though I really hope that Square-Enix come out with some nice themes, preferably dynamic ones, for people who don't buy these PS4s or aren't buying the game digitally.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
OMG, this... is.... GORGEOUS. Too bad I'm poor. :(

Meow Wow

Awards
It's beautiful! Both of the KH3 PS4s are stunning in their own ways but this one feels more like a KH themed console to me.

Maximz

you know.... it kinda bothers me cuz i pre-ordered the bundle that comes with the figures because i remember them announcing the PS4 during one of the NA conferences so i was like meh ill pre-order the bundle from the SE website so when the console LE comes out ill just up my pre-order, then i was told it was JP only, now im seeing this and its like....WHY CANT WE HAVE THIS!? T_T

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
One of the nicer themed PS4s. I'd be satisfied with just a theme of this though.

bagcifreak

What I think is so unfair about all these pre-order bonuses is that SE is forcing us to pre-order from their own shop cause they wouldn't make the CE available anywhere else and won't even give us any kind of bonus for it.

okhi12

Awards
I just want to know what happened with the in Sora's lap. It seemed to hint at something important and it was just removed.
C8AV9vzV4AA7XZ4.jpg

I didn't know what you were talking about so I've searched "trone Sora" and I found the B&W version of that image, the one released for the 15th anniversary on March 28th, and you are right. There was an animal like a dog or fox in Sora's lap, albeit partially hidden by the letters in the image. I remember now that there was some speculation about it but as you said it has been removed now.
I wonder what could it mean...
If it is a fox, lady Ava comes to my mind.

bagcifreak

I didn't know what you were talking about so I've searched "trone Sora" and I found the B&W version of that image, the one released for the 15th anniversary on March 28th, and you are right. There was an animal like a dog or fox in Sora's lap, albeit partially hidden by the letters in the image. I remember now that there was some speculation about it but as you said it has been removed now.
I wonder what could it mean...
If it is a fox, lady Ava comes to my mind.

I also wonder what's in those frames... the wallpaper has empty frames. UGH. Is there some way to undo the blur effect?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I also wonder what's in those frames... the wallpaper has empty frames. UGH. Is there some way to undo the blur effect?

At TGS, the frames had pictures of Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Then there were three blank frames, likely referencing the three Guardians of Light yet to be revealed. In the PS4 theme, the frames just have some of the symbols from the series.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The top left corner appears to be Cloud, with the bottom right corner definitely being Neku. With FFVII Remake on the way and TWEWY: Final Remix now released, the pictures could be representing other games Square Enix will be releasing, specifically games Nomura is involved in, rather than characters who've appeared in KH or who'll appear in KH3.

KeybladeMasterB

First of all: That it's such a cool PS4 and I want it! Although it's unfair it's a Japan only console so... I guess not :(

Second of all: According to Nomura, they blurred out the images on the frames because they revealed spoilers of some sort. People theorized back then of the imasges being of the unrevealed worlds and they might have been right. If you count the frames on the PS4 theme there are 9 frames and we have 8 worlds so far (7 if you don't count Winnie the Pooh as it's own world), thus leading to the belief of the recently announced trailers to reveal one or two worlds to complete the 9 we have been expecting.

So yeah, I think it's quite clear it hints to something. I even think that MAYBE the theme might fill the blank frames once you advance a world in the game? That would be neat as well :D

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Way way way way better design than the Pro. I might need to get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back